Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The umpires are murdering TARRANT

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:42 pm
Post subject: The umpires are murdering TARRANTReply with quote

Did anyone count how many times today tarrant was being held from behind as he was approaching the contest..i really felt sorry for him as he is trying his guts out.

The 3 umpiring system is a joke...when the ball is being delivered into the foward area an umpire should be side on to the contest or situated behind the contest, for gods sake if the ball is rebounded quickly upfield you have 2 umpires taking control..tarrant is being slaughtered and it has to stop.
He will cop his critics again this week but if you people saw what we saw from behind the goals you may not be that quick to bag chris.

People on the count of three...ONE...TWO...THREE..One day in september we want to remember there isnt any doubting we'll be in there shouting ( you beauty ) Collingwood's such a part of this old town and we know they wont let us down !! GO YOU SEPTEMBER MAGPIES...You thucking beauty !!!.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Larsperson 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutley agree 100% Joffa...he was having a red hot go and got nothing for his efforts..they were practically raping the guy. He got NOTHING....good effort today from Taz..was really impressed with him. Keep it up Tazza u legend. Still cant believe hes 21..future is bright with this kid.

MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:06 pm

Oh my god exactly! I see it every week EVERY WEEK without fail! The annoying thing about it all is when it's a player like Lloyd you can't even touch them they get a free kick instantly! How can the rule be different to different players it makes no sense! Damn you umpires open your eyes!

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:28 am

I thought the umpires went back to the 1960s in their interpretations in this game.

It was real "swallow the whistle" stuff.

I actually prefer that style of umpiring ... I think the game was a lot better when forwards really had to fight for everything they got. If ALL umpires umpired this way EVERY week I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Unfortunately, most of the time, umpires pay free kicks for practically nothing. Hence all those soft set shots that Velvet always seems to get.

Tarrant really copped an absolute buffeting yesterday ... Overall, he played a great game, but there were times he was obviously getting the sulks because of the umpiring. Unfortunately that won't do. Good players just have to keep on giving 100% no matter how badly the umpires and close-checking defenders are crucifying them. There were a few moments when Tarrant didn't do that.

It was a very 1960s type of game yesterday. And it was very nearly a 1960s result too. It would have given a nasty twisted irony to the "same old St.Kilda" chant if St.Kilda had managed to get a goal when they were 5 points down with about a minute to go.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:05 am

AbsoBLOODYlutely!
What is the deal here. Does Taz give it to the umps before every match? Why do they not see what we all can see so clearly, that he is being held? Yet when Taz does infringe they ping him. I do not understand it.

On another note, did any one see more clearly what happended to Taz in the last quarter, on the outer forward flank? It appeared as though a saint player came over the top, possibly hitting him on the head. Taz then sat on the ground cross legged for a few moments and appeared to have to be coaxed up by a trainer. Stood up then did rub his head a bit. Anyone else see this?

Go Pies!

[This message has been edited by AnthonyC (edited 26 August 2002).]
afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:23 am

Nothing in it (from a report perspective). He hit the back of his head on the ground when he came down. It was slow mowed on the replay.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:35 am

Thanks for that, didn't see the contact with the ground.

Go Pies!
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:44 am

It's wrong that Tarrant has to put up with constantly being held whereas other players get free kicks for much less.
But, I agree with Alf, Tarrant definitely just stood there and sooked on a few occasions instead of getting on with it and chasing the ball.
Can you imagine if Lica carried on like that?

The Zapper 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:59 am

Hang on...

Taz did hit his head on the ground but if you look closely at the vision you will see Hudgton connecting with him with an open hand while trying to get to the ball. Taz's head did go back. I dont think it was deliberate or reportable but he did get a hit.

Overall Taz had a huge go yesterday and that was really pleasing. The important thing is to honor his leads properly...not kick it over his head or to where he is not leading. His leading is his strength, the other players have to be smart enough to play to it.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:11 am

I'd have to say that from viewing Taz on the TV the last few weeks his efforts yesterday were far superior to those of previous weeks. That is the Tarrant we all want to see. It's not that he kicked goals (yes it helped a lot) but it the fact that he was willing to put in 2nd efforts and run hard, whether he won the ball or not. Well done Taz, keep up the work rate!

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Murray 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:40 am

I must have been at a different game. He was a sook for the first half, kicked two in the third quarter and did a couple of little things in the last. Where the hell was I?

Only Collingwood people know what we feel - the rest will never understand.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:02 am

I saw it too! I was screaming at the umpires saying he's holding him!

Do you know what I hate?! When the two players are all over each other and the umpires always give it to the opposition! Clokey and some guy were all over each other and they gave it to the guy! I hate when the umpires do that!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

'Oo, Someone 2 be kind 2, In between the dark & the lite,
Oo, Coming rite behind u, Swear I'm gonna find u,
One of these nights!
One of these nights- The Eagles'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:03 am

I KNOW!!!!!
dat waz so bad, I waz getting really pissed off!
I hate umpires so much! McLARREN,GOLDSPINK,SHEEHAN and all da rest,lol
luv Rach!!xoxox

*OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE OHH THE RYAN LONIE AND THATS WOT ITS ALL ABOUT*

I am so smart..S M A T
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:04 pm

well there was this one time i saw during the game that 3 saints closed in on tarrant and practically crushed him and the ump let it go i was full on having a go at the umpire i was so mad i couldnt believe and so many times he got pulled off the ball and pushed out the way some there wasnt much in it others it was a free kick if the umps continure this way i think someone is seriously gonna take some action and they r seriously destroying the game!!! I HATE UMPS!!!!!

catch ya later luv always Tara

I LUV NICK DAVIS~YES I DO~HES 4 ME~AND~NOT 4 U~IF U TOUCH HIM~OR~TAKE MY PLACE~ILL GET MY FIST~AND~SMASH UR FACE~J/K LUV YA 2 BRODIE HOLLAND!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:48 pm

I think Tarrants game will improve when Molloy returns to the team. Hopefully Molloy can break open some packs and put some physical pressure on Tarrants opponents to help him out. Im confident that the lack of Bulldogs key defenders will help run Tarrant and Pebbles back into form. Are they going to unleash Trent Bartlett on Pebbles.... With proper delivery Pebbles and tarrant should have a field day

Yo.. never was a thug, just infatuated with guns
Never was agangsta, 'til I graduated to one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: