Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We are aware of the UNSUBSTANTIATED rumours

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely we're being way too serious here people. I mean we all obviously care for the welfare of the players we love, and as Joffa points out in this situation they are people first and foremost.

But lets not kid ourselves here, the mainstream media at large will determine what happens with this story not us here on a Bulletin Board.

I think everyone's motives to not speculate or inflame the situation are to be admired.

However the original aim of this site and others like it was for folks like us to have a free-speech forum to discuss matters that we are all interested in without the shackles of editorial beaureacracy.

I agree no names should be mentioned unless a charge has been laid, but lets not go totally underground in the meantime. Given its still over a week and a half til we take the field for a game we gotta have something to talk about in the meantime for christ's sake.

DB.
Murray 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:42 am

Damien,
At last some common sense. Thankyou a thousand times. I thought I must have been on another planet or something. What a bunch of prima donas some people are. For god sake his name is all over the place but hey, lets not use it here because it might do some unspeakable damage to the team. Yeah, like the rest of the team will be thinking about someone having a wank before they run out onto the field. Get real

Only Collingwood people know what we feel - the rest will never understand.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:49 am

Ironically I actually havent heard who it is........I've heard nothing since John Anderson said yesterday morning on 3AW that it was someone who didn't play Friday night.

DB.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:56 am

Ok Murray, you're obviously badly put out over this. Just what is it about wanking that you need to discuss so badly? If it's all over the place, why the need to have it here as well? There are obviously other places that you can discuss it.

I was the one that deleted the topic and I deleted after receiving several complaints. That's another catalyst to censorship that I failed to mention in your censorship topic. If someone finds a topic objectionable, we'll have a look at it.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:17 pm

And I will say that I made my complaints known about it very forcefully.
I find it distasteful in the extreme. If and when it goes to court and the individual is found guilty then lets go for it and splash (no pun intended) it all over the place.
I notice that another Pies site, one with a reputation for "anything goes" has treated this subject the same as this BB. That is, it is taboo.
If you really want to state your views publicly, write to M. Sheahan c/o the HeraldSun. I'm sure he would be more than happy to publish you.

-Craig

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:26 pm

Murray,

There really is no need to talk about this. You are in the minority here mate. As far as I'm aware this has the backing of most if not all moderators.

JDF
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:40 pm

Joel, it is important that we are open and flexible. If anyone disagrees with the way we do things they need to be able to tell us that in the knowledge that they will be heard. On the other hand we carry the responsibility for the decisions we make and must be prepared to enforce them if we deem it necessary.

It's not us v. them, it's a balance and it's respect that ultimately make this work or not. We do as we think right in the best interests of the people who use the board and if those users disagree with our policy or the way we administer it, the way to change that is to join us.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 11 September 2002).]
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 5:48 pm

Murray,

lay off a bit mate!! It doesn't matter whether or not we think the issue is offensive, some people do, and it's expected that we tolerate that view. For whatever reason, a lot of people are a bit upset about it, so it goes. We can all have a great debate about it once it's over with.

Another issue is that if there is a problem involving the judical system, there are legal issues with defamation etc. I know it's a total.. (enter pun here) but you have to think about it these days unfortunately.

I'd love this to be a forum where you can say whatever you want, it's be great open discussion, but it's pretty damn hard to do that and cater for all the people who use this site. We do our best. Sometimes we can appear a bit over bearing, but I'm sure it's just in an effort to stop a worst possbile scenario from occuring, nothing more.

- Ben

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:12 am

Sorry Mike,

That wasn't my intention. I was pointing out to Murray this more or less is a majority vote when it comes to this sort of thing and more or less the majority would prefer this topic not to be here.

Furthermore, the risk of legal action is not necessary.

JDF
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:52 am

Hey Mike, this topic, quite frankly, is a big yawn...can't we have the pertinent and current footy posts on show up top where they count?

Cheers

Scottie

Walk with me through my valleys and you will sing with me on my mountain.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:24 am

special delivery, everytime we reply to a post as you just did it brings it back to the top.
If you don't find it interesting then don't reply and it wont stay up there.

Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:04 am

stik35...u don't say??? doh! just did it again...but it was at the top regardless of whether there was a new post or not...please give me some credit of intellect!!!

Walk with me through my valleys and you will sing with me on my mountain.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 9:12 am

Murray, this BB is run by the Colingwood Family for the Collingwood Family. I was one of those who requested certain information to be taken from that post. (Thanks Mike). There's no place for that sort of stuff here.

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:06 am

Thanks everyone I am having enjoying the very welcomed responses. Don't become overly concerned with my different points of view.

Joel, dear oh dear. You must be quite young. You obviously believe only the majority have a right to be heard and that the minority must be silenced at all costs.
Never mind little fella, you will come to understand the workings of the world one day. But for starters look up the word "Democracy" and see what it says.
Hang in there you will get there one day.

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 10:07 am

Thanks everyone I am having enjoying the very welcomed responses. Don't become overly concerned with my different points of view.

Joel, dear oh dear. You must be quite young. You obviously believe only the majority have a right to be heard and that the minority must be silenced at all costs.
Never mind little fella, you will come to understand the workings of the world one day. But for starters look up the word "Democracy" and see what it says.
Hang in there you will get there one day.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: