Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SNAP OUT OF IT!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:34 am
Post subject: SNAP OUT OF IT!!Reply with quote

Magpies, enough is enough! we are marching into the finlas for the 1st in a long time, our club is sitting 4th on the ladder(tell me you wouldn't be happy about that at the start of the year), with the aint's and the bogs to go and what is every one doing?? fighting and arguing like a bunch of bitchscum supporters!.
You have taken your eye off the ball, you have flinched in the face of success, it's time to take a good hard look at yourselves!. In the last week we have seen some of the most dissapointing posts it has been my misfortune to have read on this BB, Why?.
We are going to see September action and all you can talk about is who should be traded, which player sucks, this ones a hack, that ones a hack, I'll not be a member if carey comes, we even got personal with each other and we have witnessed some fine dummy spitting. It's time to SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!.
I have had one of the most enjoyable seasons in a long time, we haven't won this many games for years and I'll not sit quietly by and read all this crap without saying that you guys are disapoiniting.
This is not 1999, It's 2002 and we are going into the finals, put the knives away and get out the Black'n'White face paint, it's time to go to war with the other low life clubs! not each other!
BRING IT ON!
THE PREMIERSHIP"S A CAKE WALK, FOR THE GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD!!!!!
C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpiemad my sentiments exactly. Stop bagging individuals the team collectively is down.

I know there's a lot of ifs in this statement, but all we need to do is recapture some of that early season form. As far as I'm concerned we were the best team going around half way thru this season. Let the others think we are gone, that we peaked early, that our young players are feeling it now, that the teams to watch are the current top three, that the "sleeping giant" has awoken. The fact is the past six-seven weeks has seen some poor form yet we are still 4th! This season isn't over yet! Look out!

Go Pies!
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:15 am

greg miller(ex head of kangas) made a good point on talking footy the other night. opportunities such as the one collingwood has right now dont come around very often. we are a young side with no finals experience who have struggled for 2 months - yet we are still just one win away from ending top 4 and a double chance. perhaps the kids dont realise how big this chance is. tarks was on melbourne radio tuesday morning saying the finals will be good experience for the club. agreed. but why look at it like that? sounds as if even a straight sets exit from this years finals will simply stand us in good stead for future attempts. wrong attitude. seize the incredible opportunity we have - there will be few other seasons for this group of players where there is no real standout team, seemingly destined to win the flag regardless. brissy and port are of course probably a rung above us and all others but we have beaten brissy and got within a kick of port at moron park. we have nothing to be afraid of. we need to rediscover the energetic, enthusiastic run we had early to mid season. seems the guys have become hesitant in doing what has got us to this position in the first place. get back to it. run sides ragged. MM needs to instill an almost 'carefree' attitude to the guys approach(im reluctant to use 'carefree' and MM in the same sentence but i mean he needs to give them licence to stream down field to help provide options without fear of being persecuted should our disposal let us down and the ball be turned over to our immediate opponent). it seemed this was the way of rounds 1-10 or so. where has it gone?

[This message has been edited by ramjet21 (edited 22 August 2002).]
Millane42 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:40 am

well said Ramjet - Carpe Diem Baby - Seize the friggin' Day!

"Grinners are Winners.."
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:18 am

I totally agree Magpie Mad.
This has been a GREAT season....all the knockers are living in the past.
This is the year of the PIES.....and WE WILL WIN THE FLAG!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:17 am

Our year definitely isn't over yet - bring on the finals! I'm walking on air just thinking about playing September football after such a long and agonizing wait! And the most exciting thing is that regardless of this years result, we have a team that is still on the improve - our boys are headed for bigger and better things - no doubt about it!

GO PIES!
Marg

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:47 am

Defintely agree Magpiemad. Has a little success gone to the supporters heads. How could you go through a bad patch with your team, like we all have, and turn around and get supercritical once things start to pick up. It is one of the many incomprehensible aspects of footy.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:28 am

this is my first reply in months but i gotta say it-

we have more in common with richmond supporters than i thought- Tarrant's abuse the last 3 weeks has proven that.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:47 am

Welcome back Scotty and well said. Perhaps we live in glass houses ourselves and shouldnt be throwing stones. Tarrants abuse has been very unfair.

Yo.. never was a thug, just infatuated with guns
Never was agangsta, 'til I graduated to one
Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:52 am

The PIES have done betta then i excepted so who cares if we dont end up in the grand final we get two chances more then we did the last few seasons!!

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:59 am

FANTASTIC POSTs RAMJET AND MAGPIEMAD!!!

Let's deliver a finals campaign that we shall not forget. Take it upto them guys, and then take that step further and show them why we are a threat.

JDF
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:16 am

Top Call, Mad and others....we are in the finals, where the real season starts...its a whole new ball game, and I expect us to win win win. The boys will have a red hot go, just like they have done all year, and do us proud. some of us rarely get the chance to give the team support in person, those who do shouldnt be so blase about it! Go PIES!!!!

Afro-Orfa Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:03 am

Good stuff magpiemad ...

Those turning on our players need to find a new club ... Tigers are known to eat their own maybe they could join the yella streaks?

Our young team will get better with the finals experience ... perhaps next year we will the flag by more than 10 goals? rather than just the 5 goals we win the flag by this year !!!

We are the dark horses with no reputation or expectations it seems ... very dangerous given our quality match winners...

Go Pies!

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 9:07 am

I agree with most of this thread however we have a board here to, among other things, discuss whatever we think. If you really want to look at things positively then join my point of view on those bagging the players:

They (We) are passionate about our club and love it that much that when things don't go right it really gets to them. I love to see people upset about something when we lose. It means they really care.

Please let me put it into perspective. I live in WA where I have had the displeasure of meeting so many eagles followers, not supporters but followers, who decided that all of a sudden they liked motorsport last year when the eagles weren't doing well. Our "baggers" don't jump off the bandwagon, they release their stress in these forums and continue to love our club. Let's give everyone a fair go - players and supporters.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: