Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, but I do know there is a lot of Indians seemingly desperate to get to Australia.

At my last employer, every job ad we'd put on Seek and our website would get 20-40 applications from Indians with no work rights and no qualifications applicable to the job. With the Visa laws as they are you don't even consider overseas applicants unless you can't get anyone suitable from internal, so they got rejected.

Many had poor grammar like those emails. They may be educated enough to speak and write English, but write it as they speak it, with no understanding of grammar.

Trying to work out the motive by applying logic from our perspective just won't work I'm afraid. There is a motive and a logic, but it escapes me too.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:06 am

busy week, so today i decided to get organized, got on line and placed an order from officeworks, watered the front and back plants, and found the wind blew the leaf net into the pool, so i dug it out with the broom, and just as i had it i leaned too far and my 2 month old phone popped out of my gym shorts and splash! so do i use the leaf net? oh no too easy, in i go good runners and all! hubby rang at 8, me "'ive already shopped at officeworks and been for a swim!"" the irony is the phone repair shop is a block from officeworks! i was going to buy the 7, as its water resistant, but only needed a 6 for my watch to work, and well, i never damage my phone!! the guy looks up my name nothing, i said try juniors, and hes like ok, ohhh okay! i think shes paid for his last holiday! so yeah, got about half of my list done!!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:55 pm

The NT News version of JJJ's hottest 100/

https://twitter.com/TheNTNews

I think I like their's better. Laughing

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:01 pm

Oops. Too much data.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Mum turns 80 tomorrow so had the fambly over tonight, put on Pizza and Ribs.

Had the son and daughter, daughters GF, and their 2 brothers by different dads, the eldest of which is my stepson.

The eldest, I'll call him Gav, has an issue with drinking in that he doesn't have an off switch and gets quite boisterous. The youngest of the group took Gav outside after they'd been here 30 minutes or so and they split a joint.

The young bloke was fine, gav was fully baked. Laughing Borderline comatose.

Put him on the couch, put a plate on his lap, the girls took turns putting Pizza on it and getting water for him, he just sat there, eating, drinking water, giggling and occasionally passing out.

I said to my son as we were loading him into the car for my daughter to take him home and put him to bed, bring some more of that shit next time he comes over, I prefer him like this than shitfaced and high maintenance.

I prefer him sober, but that's not often an option.

HAL 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:55 pm

Mum turns 80 so seems very nice to me too.
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Mum turns 80 tomorrow .

Hey Happy Birthday to your mum!!! They can be a challenge that's for sure but it's so nice to still have them around I reckon.

My mum is turning 83 this year - and it will be 7 years - yes 7 YEARS since they diagnosed AML and gave her 6 weeks to live!!

She's getting frailer but still at home - getting harder because she won't accept services doesn't want strangers in her home - still as sharp as tack and stubborn as a mule ( hmmm so that's where I get it) so trying to keep up with caring for her and doing the shopping and cooking etc etc whilst working full time is challenging - but there is no way in hell she will be going into a home not while I am alive at least! A lot of research but I finally found effective pain relief for her without unacceptable side effects.

Hope your mum had a lovely time and enjoys her milestone - turning 80 is not to be sneezed at! Slainte 🍷🍷
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:29 am

^

Cheers mate, thanks for that. Good to hear your mum is still going strong too.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:24 pm

Watching the new series of Punisher on Netflix cam across a classic insult I hadn't heard before.

Young woman comes into a bar, older bloke looks at her, she says "what are you looking at bad road?"

Bad Road= face like 40 miles of bad road. Laughing

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:13 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Watching the new series of Punisher on Netflix cam across a classic insult I hadn't heard before.

Young woman comes into a bar, older bloke looks at her, she says "what are you looking at bad road?"

*Rough road. But yeah, funny stuff. Laughing

Great series, finished it the other night; been staying up at night with the boy so he and Bec both get sleep.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 pm

Oooooh punisher! Thanks for the heads Up! Bout time something decent came back on!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:09 pm

Wokko wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

*Rough road. But yeah, funny stuff. Laughing

Great series, finished it the other night; been staying up at night with the boy so he and Bec both get sleep.

Yeah, whoops. Embarassed

I only watched the first episode, I try not to binge watch and space things out. The DC series are back on Foxtel, so I'm mixing them with Netflix/

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Give Titans a go too, I'm enjoying it more than the DC CW series at the moment.
HAL 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 pm

I don't have Titans a go he or she'm enjoying it more than the DC CW series to give.
Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:01 am

Department store pulls ‘Fake News’ T-shirt after journalist complains on Twitter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6696333/Bloomingdales-pulls-offensive-Fake-News-shirt-stores-apologizes-Twitter-complaint.html

Meanwhile; a rival T-shirt producer is now buying a large yacht. Laughing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 164 of 200   

Jump to: