Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Three Big recruits for the Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The OX 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 7:38 am
Post subject: Three Big recruits for the PiesReply with quote

Here's an idea to get three big names to the Pies.

Burns to Adelaide for 1st round pick
Betheras to Freo for 2nd round pick
Both picks on traded to Richmond for Ben Holland

Licuria and Johnson to Hawthorn for Croad

Presti and Freeborn to Carlton for Mark Porter

Our 2002 team would look something like this:

B: Wakelin, Holland, Richo
HB: Clement, Croad, Kinnear
C: Lonie, O'Bree, L.Davis
HF: N.Davis, Fraser, Tarrant
F: Molloy, Rocca, B.Holland

R: Porter, Buckley, Lockyer
I: Rintoul, Steinfort, Cloke, Didak

E: Adkins, Scotland.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I
think this would be great for us and the
other teams mentioned.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree strongly. I would never trade SSB to another club. He is the hard and soul of our club.

Here is my trade list

Dimmatina for a months supply of the HeraLD sUN

I would try and bring through Didak and Rhyce Shaw etc etc

JLC

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:15 am

Stop bagging dimma JLC.

DONT BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT...sean connery...the untouchables !!...DARREN MILLANE SIMPLY THE BEST...BETTER THAN ALL THE REST #42..GO OUR GLORIOUS BLACK AND WHITE MAGPIES FOR EVER UNTIL DEATH!!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 9:30 am

We don't need Holland and Croad - unless you think Wakelin and Richo are gone next year, Kinnear can't play and Cloak isn't up to scratch yet.

One of those scenerios may be true, so let's go for one of them.

Your backline is too slow - Clement is the fastest player there!! Get Burns back there, Lonie off the half hack line, run Shaw form the back pocket.

Presti is highly underated, and better than holland at full back.

So basically you're swapping Johnson and Licca for Croad. This seems fair since oyu have to swap good players (ie. Licca) to get good, and we've got heaps of young small guys, who are also good. As long as Licca isn't underated by Hawthorn, that's a nice swap.

I don't hink we can get Porter without trading Presti, and I'm no tprepared to do that, so we dont want him. Trade Betheras and Lane to Sydney, For Stafford and a 2nd ruond draft pick.

Stafford can ruck, drift forwards, hold down CHF is Rocca isn't, and wont mind rucking fomr the bench when Fraser is on fire and our current forward line is kicking but.

If we got Stafford and Croad, we would be doing very well. I think

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
The OX 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 10:35 am

First of all I don't think Wakelin and Richo are gone for next year, I do however think that they aren't real good Key position players. Shaw, your kidding, he has by no means proved himself able to do anything yet, never mind hold down a position in the backline permanently, he has to get a permanent senior game first. O.K Lonie back to backline. What I said about Shaw can also relate to Kinnear, but at least he has looked capable at times, and seems once again like he has turned the corner. On Presti I do agree with you, I think he may be under rated but my belief is that Holland is a bit better, and to get that slight improvement in the side you have to give, but we will give Presti the benefit of the doubt. I don't know whether you were getting a beer everytime Lane touched the ball, but I'll be surprised to get a trade with the Sacred Hearts football club for him, he is dreadful with a capital D. Stafford, I like your thoughts there and it could be good. So how about this:

B: Wakelin, Presti, Richo
HB:Clement, Croad, Lonie
C: Black, O'Bree, L.Davis
HF:N.Davis, Fraser, Tarrant
F: Molloy, Rocca, Holland

R: Stafford, Buckley, Lockyer
I: Kinnear, Rintoul, Steinfort, Didak

E: Cloke, Adkins

How??

Scott Burns for Adelaides 1st round draft pick
Adelaides 1st Round draft pick and Betho for Black
Trent Croad from Hawthorn for Licka and Johnson
Stafford for Scotland, Freeborn and our 2nd round pick

MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 11:44 am

If Freeborne is traded I will not loose any sleep - leave it at that. If Burns get traded I will find out where JLC lives and we will both go down to Eddie's new joint with a box of matches (just kiddin' Ed.).

I'm with you JLC - Burns is a gun. More to the point, he plays in a manner despirately need by our young side. Hard and flat out. He is a respected leader - one of a few only at the club at this stage. He will be our biggest "recruit" next season if he can stay fit.

In any case, at his age, it is unlikely anyone would give up their 1st pick for Scott Burns.

@shLicuria 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:50 pm

OMG

CAN U GET OFF LICAS BACK

JESUS!

and as for BROWN26
my benny kinnear kicks arse, and they wouldn't of signed him for another 2 yrs, if he.. as u so nicely put it "can't play"

Luv da 1 da getting tired of this utta crap da @sh Licuria

PS can we just let judkins to his job?

[This message has been edited by @shLicuria (edited 03 October 2001).]
Woodsman 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 2:38 pm

From all accounts it appears that Carlscum in the front runners for McKernan.

If this is the case than they would have Allan, Porter and McKernan. Three is a crowd they say.

I hope that the club are having a real dip at Porter. He seems to be the type of player that would be a real asset. We could then leave McKee as a back up and groom Fraser as a CHF. I think that Porter could be achieved without the price tags of some others being mentioned around the traps.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 4:31 pm

Im not bagging Dimma, Joffa i merely think the Herald Sun is very underated. The thing i cant believe is that we will let Scotland go a guy with silky skills and talent and yet we keep Dimattina. If we want a tagger we should use Steinfort and Freeborn, even Licuria has done a couple effective tagging jobs this year.

EVERYONE IS A COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTER ITS JUST THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE IN DENIAL
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 6:45 pm

It seems to me that some folk here are making an assumption...that our guys are as good as they will get.

I'm convinced that EACH and EVERY one of them is going to get better next year.

So don't go trading our backbone for *big* names who will soon be sliding down the slippery slalom slopes.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 2:56 am

Ahh see that's a rhetorical question - DO YOU think richo and Wakelin are gone? DO YOU think Kinnear can't play, DO YOU think Cloak isn't up to scratch?

The answer - Richo will stay for a few years, Wakelin wont. he's getting on a bit and will go out on a high. Anyway, it'd be nice to allow Richo to be the 3rd tall and play off the half back line a bit.

Kinnear CAN play, but not yet, big guys always take a bit longer than others to mature, but he deserves a spot in the senior team. Cloak isn't ready for a key position. he's big,m he's strong, he's good, but he needs the confidence of beating a lesser, ie. 3rd string tall, opponenet a few times before we chuck him in at CHB.

So, this year we need a tall back for depth, injuries etc. We need another next year or two when Wakelin goes, and another in a few years when Richo retires (as the deputy VC of a premiership team).

So, get Craod, for next year, have kinnear for 2003, and cloak for 2004/5. brilliant.

How to get them. where does Collingwood ahve strength? midfield.
So trade for him. sorry @shLicuria, someone decent has to go. Hawks want a top four pick or a good midfielder for him. so it has to be Locks, Licca, OBree, etc. you tell me who is most likely. throw another player in to sweeten the deal if you want - we've got heaps of them and frankly it's disrespecful to play them in the reserves when they could get a game in the seniors.

A team needs to be able to reward it's players with rotations into the seniors. Didak, Cloak, Kinnear all deserve games in the seniors this year, as do wasley and shaw if they're good enough. If they aren't, or if they aren't going to get a game - trade them. for the players sake.

Rocca is a CHF not FF, Tarrant is a great FF, leave the poor kid there. let Rocca get some confidence at CHF, put L. Davis in the pocket where he's most damaging, and you've got a wing spot for ben johnson, adkins, wasly, shaw, whoever steps up. lockyer isn't a rover btw but didak will be, but OBree on the ball and lockyer in the centre will be good.

Finally - Black and Lonie on the HBF would give us great run out of defence. Rintoul is a wingman - good quality - so put black back on the flank, rintoul on the wing, wakelin / richo / croad/ clement / cloak on the bench depending on match ups.

if you have to trade burns to get black though - don't. in a team with little experience, you don't trade your VC. If all we pick up is Stafford and Croad we'd be doing very well indeed.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:20 pm

OH MY GOD! this guy wanted to get rid of Licuria, Johnson, Presti, Burns, Betheras and Freeborn!
Thankgod nobody listened to you buddy! hahahaha!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*Sorry, i cant help bringing up old topics that make the people look stupid now! Good on ya Joffa! He stuck up for dimma then and still does now!*

*~Alyssa's song of the week~*
"You know the last plane out of Sydney's almost gone, Only seven flying hours, and I'll be landing in Hong Kong, There ain't nothing like the kisses, From a jaded Chinese princess, I'm gonna hit some Hong Kong mattress all night long! *Khe Sanh-Cold Chisel*"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 1:24 pm

Thanks for repaying my faith in you Scotty....you are all class

knowahhhimeannnnnnnn

BIG PUNTA DA HEAD HUNTA
OWEN 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:13 pm

Lica will win the copeland again this year.

Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:37 pm

"Here's an idea to get three big names to the Pies.
Burns to Adelaide for 1st round pick
Betheras to Freo for 2nd round pick
Both picks on traded to Richmond for Ben Holland

Licuria and Johnson to Hawthorn for Croad

Presti and Freeborn to Carlton for Mark Porter

Our 2002 team would look something like this:

B: Wakelin, Holland, Richo
HB: Clement, Croad, Kinnear
C: Lonie, O'Bree, L.Davis
HF: N.Davis, Fraser, Tarrant
F: Molloy, Rocca, B.Holland

R: Porter, Buckley, Lockyer
I: Rintoul, Steinfort, Cloke, Didak

E: Adkins, Scotland.

Now I don't know about you guys, but I
think this would be great for us and the
other teams mentioned."

aboce is what the OX said

i offical hate everything u said!!! man we will not give up the best tagger in the afl for Croad!! man how stupid r u!!!
i dont like what u said it sucks!!
& im annoyed!!!:@:@:@:@

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: