Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rallying Your Support

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:25 am
Post subject: Rallying Your SupportReply with quote

The only game on chaneel 10 this eekend not to be shown live in Brisbane and Sydney is the Collingwood v Port game...instead they are showing a b grade movie that they say will rate better in our states..so I am asking for everyones help....regardless of whether you live in NSW or QLD, I am asking everyone to ring up chanel ten in sydney and the AFL to have this changed.....

Come on people..spread the word......It is about time that we have our way here, in brisbane they get bigger crowds at lions games than they do broncos...then they have the hide to tell us that queenslanders are not interested in australian rulkes football..and this game directly effects the lions game, so you would think that it would cause some interest....

PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE jump on the bandwagon with me for this one.

PUBLIC OPINION DOES COUNT.......lets see if we can jam thier switchboards and make our voice heard!!!!

Channel 10 Sydney - 02-9650-1010
AFL - 03-9643-1999

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Northern Pie - I've rung already, and they have "noted my complaint" but say it will only be on 10:30pm...

"Grinners are Winners.."
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:46 am

Here is the deal...you have to get past the front office...ask to speak to the sports department or programming, if they don't do that then ask to speak to the manager....don't just rest with the secretary...they are full of it, the compliants do not get logged and they lie as well...they told me that the AFL & Channel 10 get together and decide when the footy will be telvised and where....when i rang the afl they told me that they had nothing to do with it and said they would never want the game to go to air at 10:30 when they are trying to promote the football in NSW & QLD and that the agreement was that channel 10 would televise all finals games live and nothing wa ssaid about geographics int that agreement.....COME ON LETS HIT IT HOME...PUT THEM BACK IN THEIR PLACE!!!!!and get the FOOTY ON LIVE!!!! post my messages to boards..ring your friends...hell ring eddie...lets get this going..make it the biggest campaign in the history of football.....WE WILL TAKE IT NO LONGER, FOOTBALL IS A NATIONAL GAME AND THE MOST WATCHED FOOTBALL CODE IN ALL OF AUSTRALIA!!!!

NO MORE, NO MORE!!!!!!

Cheers

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:53 am

The same in Cairns. Footy is on at 10.30 here. I rang the local Channel 10 station and was advised by the General Manager that the decision is made in Brisbane and affects all the network. The offical reason is that AFL does not rate. GARBAGE. It only doesn't rate because no one has tried in on free to air at a reasonable hour. I was also told that he can't sell advertising for the footy as the first question he is asked is "what time is it on?"

The only night game we get live on free to air is the Brisbane game.

It was exactly the same here when Channel 7 had the rights and before pay TV - we used to get the replay of the Friday nights games at 11.30 - after some crappy movie.

AFL is the fastest growing sport in Far North Qld so why doesn't the AFL use its muscle to insist it is shown at an hour when most people can watch it - especially the kids.

All we can do it avoid all radio, etc and sit down to watch the game at 10.30.

Rang the AFL - basically don't care.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:02 am

More lies 2....I was told the decision is made in sydney not Brisbane and the AFL told me that the agreement was for all games in the finals to be shown live...as i understand it, the changes were supposed to be better for football lovers interstate....so who cares what channel 7 did...all they are saying there is that they believe channel 7's product is the same....we have to catch out the lies.....another thing i was told was that according to their research that the friday night movei rated better than the coverage of the afl....how can they gauge that when the movie never, ever ran in competition with the afl coverage on a Friday night..then they told me...yeah but we compared it to the saturday night coverage....well the only time we got footy on a saturday night was when brisbane was playing, so that would have outrated any other program that tghey would have put on in Brisbane anyway....they just lie..it is crap...someone has to come forward and be honest....then i was told well Queensland and NSW are rugby watchers and don't care about the AFL..thei told her the crowd figures for one match Brisbane Lions V Essendon at the Gabba was higher than the combined total of crowd figures for each RUGBY LEAGUE GAM PLAYED THE SAME WEEKEND!!!!! so don't tell me that we are not interested.....then she said well it seems you have a n answer for everything!!!! SO KEEP IT GOING....if the AFL does not seem interested...LET'S MAKE THEM INTERESTED!!!! OUR VICE NEEDS TO BE HEARD!!!!!

Cheers

Millane42 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:47 am

Here is a copy of what I e-mailed to the AFL and the Media@afl.com.au:

Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Friday night 6 Sept 2002.

Could someone please tell me why the Collingwood vs Port Adelaide game on friday night 6 September 2002, is not scheduled to be live into Sydney, Brisbane and other areas of NSW and QLD? I was lead to believe the main reason for the AFL to change broadcasters from Channel 7 to Channel 9, 10 and FOX was to PROMOTE the game of AFL in NSW and QLD. If this is so, why show a delayed telecast at 10:30pm or whenever the 'B-grade' movie, plus news bulletins finishes?(hoping they don't give away the score as the game has already been played!)

All the kids and junior players have gone to bed, AFL fans and in particular Port and Collingwood fans living in NSW and QLD have to wait until the game is over and then sit up until late at night to barrack for their team. After ringing Channel 10, the person i spoke to had 'noted my complaint', but the game remains at 10:30pm.

If the ratings argument is used by Channel 10, that a B-grade movie outrates the AFL, then AFL will never be given the chance to take the mantle of the Number 1 Football Code in Australia. How do they know it will not rate? The game on friday night is between the team who finished 1st, playing the team who finished 4th. A great contest on paper, not to mention that both are heavily supported magpie clubs THROUGHOUT AUSTRALIA, not just Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia. NSW has the largest population, yet AFL fans up here still get treated like 2nd class citizens.

As Channel 10 continue to promote that: "The finals are exclusive to Channel 10", are we meant to be grateful? It is a discrace that in the year 2002, we are unable to watch a simple broadcast free-to-air and live.

Let's see if we get a response.

"Grinners are Winners.."
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:48 am

We got the same stopry here in Sydney..
I contacted them this morning,the sport department said that we are lucky to be seeing it at all at 10:30pm as the game is a waste of space.....seems that last year we got the same attitude from Ch 7,and yet their sports department were full fo NRL supporters....Who runs the Ch 10 sports department.I always thought that Tim Wesbster had a bit of grunt here,but its obvious that he dosent.
Unfortunately the AFL and Telstra have a big say in what is shown and whats not......here we go again theres that word Telstra again.
I will keep preserising them,but I dont think that it will be worth it.
Try emailing the AFL site and give them a bit of surry as well.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:10 am

I have also emailed the AFL. Let's see if we get an answer.

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 8:15 am

Who did you talk to in the sports department Peter, because i was told that everyone was at lunch and the boss was at home sick....all these lies!!!!!!!!!.....why should we have to put up with it..and especailly why does the AFL stand for it....Come on Eddie, i know you come to this board...this has got some merrit for it to be made public on the footy show...it is no longer a case that we are missing out on finals action live...it is also a case of just how many lies will be told to cover there own butts.....we arer sick of the lies!!!! we want footy on live here in NSW & QLD...this is something i will not stop at.....right here, right now i commit to all that i will organise petitions..rally's whatever it takes to get channel nine and TEn putting this countries most watched code of football on where it belongs!!!! LIVE, throughout all of Australia......if you ask me Rugby League is a waste of space on television as well!!!

cheers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:48 am

Just checked the TV book to see what monumental shows Channel 10 was putting on instead of live footy.

Instead of seeing the pies kick arse we will have the delight of watching "Au Pair" a movie starring Gregory Harrison (who?)

Even the Saturday night game is not live - it starts here at 9.30. The movie on is "The Phanton" with Billy Zane (at least I know who he is).

Pathetic isn't it!!!!!!!

Let's keep up the pressure. We have neighbours who are Port supporters and they are getting onto the AFL etc.

Did anyone see Williams last night on the Fox Footy Show - cocky or what.

Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:22 am

Its not live into WA either.
Its said to be on at 7.30pm which is better than your lot but still not live.!!!
anyway hope it all goes well for all of you im now off to 5 days in kalgoorlie without a computer so ill pop in when i return,put in a belated match report and read the good or bad news stories
GOPIES

perth pieman 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:28 am

Good luck getting a reply from the AFL !! I have sent them about 6 emails this year about various matters, and I have not had the decency of one reply. I honestly dont think they care about the average footy follower, let alone take any notice of their comments. I think they have become too arrogant for the good of footy.

Peejay
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:13 am

Northern Pie....I have no idea who it was,but I know that the attitude from these people is of contempt.The Bloke I spoke too told be that I should follow a deceint footy game,and when I said that I did,se recons another one,and I said....oh you mean tddly winks.
The attitude of this sports dept is contempt.Channel 10 are trying to push AFL,but is seems that the sport dept have other ideas.
What are they goona do on G/F day if its PIES and Bris to play off for the flag.....delay the start for 1 hour....I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Get Smart 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:43 am

Emailed the AFL last night.
Still no response.
They don't care.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:50 am

Good effort everyone, maybe they won't change this year or next year, but THEY WILL CHANGE - look back 10 years ago, we didn't have talking footy, footy show, brownlow, friday or saturday night games. Now we have all the above plus 24 hour AFL channel. Change will come the more we scream and kick up a fuss. Keep up the good work against the fascist pigs in TV land.

"Grinners are Winners.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: