Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie 

suge min pikk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter went up to the holiday house in Toc on Sunday, with the sons ex and her son, my grandson, Sharknado.

Plan was to stay for a couple of days, take the kid to the park and beach and generally chill. Unfortunately it turned out pretty much what i expected.

Sharknado was, well, a sharknado. Lucky the only thing he managed to destroy was the curtains in the room he slept in. the daughter caught him before he could do any damage to himself or anything else after the little shit somehow managed to prise open the door to the built in robe which I'm storing tools in.

River didn't work, he was in the shits and his mum damn near exhausted herself after jumping in the water off the boat jetty (on the bank side), getting caught by the current and having to swim a hard 3 metres to reach land.

Daughter wanted to take sharknado to the park which is about 400m from the house, mum wasn't interested as that meant getting off her arse and putting the phone down, it would have also involved other physical activity like when sharknado predictably decided to do a bolt in the park, mum knew she had no hope of catching him.

So after less than 24 hours up there, umpteen tantrums, complaints about the heat and the 2 year old sharknado seemingly determined to exist on a diet of cheese and bacon balls and gatorade in between tantrums, they came back.

Daughter came over this morning to borrow the lawn mower, still shaking her head. I'm going up on Thursday for about a week, she's on leave so she may come up and join me for a day or two, I promised her no tantrums Razz Wink

stui magpie 

suge min pikk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 pm

So, if an alert comes out to say a missile is coming your way, you'd undoubtedly react to that but what's the best way to react to the news that it was a false alarm?

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/after-missile-alert-confirmed-as-false-alarm-this-is-how-hawaii-celebrated/

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:02 pm

Interesting deduction. How do you assume this statement holds true for me?
stui magpie 

suge min pikk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:41 pm

I didn't really laugh, but just indulged in a little schadenfreude.

I messaged one of the people who used to work for me back at Eastern. She had resigned shortly after I left, so I thought I'd check whether she'd finished up yet and how the place was.

She finished yesterday and apparently it's not a happy joint. The new ED HR was pissed off at her resigning and didn't talk to her for her last week at work, not that that bothered her, she was quite happy for the peace. Apparently the budget is badly in the red and they are now in caretaker mode with a Vic health appointee to the board in place. Looks like one of those slow moving disasters that you can see coming but can't do anything about. I can't see it turning around, I can see it ending badly.

I do feel sorry for another of my team who's now acting in my old job but, as she was moved sideways to a different manager, the ED won't speak to her except though the other manager which would be awkward all round. She's a gun and deserves better.

So glad I'm not there anymore, it was a great place to work, but i clearly got the good end of the stick when they decided to exit me.

David Libra

Reel around the fountain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Fake subtitles on old foreign-language movies. It's pretty juvenile, but still makes me laugh when it's done well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k42_XuSYbhU

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:26 pm

hehe not bad, not close to some of the Hitler ones though!!
swoop42 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:22 am

Hearing the word "fatberg" used on television news programs.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:09 pm

The Obama's official portraits.

Laughing

-Aristotle
David Libra

Reel around the fountain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:18 pm

This scene from a classic work of Indian art cinema:

https://youtu.be/dLIVjhRlUAU

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:46 am

I thought you were nuts - and then they started dancing! The Indian thriller made me chuckle too!
Jezza Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:29 pm

Wokko wrote:
The Obama's official portraits.

Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:44 pm

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/professor-fails-student-says-australia-isnt-a-country/article/2648828
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Are we still talking about httpwww dotiflsciencedot comhealth-and-medicineafter-missile-alert-confirmed-as-false-alarm-this-is-how-hawaii-celebrated ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 150, 151, 152
Page 152 of 152   

Jump to: