Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nothing to Crow about

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:31 am
Post subject: Nothing to Crow aboutReply with quote

I thought all week I’d rather be playing Melbourne. They had quite a few injuries and their game plan is predictable :- kick the ball long to Nietz; and their defence is short.
As for the Crows, they reeled in a 29 pts deficit last night. I can’t forget that last quarter when we played them. They gave us an 11 goals lead and nearly caught us. And last night’s comeback reminded me of that game :- Clarke and Biglands dominating the ruck, knocking the ball to Stenglein, McLeod, Goodwin and whoever else is running past. They must be very fit as their last quarter of 6 goals shows.
McKee was great against Primus last week. Primus is a man mountain, but he isn’t an athletic high jumping type. Clarke and Biglands are good jumping tap ruckmen, and the Crows’ midfield takes full advantage. So Josh Fraser has to play the best game he’s ever played. He has to turn his confidence and form around. In that last quarter when Clarke and Biglands took over against us, it looked like only one team was on the ground. If those guys take over again, we’ll lose.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they should have been fit as they sure as hell didnt do anything the week before up at the GABBA

BIG PUNTA DA HEAD HUNTA
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:06 am

Don't worry too much harry, last night was a good old South Australian Football League shootout. No team played hard, accountable football. It was more like netball the way the ball went from end to end. The coach will have noticed this and look, any team in the AFL that is allowed the freedom both teams had last night would have scored big, even the filth would have scored 10 goals . The Pies are a defensive team first remember, to win we need to tie down Goodwin, Edwards, McLeod & Johnson. There alot of nothings on the crows who look good when they are winning and go missing when they are not (see Brisbane v Adelaide 7/9/02). Their backmen run off so Leon, Anthony, Taz & Co will need to chase and dump them a few times but who do they have to match up to our big guys?

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.

[This message has been edited by Cam (edited 15 September 2002).]
Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:11 am

Thanks Cam. I sure hope you're right. I agree our forward line will give them more to worry about than Melbourne's did.
But, if their midfield gets on top because of the dominance of
their ruckmen, it won't get to our forward line often enough or efficiently enough.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:24 am

I recon that the games as good as ours due to the fact that Crows have has three hard games,then us......Come on Sept 28!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:00 am

We can beat Adelaide, their strength is their midfield, and like we've done all year, our midfield can beat a good midfield. ie. Port, Brissy, Adelaide, Melbourne, all those clubs with good midfield setups who rely on that to win, we take it up to them and beat them at their own games. And Rocca will run riot, they have match-up problems galore!!

but will Richo get in the side? With Presti and Wakes, I don't think we need a third tall int eh backline, especially since Cloke can be versatile. It'll be a hard choice.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:18 am

this week is going to be one of slowest ever! i cant wait! i feel if we play anywhere near what we did against port we will kill adelaide. i dont care what anyone says, adelaide had traveled for 3 weeks (4 cum game time) and that WILL take its toll, especially against our young, well rested, confident, well supported team. its there for the taking, i sure we wont be disappointed. hopefully all the west aussie supporters get to the hydey on sat and barrack harder than ever! seeyou all there!

collingwood forever

kill em pies!
@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:22 am

yyyup! i definitly DONT think adelaide are unbeatable, one thing i reakon we need to do is guyz, is be as dominant as usual with ball gets inside 50, and then be really persistant with taking shots at goal and GETTING the goal.

i was there last nite, and as soon as melb stuffd it up in their fwd line, adelaide grabbd at the opportunity by getting the ball quickly down their end and getting a goal.... they were really reliable round goal..

but then again.. they ARRRRE against our top backline

ahh well.. i'd like to say 'yer no worries guyz! no sweat! its adelaide, we'll be fiiiiiine'
but its finals footy... lets see which team wants it more...

lv frm me who lvs paul

PS and that team is collingwood

Tyson Lane Forever
and A Day.
I miss you tubs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: