Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thanks Guys, You're a Wonderful Bunch of People!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:29 pm
Post subject: Thanks Guys, You're a Wonderful Bunch of People!Reply with quote

I have just been asked by the site owner to remove myself from this board.
I'd just like to say that I've enjoyed the last 18 months here. This has been, and will remain the best Collingwood BB on the internet.
Though I have not met you guys, apart from Mike, Nick and a quick handshake with Joffa, I feel I know you all in some small way.
If anyone would like to keep in touch my E-mail is;
pursya@tpg.com.au
and you can catch me on FTO under BlackonWhite.

Cheers all
it's been great!

-Craig

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did say 'piss off', but it was not a request for you to remove yourself from the board.

I believe that you are a valuable contributor to this site and would never even consider asking you to leave. If you go then you go of your own accord, and I for one will be sorry for it.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:42 pm

How long have you been in the country Mike?
"Piss Off" in Oz means but one thing.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:47 pm

No comment, I'm sick of the whole thing. You just believe what suits you, just leave me out of it.

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 19 August 2002).]
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:48 pm

I don't know all the ins and outs of this but you're both showing real black and white passion -'as all good barrackers should'- but remember we're all on the same side. Sounds like Mike appreciates you Craig and want's you to stay. Donny

Bones 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:31 pm

Erm this is a JOKE?? Right?

CRAIGIE!!!!! Don't go, please, we luvs ya, we needs ya. Yeah ok its me that needs ya not THEM.

I'm stunned, I'm shattered. After all the hard work Craig has put in over the past weeks. That's a bluddy disgrace, to those (whoever you are) I hope you are satisfied now. Shitheads!!!

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:27 am

Craig, please don't leave - you're a part of the Collingwood family on this BB and it would be a real loss if you said goodbye.

We've all been on edge after a bad loss on the weekend and we need to remember that Mike has an extremely tough job running this BB. We are all going to disagree at times but I think Mike does a great job and I'm grateful that we all have this great forum to discuss all things Collingwood.

Can we put this behind us and get back to what we do best - supporting the Mighty Collingwood Football Club and in the process dishing out a hiding to the sainters this weekend!

GO PIES!
Marg

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:10 am

Craig it is not necessary for you to go, so please don't go.

This whole thing got out of hand for NO reason. Go back and have a look at the threads (and that means everyone), it was just a stupid fight over nothing.

You know what the dumb thing is? These petty fights usually are the ones that stuff friendships up and it seems that is what is happened here.

Just and example of a petty little fight I had: Last New Years Eve I had a party at my place in conjunction with my Dad's 50th, when I heard my best mate wanted to go home because he was feeling sick I was rather pissed off because I thought it was just his girlfriend being anti social. He wanted a lift home and had the gumption to ask my girlfriend to give him a lift home after she has just finished work @ 10.30pm (New Years Eve). I told him to piss off and walk home. I didn't talk to him for six months.

You see what I'm getting at here? In hindsight I probably over reacted and so did he. The thing is we almost stuffed up a friendship that shouldn't have been put on the line in the first place. And perhaps while Craig's frienship might not be as close as what mine is with my best mate, the moral is, before you act stop and think, then think again and again until you realise that in hindsight you are going to look stupid for acting this way.

Craig please don't take this the wrong way if you are reading it. I'm just showing you how things can be blown up into something they shouldn't be.

Craig, please think again about going. All comments were made in the heat of the moment, let's all stop taking everything to heart.

JDF
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:32 am

craig, don't go mate. don't give them the satisfaction. I've always appreciated the hard work that you put into this site, and your great sense of humour. I'm sure that all moderators and regular posters know and appreciate the value you bring to the board. we would be sad to lose you.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 8:58 am

For what it's worth, I've been told to piss off, or words to that effect, a few times.

As for the exact meaning of "piss off" ... well it's open to interpretation. One can take the absolutist position, I suppose, and take it as meaning "do not darken our door step again" ... but I doubt very much that this was the intention of the site owner. His subsequent post suggests that his meaning may have been somewhat milder. More along the lines of "go away and cool off, and come back when you've got over your tantrum."

It's pretty clear, Craig, that the general consensus is that you are wanted, needed and loved around here ... so I'd suggest there's little to gain from cutting off your nose to spite your face ... and plenty to lose ... from both sides of the equation.

Now, if you're like me, you'll be very stubborn about this. You'll think that it will make you look weak if you back down. But that comes under the general heading of "self-defeating thought processes." Part of the blueprint for sabotage of one's life.

If you REALLY feel we need to be punished, then maybe you could do what I do sometimes ... boycott the site for a week or two ... in protest. Then, when you've forgotten what it was that you were protesting about, come back as if nothing has happened ... and I think you'll find that nobody will think any worse of you for it.

And even if a few people do ... just remember this little gem of wisdom:

THOSE WHO MATTER DON'T MIND ... AND THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER.

I'm confident that commonsense will prevail ... and we'll be able to put this down to one of those things that happen after a heavy loss to a hated foe ... It will give us all something to laugh about in the first week of October as we celebrate our Premiership.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:02 am

well said Dr Alf, I couldn't have said it any better (and that's the truth).

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:21 am

Please Graig don't go, tears are starting to well up in my eyes and I am getting all faint. This reminds me of an episode I saw on Neighbours once. Graig we love you please don't leave us, Ramsay Street will never be the same again. Oh God, that's it the tears have starting, I have to leave.

Only Collingwood people know what we feel - the rest will never understand.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:27 pm

Piss off is nothing...i get told at least one hundred times a day to get thucked !! sometimes i feel like im nothing but a walking intercourse...hahaha come on boys dont be thin skinned...'piss off' is a lovely expression!!

People on the count of three...ONE...TWO...THREE..One day in september we want to remember there isnt any doubting we'll be in there shouting ( you beauty ) Collingwood's such a part of this old town and we know they wont let us down !! GO YOU SEPTEMBER MAGPIES...You thucking beauty !!!.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 20 August 2002).]

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:30 pm

Why are you leaving? That isn't much of a mean remark. How can you leave the people that have been with you through thick and thin! How can u leave the collingwood family?!!!!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Lisey Molloy! Jarrod Molloy's No.1 Fan!

While Others Blend In2 Da Background, I Prefer 2 Make A Scene,
Im A Gorgeous, Glowing, Tantrum Throwing, Darling Drama Queen!

Im Lovely & Im Gorgeous, Mad & Oh So Funny,
Always Glad, Im Never Sad, An Adorable Hunny Bunny!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:42 pm

m8!!!!!!!! you cant go !! even tho we have our differences about carey this is like a massive family and a member has dicided to leave!

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: