Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Freeborn

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David West 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 1999 1:06 am
Post subject: FreebornReply with quote

Has anyone else heard of this rumour of Glenn Freeborn becoming our Feb pick?Can anyone enlighten me to what type of player Glenn is?Maybe it is too deep into the Cricket season but I cannot really picture him.

Val Venis Body Double 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 1999 4:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellllo Ladies!!!
The Big Valbowski has been on hiatus (his
mate who has the internet has been O.S), but I'm back.
Personally, I believe Freeborn would be a
useful acquisition, given the usual talent pool available in February. I seem to recall him playing some handy games in finals. He has good skills and adequate pace.
The perennial problem facing us as we embark on the new season however, is the continual recruitment of players of similar stature. If I was to work out what I believe to be our best side on paper, (assuming we gain Freeborn) it would see Freeborn, Tyson Lane, and Watson battling for a forward-pocket position.
The recruiting team has reverted back to tradition (the Collingwood 6 footer). I know they want to bolster the midfield for player rotation, but where on earth are the up and coming ruckmen? (Regular readers of the old site are quite familiar with my views on Brad Smith).
Surely a young, fit, agile ruckman should be priority number 1. I know they don't grow on trees, but it appears Judkins and co might not have even bothered to try to find one.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Val Venis Body Double (edited 19 January 1999).]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: