Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember many, many years ago, deciding to go camping with girlfriends on the river near Yarrawonga.

Had a tent, sleeping bags, food and of course Chateau cardboard.
Only problem was that we had forgotten half the tent pegs, had to sleep out under the stars - fortunately it was Summer.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
I remember many, many years ago, deciding to go camping with girlfriends on the river near Yarrawonga.

Had a tent, sleeping bags, food and of course Chateau cardboard.
Only problem was that we had forgotten half the tent pegs, had to sleep out under the stars - fortunately it was Summer.

hehe!! the Chateau cardboard helps with that!!!

hubby picked up a pallet of tents at the auctions a couple of years ago, its brand new, but i never thought to check it was all there!! hmm, oh well she has a swag, a day bed mattress,and a really good sleeping bag too! and snow rated thermals, a collingwood onesie, 2 snow parkas (i gave her mine too!!) and we went shopping for torch batteries and food, what an experience that was! it seems the boys are bringing that, and that aND that!! so she bought chips, cookie dough, tins of tuna, kellogs bars, coffee satchels, i managed to convince her to chuck in some rolls, protein shakes, and a couple of bananas!

still its only 2 nights! i told her if its too cold just go pay for a cabin.

cheers!!

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:28 pm

E (poster) in GD - I think he has an issue with authority.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:35 pm

5150 wrote:
E (poster) in GD - I think he has an issue with authority.

Yeah just saw the locked one! Wish I'd seen it before the snips!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Junior actually stayed another night, she was having fun. About to leave and her car is dead. In a caravan park in halls gap! She rings me, I talk to the guys, they tried to jump it, no go. I told them where the fuse was and started hunting down a mobile service. Told them to go into the office and ask if there is a local guy. (That message got lost for a while but they did after 30 min or so!) the manager came out and got it going, thank god! She has half a tank, probably enough to get close to home, definitely enough to recharge the battery.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:22 pm

When I had an older car, I always had a portable jump starter in the boot. Not the cables, just a little battery gig like this http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SCA-Jumpstart-900-Amp-Heavy-Duty.aspx?pid=283446&menuFrom=40701#Recommendations

Charge it, chuck it in the boot and forget it.

Just recharge it after you use and put it back

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
When I had an older car, I always had a portable jump starter in the boot. Not the cables, just a little battery gig like this http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/SCA-Jumpstart-900-Amp-Heavy-Duty.aspx?pid=283446&menuFrom=40701#Recommendations

yeah we have three of those, hubby likes those better than batteries, i cant tell you how many times ive been stranded with a dud battery. you see, he needs one for another car, and he swaps them out without telling me. we have a good one in the garage right now, well last time i looked it was there!! hes not allowed to touch my VW!!

anyhow she is home now, and apparently our family is strange. someone running around in a golf cart at the caravan park, one guy says" that would be cool if we had one of those" junior "my dads got one" "why?" "dont know think it was cheap" yep. the car breaks down. She borrows a phone to ring me (hers was flat) "wouldnt it be better to ring your dad?" "nope, mum is just as good and wont get mad!" "but whats your mum going to do?" "my mums a mechanic" "huh? what a real one?!" ill have to show them my newspaper cuttings and trophy!!

cheers!!

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:20 pm

Did you think he was allowed to touch his or her VW?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:45 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

yeah we have three of those, hubby likes those better than batteries, i cant tell you how many times ive been stranded with a dud battery. you see, he needs one for another car, and he swaps them out without telling me. we have a good one in the garage right now, well last time i looked it was there!! hes not allowed to touch my VW!!

anyhow she is home now, and apparently our family is strange. someone running around in a golf cart at the caravan park, one guy says" that would be cool if we had one of those" junior "my dads got one" "why?" "dont know think it was cheap" yep. the car breaks down. She borrows a phone to ring me (hers was flat) "wouldnt it be better to ring your dad?" "nope, mum is just as good and wont get mad!" "but whats your mum going to do?" "my mums a mechanic" "huh? what a real one?!" ill have to show them my newspaper cuttings and trophy!!

cheers!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:49 pm

Little twitter exchange between Piers Morgan and Jim Jeffries.

Piers: People think Trump is an idiot but (etc etc)

Jim: I don't think he's an idiot, I think he's a Kunt.

Way to close an argument there Jim. Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:28 am

Listening to the Icelandic soccer sports broadcaster on their marvellous win over England overnight. More Brexit fallout?
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 pm

^^^

https://twitter.com/rvkgrapevine

"The worst defeat in our history. England beaten by a country with more volcanoes than professional footballers. Well played Iceland": https://twitter.com/GaryLineker

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl_AmAQWAAAQ483.jpg
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^^^

"The worst defeat in our history. England beaten by a country with more volcanoes than professional footballers. Well played Iceland": https://twitter.com/GaryLineker

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl_AmAQWAAAQ483.jpg

Laughing Laughing

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:44 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Listening to the Icelandic soccer sports broadcaster on their marvellous win over England overnight. More Brexit fallout?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t0FdKYhKpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IMC6f7gzDw

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:47 pm

Which part of England is that?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 128 of 200   

Jump to: