Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

match report

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 12:15 pm
Post subject: match reportReply with quote

At first i wasnt sure if MM was concerned about this result,seeing our position and some of the position moves and team changes he made.
but we sat backed and watched hoping for a GOOD SHOWING.

GAME ON
Well before you could say theres a new car to win ,Leon had made his 62nd attempt for the season at mark of the year,and as usual he didnt mark it and nobody from the pies was crumbing.
that was the story of the first qtr in a nutshell.
it was a game of loose men and a shootout.
This plan suited the dogs more than us as their skills are far superior and they seem to run faster and more often.
there is no shame being beaten by them as they are a very talented side and if coached properly all year would have been top 4 themselves.
darcy won all day in the ruck but i thought mckee did well around the ground.
and for heavens sake can someone explain why with all the scragging and holding in ruck contests these days that go unnoticed they pinged mckee 3 times in crucial periods of the game?
i thought that MCG and freeza during the day showed that they should be rested for the first final.
MCGs disposal was lamentable and Johnno did his best but spoiled a lot of it with turnovers.
In fact i have never seen us kick to a dog so often in my life.
the one constant was the forward set up.
shithouse.!!!!!!!!!1
the time we fought back and all of a sudden looked like bolting in,just into the 3rd qtr we were playing man on man,and clearly were best team in that scenario.
So MM then allowed chris grant to become loose man in defence and after that the game was lost.
the fact that MM didnt bother changing the system either tells me he is an idiot,or he didnt care.
The big plus for us was the return of Molloy .
he will not play at Willi again and will be in at least 2 finals for us and will be good value.
brodie,,presti,freeza got taken to the cleaners.
the last qtr was just a goaladogathon with nil resistance.
As previously stated i didnt think MM could be worried as he didnt make moves to cover grant in the forward line but the tv panned to him after the siren and he put his head in his hands in a look of resignation that this team has gone as far as it can this year.
We cant give up yet!!!
we play port next week in adelaide
and more than likely if we lose that come up against the winner of essendon v melbourne at the MCG.
I thought Tarrant was good for the first half and then went to sleep or it may have been the delivery that didnt help,and Mms persistance on a non winning formula.
In the last qtr i think it was johnno that just blazed awa y at goal and kicked to an unmanned dog in the square,
where was tarrant?he was leading and ignored.
But the bottom line is we are in a qualy final against port and we cant win the way we were structured today so the blokes on half a million a yaer have to earn their dough and come up with a winning plan
MAN ON MAN
thats a hint fellas.
good luck boys in the next few weeks
We all know that the team will be all the better for finals experience next year.
And for KKEEEEERISTS SAKE CAN SOMEONE BUY LEON A BLLOOOODY NEW CAR THIS WEEK.
he is our best crumber and wont crumb while 6 ft in the air with his opponent on the ground.

votes
2 licka
2 scotland 2 mckee 1 clement 1 tarrant(half a game) 1 molloy 1 fraser

Now the all important inaugural Nicks Messageboard B&F from a tv set 3000km away final standings are...
28 Paul Licuria
20 Nathan Buckley
14 Scott Burns,Anthony Rocca
13 Jason Cloke
10 Steve Mckee
9 Tarkyn Lockyer
8 James Clement,Mark Mcgeough.
7 Glenn freeborn,Chris Tarrant,Josh Fraser.
6 Leon Davis,Shane Wakelin.
5 Simon Prestigiacomo ,Ben Johnson,Heath Scotland.
4 Brodie Holland
3 Alan Didak
2 Rupert Betheras,Mark Richardson,Nick Davis,Carl Steinfort,
Ryan Lonie,Damien Adkins.
1 Scott Cummings,Jarrod Molloy

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if MM will take the handbrake off next week ... or will he wait till week 2. This has been the most patient ride since Jim Cassidy on Kiwi in 1983.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: