Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football Signed by te 1982 Team

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Swap and Sell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:54 am
Post subject: Football Signed by te 1982 TeamReply with quote

I've got a football which I believe is signed by the 1982 team which I'm trying to get a value on. I was living in Newcastle at the time and was visiting family in Melbourne. My uncle is a PE teacher in Melbourne and had associations with some of the VFL clubs. One of his friends was football manager at the time at Collingwood and he gave me the football and a poster. Hence why I am a Collingwood fan now. I moved to Melbourne last year, and while my interest in the Pies was more in passing living in Newcastle, not my support is full-blown and I'm addicted to AFL. Anyway, the ball has the following signatures I can make out:

Peter Daicos
Tony Shaw
Mark Williams
Stan Magro
Graeme Teasedale
Allan Edwards
Noel Lovell
Craig Stewart
Craig Davis
John Annear
Ricky Barham
Michael Taylor
Ian Cooper
Ray Byrne
Mark Weideman
Bob Rose

What do you guys think it might be worth in value?
Not really planning on selling it as I plan to remain a Pies supporter and bring my future children up as Magpies.

Cheers,

WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Post subject: Re: Football Signed by te 1982 TeamReply with quote

didick wrote:
I've got a football which I believe is signed by the 1982 team which I'm trying to get a value on. I was living in Newcastle at the time and was visiting family in Melbourne. My uncle is a PE teacher in Melbourne and had associations with some of the VFL clubs. One of his friends was football manager at the time at Collingwood and he gave me the football and a poster. Hence why I am a Collingwood fan now. I moved to Melbourne last year, and while my interest in the Pies was more in passing living in Newcastle, not my support is full-blown and I'm addicted to AFL. Anyway, the ball has the following signatures I can make out:

Peter Daicos
Tony Shaw
Mark Williams
Stan Magro
Graeme Teasedale
Allan Edwards
Noel Lovell
Craig Stewart
Craig Davis
John Annear
Ricky Barham
Michael Taylor
Ian Cooper
Ray Byrne
Mark Weideman
Bob Rose

What do you guys think it might be worth in value?
Not really planning on selling it as I plan to remain a Pies supporter and bring my future children up as Magpies.

Cheers,

Id be holding onto it,rare and maybe worth alot,But in saying that what sort of football is it,and what condition is it in?

Bob rose is rare,and just to have the likes of daicos and shaw in there early stages is rare,as peter daicos signature changed styles over the years,so if its signed peter daicos 35 keep it,cos now he signs p,daicos

If you can put a photo up or email me 1,i can give you a ruff idea.

DAICOS MAGIC 35
VINTAGE DARREN MILLANE 42
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Witty.
I'll try and get a photo up in the next day or so.
I don't the ball itself is a great one. It's a Lyrebird Match II Torpedo School. I have no idea what the VFL used back then. Maybe this was a training ball. It's in pretty good nick and all the signatures are very clear. The ball has pretty much been in storage since around 1982!!

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Swap and Sell All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: