Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ultimate Footy 2009

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Super Coach and Dream Team

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babylove 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:59 pm
Post subject: Ultimate Footy 2009Reply with quote

I was going to offer to start a Fantasy Footy 2009 league, however I have found a similar site called Ultimate Footy 2009 which looks to be similar although it is free to play and so I have already set one up if you are interested. There are twelve places so first in best dressed.

League name: Nicks BB League
League code: 984700
League password: nicksbb

The site address might help Laughing http://www.ultimatefooty.com/

Last edited by Babylove on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babylove 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I forgot to mention with this site you can join up to four different leagues. There are different draft options which are as follows:

Live Online Draft (recommended)

Ultimate Footy is the first fantasy AFL games to offer a truly ‘live’ online drafting experience, streaming the picks as they happen to your screen!

Each coach is given 1 minute per pick, keeping you on the edge of your seat and experiencing the draft like the real AFL coaches. To keep things moving, if a coach is runs out of time on two consecutive picks they get a reduced time of 20 seconds per pick. Once they make another active pick the time resets to 1 minute.

Thanks to this unique setup our Live Drafts only take between 1-2 hours, not 1-2 weeks!

If you can’t make it to draft day, or can’t stay for the full time, you can still participate by submitting Pre-Draft Player Rankings. This is a way to rank you preferences of which players you would like to select, then when it comes to your pick the system will choose your highest ranked player that is still available. Even if you don’t submit Pre-Draft Rankings your team will still be drafted according to the Ultimate Footy D-Ranks, a carefully constructed ranking list made specifically for assisting with the draft.

Screenshot of our Live Pre Season Draft application in action
(Click to enlarge)

Autopick Draft

Autopick drafts do just what the name suggests, drafts your team automatically. Each team in the league has the option of setting Pre-Draft Player Rankings, which are used to draft players.

The Autopick system works by selecting the highest-ranked available player (based first on your pre-rankings and then our default rankings) at the time of each pick.

Our draft algorithm will ensure you select enough players to fill out you starting 18, using your last few picks to select the highest ranked players in any position that might be undermanned.

Offline Draft

This option is great if you want to conduct your draft manually and just submit the results to us. A draft night is always a great way to kick off a fantasy season so if you can get your mates organised we recommend it, and then let Ultimate Footy run the competition for you.

I have selected Autopick but I can change that once the league participants have joined and we can work out what suits everyone.

Update: I have changed the draft to an Online Live draft although I don't think it will be available until the places are filled. In any case for now I have set it to be Fri 20th at 2.00pm with one minute per pick. I can change this so once we fill the league (or get close to this time) I can alter it as we decide how the draft best suits everyone. If anyone has suggestions or anything I should be aware of that may affect the draft please let me know.

Last edited by Babylove on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broken_Benjamin Leo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:21 pm

tryin to suss it out but the password wont work?
panga Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:27 pm

looks interesting, i'll give it a go.
Babylove 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Broken_Benjamin wrote:
tryin to suss it out but the password wont work?

I've just checked and the password to join the league should work as it is as I've listed it. Once you've logged in there should be some league options. Ask to join a custom league and then you need to put in the League ID and the password and it should let you join as there are still places available.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:06 pm

i found the league name, enter the password and didnt work.

i have my team name, just cant get in
panga Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:44 pm

worked for me.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 pm

when i get to here:

CREATE A CUSTOM LEAGUE, JOIN A CUSTOM LEAGUE, JOIN A PUBLIC LEAGUE

i go to join a custom league, don't i?
Babylove 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:38 pm

Fire Up wrote:
when i get to here:

CREATE A CUSTOM LEAGUE, JOIN A CUSTOM LEAGUE, JOIN A PUBLIC LEAGUE

i go to join a custom league, don't i?

That's right. Click on join custom league, then enter the league ID (the number in the first post) and the password. It should work okay (it did for me when I joined another league).
noddy, Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:59 pm

yo. i'm in. thanks for organising it baby.

i couldn't get past the custom league login either. i was cut and pasting the league id and password from baby's post above and it wouldn't work. i typed everything in rather than pasting it and it worked ok.

Babylove 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:08 pm

noddy, wrote:
yo. i'm in. thanks for organising it baby.

i couldn't get past the custom league login either. i was cut and pasting the league id and password from baby's post above and it wouldn't work. i typed everything in rather than pasting it and it worked ok.

I just had a look at that. If you highlight the line of the password there is a 'space' at the end, and if you paste it int the password box on the site it counts the space at the end as a character in the password which might be why it's not working (I haven't followed the process right through but when I did the copy and paste there were eight characters and there are only seven characters in the password). I hope this clears things up for anyone having trouble getting in.

Just a quick note on the draft. I have changed the online draft time to the 16th March at 7.00pm with 3 mins a pick as I was reading that the draft needs to be completed by the 17th to be ready for round one. After this time scoring won't start until draft results are submitted apparently. I can adjust this time as need be but for now that is when it is set. Let me know if there is any issues with doing a live draft.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:59 pm

im in now

i did it via typing the password etc. i was copying before

bring on the draft, where im hoping to snare a gun backman
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:30 pm

when we are picking the players we want, do we have to put them in order of who we want 1st, or can we just pick them and leave them then hope for the best?
Babylove 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Fire Up wrote:
when we are picking the players we want, do we have to put them in order of who we want 1st, or can we just pick them and leave them then hope for the best?

At the moment I've got the draft set for the live option. At the moment the date and is set for Monday 16th at 7.00pm (AEDT) with three minutes for each pick. Now from what I understand from the rules (this is the first time I've done this) if you can't be there or have to leave before the end of the draft then you can pre-draft player rankings where you rank players in order of your preference and it will automatically select your highest choice still available (I think it's similar to a contingency list on Fantasy Footy). If you don't submit one you won't miss out though as the draft will automatically pick for you from the Ultimate Footy D-Ranks which I think is the site's rankings for each player (I presume from last years performance). In an earlier post I've posted the full explanation for each of the draft options, although at this stage I have selected the Live option. I hope this all explains it okay Very Happy

On another note there are still 4 places available for people wanting to participate.
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:08 pm

kool.

ill be on computer at 7pm for the draft anyway.

its to hard to put players i want in the order. i keep changing my mind who i want for the 1st 5 picks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Super Coach and Dream Team All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: