Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Footy Show Player Revue

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:21 am
Post subject: The Footy Show Player RevueReply with quote

I posted a thread on general discussion about this but I thought I might get a better response from you girls (and guys) in here. What did you think of this years (if you saw it) and how would you improve it if you could? I'm also thinking of doing a poll or petition to get Channel 9 to release all the past player revues in a DVD. I'd love to see some of the Clokes' performances again, as well as the Queen parody (not sure what year) along with other bits and pieces.

As far as what I think, this year's players revue was more about the hosts, former players and the scantily clad female dancers than any of the current mob of AFL players and Collingwood didn't even figure into it this year! In past years the boys have played a part but not this year. Why? At the very least they could have used some of the rookies who weren't likely to play in the finals. Poor form, footy show. Apart from Essendon and that ridiculous Presets bit, there were hardly any present day players involved.

What would I do if I were in charge? Probably a montage of Oscar winning movies (I can just see Garry Lyon as Dr Zeyus in Planet of the Apes), or musicals like Rocky Horror Show and The Sound of Music, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (with Nick Riewoldt as an Oompa Loompa. On his knees, of course). But that's just me. I think a parody of question time in parliament would have been funnier than this year's offering.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really crappy this year.. Hasn't been good for awhile. The best one was when Shane Crawford did Dirty Dancing. I loved that one! Very Happy

However, the video that won Almost Football Legends had me laughing for like an hour haha! A goal is kicked. A kid picks up the football, gets on his pushbike and rides away. Hahahaha! It was gold! Very Happy

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yeah that was good... How lucky was that guy that he had his camera on at that game? As Mastercard say, Priceless...

I had another idea... the revue could be of musicals. The Cats could do Annie with Cameron Ling in the title role. Sings "It's a hard knock life for us/It's a hard knock life, for us/ No one really gives a shit/ if we win this premiership..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: