Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wallace quits as coach of Bulldogs???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed anthony. im always looking to win but in all honesty, a loss wont bother me this week PROVIDED we show a turn around in form from the last couple of weeks. all that matters now is finals - where we play will effectively be decided by brissy and port anyway as adelaide might just get up over the dockers i think.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:20 am

Same here Ramjet. Only stirring. Fair dinkum I'm on a high about this season it's been AWESOME. (We're changing the topic aren't we!)

Go Pies!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:54 am

(For anthony C) OMG! I swear that is one of the best songs i've ever heard in my life! I luv it! As well as all the other 25 hundred songs i love and all the songs by the Eagles! yay!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

"I'm so scared incase I fall off my chair, And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs, Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, Here I am stuck in the middle with you!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:17 pm

i agree with JLC i think he just wants a chance somewhere else cause he thinks he cant do nething with the dogs!

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 12:48 pm

I watched Wallace yesterday give his media conference and he said that he informed the club because he wanted to do the right thing by the players and supporters, letting them know that it would be his final match as coach. He tried to do it with a little bit of integrety and dignity I guess.
I now read today that that the Senior Bulldogs players and Smorgon have given him the flick and Rhode will coach the final game against us.
Sour Grapes perhaps??
I hope we flog them by 30 goals.... I don't agree with Wallace breaking his contract, but he's been there 15 years and they are behaving a little poorly...

There must be more to it than meets the eye...hmmmmmmm

BJ

The Surprising thing about young fools is how many of them survive to become old fools

[This message has been edited by BJ (edited 28 August 2002).]
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:28 pm

not letting him coach is the most ridiculous decision ive heard from just about any club. they'll either get flogged and be shown up as idiots or win and the club will have reinforced its image as a back to the wall club. at the end of the day, it makes no difference if wallace is there or not. what are they trying to prove? smorgon has shown himself as petty throughout this. wallace shouldve at least waited the extra week til their season was over(clearly he was on a bit of an ego trip, thinking the boys would send him off on a high surrounded by emotional supporters etc) but the bulldogs are in disaray. shame that.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:21 am

OVERHEARD IN A SUBURBAN FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT YESTERDAY

"I'm dumping you"

"NO - I am dumping YOU"

"But you can't - I dumped you first"

"Says who?"

"Well, it's in all the bloody newspapers!!!"

"Don't care. You're dumped. And give me back my footy, I'm going home to NOT cry about it"

Broadie
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:00 am

I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't wait one more week until the end of the season.
Ramjet21 you're probably right - he wanted to go out with accolades.
So much for that idea.
Pretty lousy of a coach to leave mid contract, even if he does have a better offer.
I don't blame the players for not wanting him to coach next week.
Imagine if Mick Malthouse did that to our boys!

Pants 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:29 am

It's later in the week khartoum, what do you know? Or are you just pretending to be in the know?
And if this is another one of those rumours about a coach sleeping with a players wife I'll throw up!!

We're here, we're there, we're every farking where, we're Collingwood COL-LING-WOOD!!

Murray 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:48 am

Here's what Jon Anderson (a journo with the Feral-Hun) had to say yesterday on 3AW.
Wallace and Grant were not getting on because Grant believed Wallace was deliberately playing him out of position, in an attempt to make him look bad, so that Wallace could trade him.
Could be true because it was Grant who was the spokesperson yesterday saying the players had sacked Wallace for the last game. (or maybe because he is Captain).

Only Collingwood people know what we feel - the rest will never understand.

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:57 am

You'd have thought they'd make the announcement of Terry Wallace's resignation on The Jerry Springer Show.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
The AFL Rant!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:14 am

Surely if you wanted to trade a player you wouldnt want to make the player look bad? Why would another club want the player if they look bad?
I would have thought he would have tried to bring out the best in Grant in order to increase his market value

JLC

Yo.. never was a thug, just infatuated with guns
Never was agangsta, 'til I graduated to one
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 7:41 am

Heard on Sky news Ch 34 today that apparently Wallace told a few of the players that they were useless and hopeless.....the story is that they went back to management and that is why he aint there this week.
I recon that it will assist the PIES and they should BOLT it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:17 am

I think the Bulldogs will come out fired up this week. The players went and asked for Wallace to step down and not coach the final game of the year. The players will have something to prove to their old coach in Wallace and to any prospective coaches. Some of the players probably realise that they are playing for their future as well. This is the perfect game for the Dogs their backs are up against the wall and they have something to prove.

Having said all that i still think the Pies will win as our players will be playing for their finals spot the following week.
Lets face facts we are a much better team than the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs are a middle of the road team. There are too few who have to do to much , whereas we have a more even workload.

JLC

You ain't gotta like me, you just mad, 'cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be
Broadie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2002 8:32 am

We can't be sanctimonious on the breaking a contract issue: MM broke his West Coast contract to come to us (still had a year left and asked to be released).

Besides, have a look at how many times CLUBS break coaches and players contracts to sack or trade them. What's the big deal?

Contracts in footy obviously have no real binding.

Broadie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: