Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Poor guy! Shocked Laughing Shocked

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/phuc-dat-bich-posted-a-picture-of-his-passport-on-facebook-to-prove-it-was-his-real-name/news-story/f088fe2a9f0b87e958348343f3ba6db9?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=HaraldSun&utm_medium=Facebook

Quote:
Phuc Dat Bich posted a picture of his passport on Facebook to prove it was his real name

IF YOU have ever thought your name sounded bad, spare a thought for this guy.

Phuc Dat Bich (yes, that is his real name) was tired of being accused of having a “false and misleading” name, so he took matters in to his own hands.

After having his Facebook account shut down three times, the 23-year-old Vietnamese-Australian posted a picture of his passport to the site to prove it was real.

“I find it highly irritating the fact that nobody seems to believe me when I say that my full legal name is how you see it,” he wrote. “I’ve been accused of using a false and misleading name of which I find very offensive. Is it because I’m Asian? Is it?

“Having my fb [sic] shut down multiple times and forced to change my name to my ‘real’ name, so just to put it out there. My name. Yours Sincerely, Phuc Dat Bich.”

His post has received more than 21,000 likes and was shared 65,000 times, with many calling for Phuc Dat Bich (pronounced Phoop Dook Bic) to embrace how it sounds in ‘Stralyn’.

Phuc Dat is a common name in Vietnam, while Bich (“Beht”) is usually a first name for girls.

His post has elicited both sympathy and mirth in unequal doses, with one on Twitter pledging to name their children after him.

Facebook friends have questioned the safety of publicly sharing his passport details on social media, while others wondered about the likelihood of identity theft.

“Who the HELL would want to steal THAT identity!!!,” wrote one.

The 23-year-old says on his Facebook that he works at NAB as a cleaner and is a member of many Subaru clubs around Victoria.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

An Australian man styling himself as Phuc Dat Bich has revealed his name was a hoax that fooled media organisations around the world after being contacted by SBS.

News organisations around the world, including SBS, the BBC, The Sydney Morning Herald, Fox News and The Daily Telegraph ran his story, promoting his alleged bid for acceptance of his name.

Out of this ordeal I've concluded not to trust the credibility of the media, it's twisted by the hungry journalists who mask the truth.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/11/25/phuc-dat-bich-reveals-name-hoax

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:06 am

It was still humourous while it lasted! Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:20 am

Don't blame journalists, blame massive cuts to resources which means a) more novelty stories cribbed from other publications and b) less time for fact-checking. Most of this stuff is just copy and pasted or rewritten from other sites. It's pretty funny when a prankster takes pretty much every major publication for a ride, but it's also depressing because it shows us how far newspaper standards have dropped.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Hackers replace dark web Isis propaganda site with advert for Prozac

An Islamic State (Isis) propaganda website on the dark web has been taken down by hacktivists and replaced with an advert for a site selling Prozac and a message telling would-be IS supporters to calm down.

The message posted to the Tor website states: "Too Much ISIS. Enhance your calm. Too many people are into this ISIS-stuff.

Ghost Sec, a faction of the hacktivist collective Anonymous (unaffiliated with the counter-terrorism organisation Ghost Security Group), targeted the Isdarat website after it appeared on the Tor anonymity network last week.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hackers-replace-dark-web-isis-propaganda-site-advert-prozac-1530385

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Morrigu wrote:
Hackers replace dark web Isis propaganda site with advert for Prozac

An Islamic State (Isis) propaganda website on the dark web has been taken down by hacktivists and replaced with an advert for a site selling Prozac and a message telling would-be IS supporters to calm down.

The message posted to the Tor website states: "Too Much ISIS. Enhance your calm. Too many people are into this ISIS-stuff.

Ghost Sec, a faction of the hacktivist collective Anonymous (unaffiliated with the counter-terrorism organisation Ghost Security Group), targeted the Isdarat website after it appeared on the Tor anonymity network last week.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hackers-replace-dark-web-isis-propaganda-site-advert-prozac-1530385

That's cool!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:17 pm

^

That's very cool. Laughing

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Had a guy ring about a caravan yesterday. He says I'm from Geelong, lot of caravans for sale in Geelong, they are bloody everywhere, there is dealers all down the Main Street, you fall over em. Hmm I say. Ok. I'm thinking this guy is like my dad. He says when can I have a look. I say in the morning what time suits you, he says 10, I'll ring before hand. He rocks up at 9am. Looked like my old man did about 20 years ago. He has a look. Try's a mattress. Wow that's firm he says. I say oh is that good? Yes he says. Then he hops on the other one. This one is soft. I'm looking around for the porridge by now. He lays out and says, look it's no good my feet touch the end. Not surprising really he was about 6'2". He says I was looking for a can with a double bed. Oh I say, and leave the obvious floating in the air. The. He starts going on about a repaired water leak. It doesn't leak I say, it's fixed. Hmm he says how do you know it didn't go in the cupboards or between the panels. Well I say, they seem fine. Nothing smells, and we fixed the leak. It is what it is I say. He gives me a lecture about stoves next. No one uses them he says, you don't cook in a caravan, that's why it's still new. Oh seems to be all I'm capable of by this stage as I think **** this guys my old man in disguise. Then he starts on the table configuration. I say, it is what it is, you saw the photos, guess it's not what your after, and I open the door rather pointedly. I swear to god his face changed from light to dark in a flash. You don't have to be rude he says, I say, I'm not being rude, but you have done nothing but pick faults, it's obviously not a match so yeah, he says I'm inspecting, I'm checking isn't that what you do? Don't you make sure everything is what you want? I almost laugh, but he looks like Vesuvius about to go off but I've dealt with this before. I step out the van so I'm visible from the street, and say, mate, just go. He starts again. I say, JUST. GO. He walks ahead muttering all the way, turns and says I was gunna buy it, stuff ya. I stay silent. He gets in the car, I lock the gate, he spins the wheels and blows his horn all down the street. And I think . ^&*^*%. And then I laugh. I think of my dad, and laugh harder!

I win!

The. This afternoon, another guy rocks up 20 min early, and I'm 10 min late. I apologise profusely. He's really nice about it, so is the missus. He pulls out a tape measure, and says, nah it won't fit. It's too tall. I say let the tyres down! He says I might change the wheels! Hmm. He has driven an hour and a half. The measurements are listed! Do people not look at the pictures or read the add? Ah well, I had a lovely chat with his wife for a good 25 min while he pondered the situation. They must be in their late 60's early 70's. It's pretty cool talking to random strangers sometimes! I know all the grand kids names!

You wonder where they all come from. I love people watching. At highpoint yesterday (very briefly!) this chick with bleached white hair, with bright blue ends, Tatts all up her arms and legs, yeah not my cup of tea. Saw this guy in sunshine today, dreadlocks past his knees! Big old army coat. So if you gawk, do they get upset? I'm not game to do more than have a peek!

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:24 pm

^ I love this post!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ I love this post!

Awwwww I love your apple crumble!

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Schoolies... If you haven't mastered the art of the hot fart by the time you've finished school, there is no hope for you...

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/offbeat/2015/11/25/schoolies-prank-backfires.html

A schoolies reveller has burnt his bottom after trying to set his farts on fire on the Gold Coast.The 17-year-old boy had to be taken to hospital after his prank went painfully wrong just before 4am on Wednesday. He's in a stable condition.The boy suffered 'burns to his bottom from a fire lit using a deodorant can and a lighter', the ambulance service said.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:54 pm

5150 wrote:
Schoolies... If you haven't mastered the art of the hot fart by the time you've finished school, there is no hope for you...

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/offbeat/2015/11/25/schoolies-prank-backfires.html

A schoolies reveller has burnt his bottom after trying to set his farts on fire on the Gold Coast.The 17-year-old boy had to be taken to hospital after his prank went painfully wrong just before 4am on Wednesday. He's in a stable condition.The boy suffered 'burns to his bottom from a fire lit using a deodorant can and a lighter', the ambulance service said.

A deodorant can AND a lighter? Shocked He basically set a flame thrower onto his ring. This should be in Tannin's Gen Y are stupid thread, what a tool.

So close to being a Darwin Award winner, couple more inches, cremate his knackers and he would have been. Razz Wink Laughing

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:08 pm

This person I have been friends with for a couple of years randomly messages me tonight and asks me to help her move back to Australia, and she wants to meet me. Lol. Like I have money to pay for her to come back to Australia from New Zealand. Laughing Laughing

I am not giving a stranger money, weirdos. Embarassed

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Oops. Too much data.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
A deodorant can AND a lighter? Shocked He basically set a flame thrower onto his ring. This should be in Tannin's Gen Y are stupid thread, what a tool.

He's lucky to still have a tool after that trick. Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:46 am

Got the plumbers round. One's under the house, the others in the room. The dog decided to follow the bloke under the house so he calls up to the bloke inside asking to ask me if the dog was OK.

The bloke looked at me and yelled back down, yeah, said he'd be fine just don't make any growling noises or he'll bite you.

I hear some thumping from underneath and the inside bloke laffs and saus only joking.

So I yell down, "only other thing, if he gets up behind you, fake an orgasm"

Inside bloke almost fell over laughing, not sure if the underneath guy appreciated the humour. Razz Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 108 of 200   

Jump to: