Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Will u be disapointed if we go down in the pre-lim??

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:59 pm
Post subject: Will u be disapointed if we go down in the pre-lim??Reply with quote

will u be disapointed if we go down in the pre-lim?? im sure that i will be pissed off if we lose but still proud of the season and looking forward to the next year when we win the flag!im seeing alota magpie fans talking about grandfinals already and that displeases me! start talking about it when we get there, or it'll make a loss just as shocking if we do happen to lose! ( be confident but realize that anything can happen and we aint in the granny yet!)

footy ROX!
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

As i have said on this site many times collingwood has finished second 23 bl===y times .I started being a maggie supporter in 1953. I have heard the talk but unfortunately not always the walk . the mountain still has to be climbed . Anyone who talks about grandfinals should remember what scum carlton did to bombers not so long ago when essendon was odds on to win . remember the very fat lady has not started singing yet.

THE JOURNEY HAS STARTED UP THE VERY STEEP MOUNTAIN BUT THE MOUNTAIN PEAK STILL CANNOT BE SEEN ,EACH DANGEROUS STEP NEEDS TO BE TAKEN WITH CARE . IN JUST OVER A WEEK A HIGH HURDLE NEEDS TO BE JUMPED AND DAILY SMALL HURDLES EXIST.NO OTHER TIME FRAME EXISTS AT 8.31 ON 12/9/02

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:33 pm

"will you be disappointed if we go down in the prelim?"

NO. COURSE NOT. *sarcasm*.

after getting so far of course i will be disappointed.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:50 pm

I will be! But i love them either way!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~Official Leader of the Jarrod Molloy cheersquad~*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"Out on the road 2day I saw a dead-head sticker on a Cadillac, A little voice inside my head said "don't look back, u can neva look back" *Boys Of Summer-Don Henley*"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
anne 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:57 pm

no. never. they have done so well, never a disappointment

Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:58 pm

i wont b disappointed if we lost cause i've gone through the good & the bad but i dont feel that we will lose!

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:32 pm

i'll be VERY disappointed, as i am after all losses but more given the prize is a GF berth. but then i'll drown my sorrows, get up on sunday and realise theyve excceded my expectations this year and look good for many seasons to come. if someone had offered us just one finals match(ie, finish 7th/8th or there abouts) at the start of the season, we wouldve been laughing. we may yet cause a boilover and win this year, but the 'real' maggies are 2-3 years away i think. cloke, cole, johnno, adkins, lonie, mcg etc etc get another 40 games under their belts - look out afl.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:54 am

Will I be dissapointed to ahve made the preliminary? No.

Will I be dissapointed to lose to Melbourne or Adelaide at the MCG in front of a (probably) full house of mostly Pie fans? Yes!!

This is a great oppourtunity for the boys, after that win in Port we have set ourselves up to receive a grandfinal berth on a platter!!

We should whip Melbourne or Adelaide EASILY!!! Especially if we play with as much passion as we did against Port. We will have too much skill, and it's about getting those skillful players the ball, and to that end I think Licca, Burnsy and Bucks will be playing with a fair bit of intensity, so the boys can look forward to a good day.

Of course if that doesn't happen it could go either way. Home finals pressure? Just inexperience? Not being the underdog? It could all go wrong, but also it could go so so right!!

And making the grandfinal - WHAT AN EXPERIENCE for such a young team!! They'll be set for five years of finals if we make the big one, just making the prelim is pretty dman good, but to run out in the big one, to smell the fever, taste the hype, it's HUGE!!

And, as my Dad said, finals is a different season, The Grand final is a different game.

If we play like we did against Port against the Lions, we'll put up a much better show than the Crows, we'll still be in it at three quarter time at least!! And from there, anything can happen.

We just ahve to keep playing well. This year, if we play to our best, we can beat anyone - and that is a GREAT thought!!

GO PIES!!!

And should we get ahead of ourselves? - no, couragous cloke, we shouldn't, as long as they focus on the day it'll be all good, but they have to know what the prize is, the prize for disposing of an undermanned Melbourne or an out of sorts Adelaide - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:13 am

Good stuff Brown26. I too will be disappointed if we lose the prelim., and of course I'm rapt that we've made it this far. What some people don't realise is that we were only 5-6 straight kicks (at the opportune time) over the whole of last season from not being a top 4 side. Our improvement this year has been far more consistency (despite the 2nd half of the season), with the relatively young and inexperienced guys stepping up and showing the way at some times. This is a fantastic opportunity, with the week off we have the best chance of going thru to the GF. I could not imagine at the start of the year that the flag was a "real" possibility, but now we have to lift our sights and know that it's there for the taking if we play our best. Brisbane are obvious favourites, but who didn't think that Essendon wouldn't go back to back after 2000. This year could be one of the greatest GF's ever.

Go Pies!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:04 am

We are not going to lose the Prelim, we are going to win it. Then we are going to win the Grand Final. We will not lose, we will not go down without a fight, we will win, we will beat all comers.

JDF
Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:29 am

A bluddy good fighting lose will be acceptable.
Just hope its not by Melbourne...

damn... another 8 days to wait

Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:35 am

im hoping Melbourne dont get through cause i hate them but i also no we can beat them

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:41 am

Bones, with all respect NO it will not. Admirable losses are bulltish, especially at this time of year. Do you really think that the players, coaches and all those connected will be satisfied with a good fighting loss? The thinking will be, strike that, is, that nothing short of a GF berth is acceptable.

I konw that in recent times North, Essendon, and Brisbane did "apprenticeships" before winning the GF, but you must take the opportunity when it is presented to you. One side will win, the other will lose. Losing never gives you any satisfaction. It is just a sense of what if, filled with regrets. Us mad Collingwood supporters have smelt blood from early this season, as we should have. Remember that this is the finals, you do not take prisoners. There is no next week. (All cliches I know, but we do not want any negativity, nor arrogance for that matter, confidence is everything - another cliche)

Go Pies!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:42 am

No admirable losses for us very much.

JDF
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:53 am

I can i say that even if we lost next weekend i would be very very happy with what they have done this season.....

Lets Look forward to September Action... And lets also look forward to more drinking at the cricketrs pub:PRazzRazz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: