Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 10: Collinwood v Werribee

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Up wrote:
rocca needs another week in the vfl. medders done enough to get a call up next for afl.

Rocca needs to kick a bag of 4-5 goals three weeks in a row before he should even be considered.
PraiseMillane Aries

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:01 pm

Judging by the useful commentary provided by you people(i refuse to use the word men), it just goes to show how little bloggers know about the actual game of football.

Bunch of couch potatoes making calls on grown man putting their bodies on the line in disgusting conditions.
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:03 pm

PraiseMillane wrote:
Judging by the useful commentary provided by you people(i refuse to use the word men), it just goes to show how little bloggers know about the actual game of football.

Bunch of couch potatoes making calls on grown man putting their bodies on the line in disgusting conditions.

Dickhead
Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:06 pm

I reckon both Medders & Rocca need at least another week in the VFL.

I thought in general play Dyas was pretty good, but his kick ins were awful.

MacAffer was good until he got injured

Cook, Stanley & Corrie just don't have what it takes.

I agree though, most of the side looked like they expected to win & were waiting for everyone else to do the hard work. A real lack of intensity & interest. Waiting for the ball instead of attacking it. Very disappointing, particularly following last week's game.

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Heater_39 wrote:
PraiseMillane wrote:

Dickhead

You are being too polite Smile

DT 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Where do people think Reid is at? Can he make it?
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:17 pm

DT wrote:
Where do people think Reid is at? Can he make it?

I hope he can, we have invested heavily in him. I didn't think he was too bad today. Another young key back would be great for when Presti retires. Fingers crossed he can make the cut.
Daicos Mullets 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Reid was ok today, I think he can develop into a key back for us.

3RRR

The Pies are back at Vic Park!
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:36 pm

Not a pretty effort. What alarms me the most is the overuse of the ball. We seem to lack smart footballers. Blair is hard at it and makes smart decisions time after time. Others seem to lack the ability to play to the game plan.

As with the seniors if you don't have players who can execute the game plan you will struggle. Today we had to my count at least 7 190cm plus footballers yet we went via the wings again. Thompson leads up the middle and gets rewarded.

I have great faith in Rowdy as a developer of young players and I was impressed by several of them today (Reed looks like a good find). I must admit though that I struggled to see much system in our play. When we were great we were ok but when we were ordinary we were awful.

Just some other observations. With Dyas, who was good other than this, why continue to have him kick out after 3 mistakes. Rightfully the commentators were saying we couldn't clear the zone yet Dyas can't cover 40m. Why not throw Bryan back for a kick out or two just to break it up.

Dawes looks better roaming than at CHF but with the delivery today Reiwoldt would have looked ordinary.

Reid seems to read the game well and I think he will be ok long term.

On todays game Blight has to be the next to crack a seniors game. Tony Francis anyone?

In the end I honestly don't think we were that serious. No Pevrill etc who have been regularly in our best. The VFL is all about development and today we saw the down side of that.
Big Dan 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:10 pm

When was the last time a professional group of players had to endure a ground in as bad a shape as today? It would have had more an influence that what you think. There is no AFL side, bar the Kangaroos & Melbourne, that would train, let alone play regularly on such a surface. For mine, it looked as if the club, and the players, were more concerned about preservation than winning.

Face facts, did anybody honestly expect Medhurst, Rocca & Rusling to make a meaningful contribution? These guys are still in rehab; still working their fitness levels back up to a competitive level. These guys go in, and the side is really playing with 19 men for a quarter, maybe even a half.

How come nobody was carrying on last week, or the week before that? The game plan was the same, the same players given the same roles as today - you win some, you lose some.

If this is the heat over the VFL side, you guys better call a therapist when you watch the seniors.
PraiseMillane Aries

Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:12 pm

[quote="Big Dan"]When was the last time a professional group of players had to endure a ground in as bad a shape as today? It would have had more an influence that what you think. There is no AFL side, bar the Kangaroos & Melbourne, that would train, let alone play regularly on such a surface. For mine, it looked as if the club, and the players, were more concerned about preservation than winning.

Face facts, did anybody honestly expect Medhurst, Rocca & Rusling to make a meaningful contribution? These guys are still in rehab; still working their fitness levels back up to a competitive level. These guys go in, and the side is really playing with 19 men for a quarter, maybe even a half.

How come nobody was carrying on last week, or the week before that? The game plan was the same, the same players given the same roles as today - you win some, you lose some.

If this is the heat over the VFL side, you guys better call a therapist when you watch the seniors.[/quote]

Ditto. Finally someone with some sense on here.

Nathan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:33 pm

I thought dawes was lively, i know not a lot of gaols, but was in a lot fo the play.

corrie just not good enough.

Rocca looked and played like a hack. He is a long way off.

Medhurst wil probably go str8 back in AFL, but didnt do much today, altho there were a couple of sparks.

mcaffer was good, beamsy pretty good, wood was ok in parts, barham was ferocious at the ball but let himself down with his kicking. It is awful. But they do lack urgency.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
Madmac 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Francis & Blair need to be elevates ASAP. Blair is a cut above Stanley & Cook. Barham needs to hit a target otherwise he's the new McGough
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:52 pm

why johnson didn't play is beyond me. the "stink" had 23 players playing for them today and we had 22 players playing. surely the magpies could of played him.

but then again imagine johnson, braham and dyas in the same side today. how many turnovers you reckon they would of tallyed up.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:23 pm

My take on it:
Werribee wanted it much more than us. We looked complacent. But this side is about development and the conditions were quite bad so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Rocca: just a run, looks keen but quite rusty. I haven't given up on him yet. Don't judge him by today's game. Must have gone off ten times.

Medhurst: a jog in the park. The standard of the disposal and the conditions just don't seem to suit a class player like him. He usually needs 2 to 3 weeks to work up some form.

Rusling: went off with a'groin' injury after paying at Fullback I think. Poor guy!

Best were hard to pick:

McCaffer till injured in third qtr was prolific and disposal was clean and classy.

Blair quieter than last few weeks, but fast, tough in the tackles, crisp disposals and good at extraction- everything we need! This guy will make it I reckon and soon.

Stanley looked a class above but still runs off and gets caught. Will he ever learn? Still prob BOG.

Beams was a bit quiet but he is all class as we've seen.

Wood didn't do much in the hit outs but sat in the square and kicked two nice goals. This guy can take a really strong grab and hope he can get his head right as he's got the ability.

Goldsack, a good game. Looks like he's getting back to the old Goldy. May be a smokey to come in for a role on O'Loughlin.

Francis: first time I've seen him properly. Really liked what I saw. A real hard, tough nut and quick. High hopes for him to move on to the list.

Blight: really didn't see him much but didn't do too much wrong.

Barham: the usual desperation, pace and tackling but have must had 40% efficiency. Was he really playing for Werribee in disguise?

Dyas: apart from 3 terrible kickouts looked good. I was quite impressed.

Reed: didn't notice him much.

Reid: quite good, but doesn't take enough marks for mine and tends to go to ground too often. But very agile and is good at ground level. May still be two years from being strong enough for a KP. A few shanks again today.

Dawes: got a lot of it but played way up the ground. Needs to be more a target in the corridor to kick more goals. I think the coaches still have Rocca ahead of him for FF at this stage. But he did have a good game.

Thoolen: probably got slighty beaten by Thompson but played close and has developed a good build. Once again not many disposals.

Cook: one of the worst. Cookys gone backwards I think.

Rounds: fairly quiet. Looked okay.

Corrie: played okay but tried to do too much a couple times as is a habit.

Bryan: still doesn't look like a ruckman nor a pure forward. Played all day in the forward line and did okay. But he's going have to kick regular bags at this level to be considered before Anthony, Cloke, Rocca and Dawes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8   

Jump to: