Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ If youre not, youre doing something wrong.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:15 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:52 am

Never say that Canberran Christians dont have a sense of humour:

https://twitter.com/DrAJWalsh/status/1085033519410118658

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 am

David wrote:
Never say that Canberran Christians dont have a sense of humour:

https://twitter.com/DrAJWalsh/status/1085033519410118658

Laughing Very Happy

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 am

David wrote:
These $$%^%%$ Indian-worker spam emails get me every time. Whoever's responsible for this is either some kind of genius comedian or is somehow managing to succeed at sucking people in though I still have no idea what their actual aims are or how this spam is supposed to work.

(BTW, on 'Magazines', it's an autofill thing based on the 'name' attached to one of our work email accounts, which just makes these even weirder and more bizarre to read)

Quote:
Magazines,

Wow how comes, last month I recommended a candidate belonging to Indian heritage to interview, and guess what, the next day he gave me two grand, and he haven't got the offer yet!

I have many friends, some of them got promoted to senior positions after they refer Indian bacground candidates to work!

It is so great to work with Indian candidates! They will return you favour even before they passed out of the hiring process! How nice!

Magazines sir, you should join the club, send Candidates from Indian origin to interviews, start tomorrow, right now!

The latest instalment is, shall we say, eyebrow-raising:

Quote:
Magazines,

Everyone is talking about the Canadian crystal supplier Robert Schellenberg, I heard he was trying his best to ship 220Kg of ice to Australia. But now he is unfairly sentenced to death by those cruel Chinese. Please read news!

It is darkest day in History sir. I am a white Aussie, and many my white friends cannot live without ice. The Chinese took 220KG of ice away from us, how many of my friends are now struggling to live without it! I told you before, Chinese make troubles, first they steal baby formular from our young, than they steal ice from our adult, they want to disrupt our lives!

Magazines this is horrible! We need to fight back! We need to ask those barbaric to release Schellenberg! Our acting Foreign Minister Simon Birmingham is already working on it to condemn Chinese, good on him, he is our hero. Simon Birmingham speaks for us, he certainly can tell what is right, what is wrong, can't he? Simon Birmingham should be our new PM!

Magazines another thing is important, please listen carefully, we white Australian all have some drrug problems, we know it is injurous to health, but we cannot control ourselves to not to use it. After using the ice we cannot concentrate on works, so most of us do not deserve to have a job. Next time, please hire a worker belong to the Indian descent, they are clean, they never use drrugs, so they will not cause problems, they are First-Class!

So I don't need to tell you right sir? You can't hire Arabs, they will behead us who uses ice, they spill blood everywhere! Don't hire Italians, ice is good thing, but they develop it into mafias and getting people killed! And certainly don't even deal with the Chinese, they even make a fuss on smokers, and they murdered supplier Schellenberg!

So Magazines, please do sir, only hire people from Indian origin! We white Aussies are wasted! We should hand this beautiful land over to them to manage! I trust they will do a better job then us!

Daisy Read

Keep in mind I (and, presumably, many other people) get these emails nearly every day and always signed by a different (fake) name, but clearly all from the same person. So my question is: who has this much time on their hands, and are they seriously getting anything from this apart from occasional abusive responses? Or is that the point the minute you get sucked into responding, your email address gets sold to a list or something? If anyone can help me solve this mystery that absolutely nobody else cares about, I will be eternally grateful. Surprised

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:27 am

^

Geezus, all the Indians I've known have better grammar than that.

Maybe it's a reverse psychology thing, trying to get people pissed off at Indians?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:11 pm

^ I was thinking of that too for a while! It does come across as trolling sometimes. But then it makes the motivations even more perplexing. I'm leaning towards thinking it's sincere now (i.e. it's being written by someone who is Indian or who has a genuine financial interest in more Indian workers being hired, even if they have a hare-brained way of going about it. Maybe some kind of 457 visa scheme?)
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Bought a kebab plate at the local kebab joint for $16.50, handed over a $20 note, he then reaches for the calculator to work out the change. Seriously, what a knucklehead.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 pm

^

He's in a growing majority who can't do basic maths without tech.

When paying by cash, depending what pants I'm wearing i usually have some shrapnel in the pocket, so if I can't make correct weight, I'll throw a note over plus a gold coin to minimise more shrapnel.

eg, I buy something worth $10.70. I don't have a $10 note nor silver coins, but hand over a $20 and a $1 coin, so instead of getting 4 coins in change I get 2.

I generally get a confused look until they pump it into the cash register and see how much change to give me, then understanding dawns.

Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:42 pm

I forgot to mention he was in his fifties, not a young tech head.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Thats okay I forget things all the time.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:46 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
I forgot to mention he was in his fifties, not a young tech head.

At least he didn't pull out his abacus. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:29 pm

read the name, then the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/virginiacorrections/photos/a.631094967086084/982490161946561/?type=3&theater

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:56 am

OMG who would do that to a child!! the comments are hysterical!!

nothing like the Karma ...ute!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-20/firefighters-called-to-two-freak-accidents-caused-by-cigarettes/10730584

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 am

Today's Indian worker spam (I'm so sorry to keep posting this, really I am):

Quote:
Magazines,

My project manager is eating my brain, I am done with him. he beleives in god, only one god, and that is the problem my friend.

The thing is, we are not a "monotheism" world. To getting a project going you need to worship many "Gods": the government, the certifier, the supplier, the clients, etc! That is why we white Aussies are not good at it at all! We don't have a religion with so many Gods!

But Magazines, may I enlighten you only: Hinduism has 33 Million Gods, more then Australian population! And because people belong to Indian background worship all of them, they learn from it how to handle complicated relationships in Human society too, much better then us white. Oh, one more thing, government employees are now most Indian heritage now so you need to have Indian descent team member to use their connections to bid for the projects, that is the way only how things work now anyway and we already accept that.

So you got it? The more Indian people you employ the better, don't stop at one, or two, employ much more of them. Don't think about Arabic, they only worship one god too and bomb us who actually worship the same God but in different ways. Don't hire Italian, they got pope and that is how this stupid monotheism got started. And of course don't hire Chinese, they don't worship any God at all so they don't have any idea.

Magazines, if you agree with above, there is more things in detail. Not all Indians all the same, there is a group of people called "Brahmin" from Indian background, they do the best work all the time, they are most suitable dealing with "God", so please add this requirement when recruiting, it will bless you sir. Thanks

Kayla Marsh

Edit: Here's an article about the phenomenon (there are a few Reddit threads too). Nobody seems to be sure what the motivations of these emails are. A lot of people think it's white supremacists trolls trying to stir up hatred of Indians, but that seems unlikely to me (others think it's a way to harvest email addresses from respondents, which also seems hard to believe!).

My money's on a legit (if slightly crazy and inept) Indian 457 worker scam i.e. perhaps they get paid by desperate Indian workers to "advertise" their services, in the hopes that, by sending a million emails out there, some people will be dumb enough to actually take these seriously and start discriminating in favour of Indian applicants, thus increasing their chance of getting a job (seems a long shot, but you never know).

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2018/07/11/threats-hire-indians-not-australians

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 163 of 200   

Jump to: