Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match Report on the game that means 2 finals at least.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:51 pm
Post subject: Match Report on the game that means 2 finals at least.Reply with quote

Match Report from a mega delayed tv viewing in WA tonight.

Side by side we stick together....
With Pavlich and Carey now going to not come to us we can get the minds back on what matters most.Finals footy

Well what do they say about the best laid plans?
Got called out to work today so I grabbed hold of my credence,baker street,fleetwood mac and travelling willbourghys tapes(told you im a bit aged) and headed off to work with the intention of traversing the Gt eastern hwy in my section without the radio on the footy as it was a magpie free zone today on WA radio.
You can choose your job,but unfortunately you cannot choose those that work with you.
The 2 way radio has to be on at all times for base contact and at precisely 1415 ,half way thru Rhiannon, some bastard that gets paid as one of my superiors came over the air with the words
The Saints are killing the pies.!!!!
from then on the shift was not going to finish quick enough so i could see for myself.

heres what i saw on the telly!!
the first half was about as flat as my attempt at being a stirrer on another site that i dont often go on went last week.need less to say i have gone back to my old friendly ways.getting too old for that bullshit.
Gotta say that the saints have improved all over except in the coaches box.most sides have had trouble belting them but most sides beat them.
I knew before the game that there was no chance of MM being outcoached this week on the grounds that the aints dont have one.
Aints kicked a lot of points in the first half,but so did we and i reckon the wastage was about even by the half.
Richo(Hots babe)did ok and seemed to be a target,Mckee impressed me with his disposal when he got the volksy,not his rucktaps tho unfortunately.
Thomas must have read a coaching book that makes as much sense as the book that decrees a mother that is not married shall be stoned to death.(saddest thing ive read in years)
You know if we did that in WA we not only would run out of women but would also run out of stones.

Flooding must have been the only chapter he read tho.
30-37 down after 60 minutes of forgettable footy.
And the maggotry were at their worst,neither side got a benefit,just confused.
IF they umpire like that in a final there will be a riot.

ok second half started like this
Taz strong mark on the lead POINT
Taz strong mark on the lead GOAL
Taz handball to Lockyer GOAL
Everitt goal
Taz leads marks GOAL
Everitt goals
that was the first 10 minutes
for the rest of the 3rd term apart from a lot of points mostly at the other end and Burns left foot goal,we were just holding them without looking bad or good,Saints snagged a goal 10 sec before siren was a worry.

last qtr had gone 10 minutes before anything changed,when Boofa got on the end of a handball from Licka and goaled,closely followed by Tarks getting on the end of Lickas handball and kicking a point.
We finally hit the front with 5 minutes to go when Burnsy handballs to Boofa in the square.
saints get a point and with a minute and a bit to go Reiwoldt who had been worried off his game the second half by Clement heard footsteps as Wakes came charging and he dropped a mark that a more experienced player may have taken 10 metres out ,the tv panned to a very pained face of MM as we cleared the pill and Lonie got on the end of it,MM was shouting STEADY STEADY STEADY,but Lonie just GOALED GOALED GOALED instead and MM held his face in his hands and I was quite pleased to say the least.

I have done the maths
We can lose 150-50 (not likely)and the rangakoos can win 150-50 and still stay 1 and a bit % in front.
So im concerned more about where than if now.

the bottom line is we won the 4 points which was the most important thing,get to play 2 finals at least and should be a real threat next year if not this one.
Im still not convinced that the way we go forward can beat a good side and it certainly doesnt help our forwards confidence.
Tarrant had a go all day ,played his usual great one half of a quarter.
hard to draw a line on some others as they were on and of like a pros knickers all day.
votes
2 Burns
2 Clement
2 Lonie
2 Licka
1 Tarrant
1 Johnson

Season tally for the inaugural B&F from 3000 km away award
26 Licka
20 Buckley
14 Burns,Rocca
13 Cloke
9 Lockyer
8 McGeough,McKee
7 Freeborn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: