Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Expressions of interest-Signed football-Splinter award 1993

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Swap and Sell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
annewilo 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:02 am
Post subject: Expressions of interest-Signed football-Splinter award 1993Reply with quote

1993- What a great year that was for us. Well not really. We lost to Adelaide and didn't get through to the finals. We needed to beat them by about 23 goals or something stupid but never mind. I attended that game in Adelaide and went to the Collingwood luncheon, held at the local motel across the road from the ground, as they wouldn't give us dining facilities there...lol

On offer in a raffle was a Sherrin red mini football, about 1/3 size of a traditional Sherrin. It was called the Splinters Award for 1993, sort of an in-house player type thing, that if you got benched in that year, you had to sign this ball. Most notable signature is the great Saverio Rocca, although I am sure he would have preferred not to have had to sign. There are about 9 players signatures, who got dragged and it is in great condition. A die hard fan offered me $500 on the plane back to Melbourne but I decided to hold onto it.

If anyone is interested in making me an offer, please pm me.

Regards
Annewilo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Swap and Sell All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: