Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Channel 10 you are a disgrace

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:22 am
Post subject: Channel 10 you are a disgraceReply with quote

Dear all connected with channel 10.

I have been trying to watch the mighty pies up here on the QLD/NSW border all year, particularly these finals. And that includes the finals we are not in.

Your coverage leaves me feeling so nauseuos and angry at full time that I kick my cat and then throw up all over the poor animal.

Your 'Exclusive coverage' as so many of your trailers promotes,is an outright FRAUD. You are not bringing the game into our loungerooms and indeed all we are seeing is a mish mash of highlights, static passages of football and inept introductions and conclusions of each match.

These are finals for christ sake. Do you understand?

Finals is a feeling, an event, and an occasion. It is not just about the strict 120 or so minutes of football but also the lead up, the anxiety, the nerves and the elation the winning team feels after the final siren.

You STEAL all of those moments from supporters and viewers like me. What incompetence.

Can the Director and Producer please explain, what is in such a rush to be shown on Australian TV at 1am in the morning that could justify the ceasing of the AFL telecast almost instantly after the final siren has gone/

In the finals so far we have seen NO post game club songs, NO player/coach/fan reaction to their teams magnificent win, and no lead up excitement and anticipation which is what this game is ALL about.

Your night final telecasts are making me angrier by the day. Particularly every time I see your promos that you have all of the finals including the big one.

And one other thing. How about, at least, showing the ENTIRITY of the gameitself. Not pissing off onto a three minute commercial break when there is a ball up, throw in or ball up.

Sometimes we come back to the game and the damn score has changed or the ball is in a different area of the field altogether.

And this is a god damned replay.

FIX IT YOU BASTARDS.

Walk with me through my valleys and you will sing with me on my mountain.
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathise with ya,but from my point i would have loved 10 over here to start straight off with the action at 730 as the 40 minutes or so of ads and buildup ruined my chance of watching it,and i had the radio on.so continued to listen instead of watch.
had to settle for watching the tape at a later date as i had an early start the next morning.
they cant please everyone.

GeorgeQ 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:11 am

Poor cat, bruised and covered in vomit. Seriously you are so right, the coverage and calling of the games is rubbish. 10 scheduled the Pies/Port game for replay here but changed on the night to a live coverage. When I switched over the game was into the third quarter. Lucky my puss was on the chair at the other end of the house.

Bones 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:24 am

Where are the powers that be at each club? Why are they not supporting their interstate fans, and pushing for a better coverage? The AFL have had the proverbial pulled over their eyes.

Bring back Brucie I say!!!!!!

Pants 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:19 am

Nothing will come of posting it here, send you complaints straight to the source!

We're here, we're there, we're every farking where, we're Collingwood COL-LING-WOOD!!

Millane42 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:45 am

Well said Special Delivery - my sentiments exactly. Please forward your comments to the AFL, afl.com.au, Eddie, and Channel 10. The more pressure we put on them - and eventually they will crack!

"Grinners are Winners.."
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:50 am

Dear Ed from WA, my pie friend, my friend for life in that event.

In saying that, mate when you watch a finals you know well and truly that you should be very lucky to get what you want out of a footy telecast...to the very last degreee anyway.

Everybody has moments that they wish didn't exist in each telecastand I for one am starting to get driven up the wall by Robert Walls and his blatantly obvious comments... (a player takes two marks in the last two minutes...Walls:'he's starting to get involved in the game that player...') Idiot he is.

But what I demend mate is the right to choose. I expect the full replay so I can drool at what I want and not what some juvenilistic, footy naive commercial station decides to run in the name of time saving at midnight.

Give us the choice. then we know what we are in for.

Walk with me through my valleys and you will sing with me on my mountain.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:42 am

Hey,
I'm not living in Melbourne for the weather you know.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:05 am

Hey guys,the only ones that you can blame for this fiasco is AFL/Telstra,as they are the ones who made the offers to Ch9/Ch10.
I believe that Ch10 wanted to show all finals games LIVE but were told by AFL/Telstra that it wasnt on as it would affect the games at the Gabba etc....dont worry about the Sydney viewers and the other states,none of us count.Apparently this was all part of the package that was signed by the powers that be and the clubs had no say in the matter.
As an after thought.....the NRL are complaining up here in Sydney that Ch9 are NOT showing live finals and that the PUBLIC would prefer to have delayed telecasts so therefore Ch9 are showing 2 hour delayed telecasts.I can tell you what seeing that canterbury are out and that Bris and NZ (part of Australia????) are in the finals will be interesting to see figures....my heart bleeds for the little mugs.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:02 pm

lol stik 35!

footy ROX!
Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:05 pm

Channel 10 & 9 have sucked all yr i live on the boarder on Vic/nsw & all through the yr friday night games were an hour late & saturday night games 30 mins late & thats if we ever saw a game live due the day bring back channel 7!

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

the red capsicum 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:05 am

Totally agree, I live in Brissy and I can't believe they decided not to show the finals on Friday nights. On the night of our win, they showed the movie "Au Pair". Can you believe it!? What a joke. Then to rub salt into our wounds, yes it's true, they didn't show any of the post match celebrations, not even the club song!!!! What can we do? I feel as though I'm speaking to a brick wall when I ring up and complain.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: