Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thanks Guys, You're a Wonderful Bunch of People!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcgoughs_gurl 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

umm dont go ur cool we are all on edge mate stay

~**Mcgoughs_gurl**~
jk- i have come to the conclusion that i would like to marry McGough only thing is that i dont think he'd want me dammit! haha

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:11 pm

BW... ALL I CAN SAY IS DONT LEAVE MATE!

I THOUGHT I'D ADD CAPS JUST FOR YOU! (I KNOW U REALLY LOVE IT)

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!

"Chris Grant couldnt handle this, Barry couldnt handle this, Nieta couldnt handle this, i dont think they can handle this.... I dont think there ready for you Presti, I dont think there ready for you Presti... is our full back to Prestivicious for your forwards baby!!!"
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:33 pm

Hey Craig.... Please dont go .... we'll all miss ya!

Listen to Dr. Alf's advice...

BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:49 am

I use the terms "piss off" and "thuck off" to sometimes dismiss something someone has (stupidly, inanely) said. I do not mean for them to literally leave, just stop sprouting whatever they are sprouting. I think what I really mean is "thuck off with what you are saying".

For example, back in my uni days, I had organised a midweek function and over-catered a bit on the beer side (about 40 people for 4 18-gallon kegs). Later on that night, when my housemate was nagging me about the obvious effects that dividing 4 kegs into 40 people was having on a few of the people. I told him to "thuck off" (meaning "of course, I am doing something about it", but by that stage of the night it was easier just to say "thuck off"). To which my housemate proceeded to do (but not before handing over some keys).

The problem being, that not only was he my housemate, but he was also the Student Union president. And seeing as how it was such a small function, we had skimped on paying for a cleaner, to clean up and lock up the Student Union Building, and I had organised him to supervise us doing it. The keys he had left where the keys to the Union building.

Well to cut a long story short, besides a minor episode of a couple of lads playing ninja turtles with some chairs, and the fact we never did finish the last of the kegs, the real problem was once I announced that "anyone not helping clean up had to leave". You see no-one left, they all claimed they where going to help (but I think they meant finish the beer rather than help clean up). It took about 20 people, to half do in three hours, what one cleaner could have done properly in half an hour. I finally scraped the last of the punters into taxis around 4am and dropped them off myself, before proceeding on home, and passing out, for about 8 hours.

I had a terrible feeling when I woke up (and it was not just the hangover). But I showered and headed off to uni to face the music.

The people I saw initially just shook their heads upon sighting me. But it was not very long before I discovered that not only had we left the place looking (and smelling) like a brewery, but somehow a stairwell door was left unlocked In theory the building had been left open all night (I decided it would not be wise to openly point out that, as we had not left until four in the morning, and with the cleaners getting in at 6 or 7, it had only been open for a couple of hours, at most)

Of course, I apoligised profusely, and that was pretty much it. But I could not help holding my housemate partly to blame. So I marched into his and demanded to know why he had "thucked off". He said it was because I had told him to "thuck off". To which I replied, "Thuck off! I didn't mean for you to thuck off!"

Silly story really.

Craig, I can understand your confusion. But I am sure you can take Mike's word that he did not mean for you to literally "piss off". He meant it in another context.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J

[This message has been edited by Greg J (edited 21 August 2002).]
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:00 am

hahaha FUNNY story greg! good stuff.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:40 pm

I have been told that Craig has been telling people in chat that he's no longer welcome on this Bulletin Board and that proof of that is the fact that this thread has been deleted.

I'm a bit sick of being criticised at every turn. I did delete this thread, I deleted it along with a few others in an effort to clear the way for a bit of fence-mending.

I have now reinstated this thread, but accept that I will probably be criticised for that as well.

Craig, you have always been welcome here - and you always will be.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:36 am

HEY Craig....stick around...As that 1990 singer KC and his sunshine band once sang...'PLEASE DONT GO'.
I will be departing in around 4 weeks as soon as our bus is ready to go...we are pulling at apart each day and getting it up to scratch.
The mrs is very much looking forward to it even though I have organised to had a BIG mural on the back window of a Magpie.

STICK AROUND CRAIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:29 pm

Peter, time must seem to slow down as age goes by because that song was released back around 1979 not during the 1990's.
Frente and Ace of Base were all the rage during the 90s.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:24 am

Hey Rowdy 26....Gee was it that long ago.......aw heck!!!!!
1979/1989/1999 who cares....any ways we dont want CRAIG to go...

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
BJ Aquarius

Harry C - The champion of the Harrys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:37 pm

Cheer Cheer the Black and the White
We need you Craig, back on this site
If you come back it'll bring us delight
Stop it now, end this shite..

BJ

The Surprising thing about young fools is how many of them survive to become old fools

[This message has been edited by BJ (edited 27 August 2002).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: