Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chant Report Card Coll Geelong MCG

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:33 am
Post subject: Chant Report Card Coll Geelong MCGReply with quote

Chant Report Card
Collingwood V Geelong
MCG April 9th

Very good effort tonight considering we had a loss. The front row was good and so was the effort of everyone wanting to stand and deliver chants. It was a noisy night. Well done all.

Chant Report Card
Collingwood V Melbourne
MCG 4th April

Very very good!!
The Cheersquad was excellent yesterday. The front row worked a treat well done to everyone on front row. The new people in the squad have been very active and positive in all areas of chanting. No negatives whatsoever..Well done to all. The long slow collingwood chant and the singing of our club song in the last quarter was a bonza.

Chant Report Card
Collingwood V Adelaide
MCG 28th March

Some positives and negatives.

The front row people must at all times chant and stand after every goal..It has a follow on effect and it looks good. Maybe a complete front row rotation every week. Seems to be some familiar faces grabbing front row every week.
Considering the low numbers in squad area the chanting was good for most of the game. It's important for everyone to chant and make noise..If your not keen on doing so maybe another seat in the Ponsford awaits you next season. Again the Magpie Army in the Ponsford stand could not hear us..We must take these comments on board, When its game time it's Cheersquad time. We must encourage surrounding bays to join in..Its our job to ignite the Ponsford stand.
Nothing more and nothing less is expected.
5/10.
Lets hope for a better report card come next week when we defeat Melbourne!!

Chant Report Card
Collingwood V Essendon
Telstra Dome
NAB Cup
6th March.

Easilly the best effort from the whole cheersquad in a many many seasons. It was vintage cheersquad something very much like the Collingwood Cheersquad mid 1980's.

Everyone is so keen and excited about the changes that have been made over the summer break. Good to see many new faces that have bought needed passion and excitement.

Each week we will have a ' Special Feature ' Chant, Last night during the last quarter we did a long slow ' eddie ' chant in response to the rediculous article written in one of our daily rags..It worked a treat.

The long slow collingwood chant was good and powerful at times. Good to see we re-hashed an oldie ' Here we go, Here We Go. Thanks to Neil for bringing that one back into the Hymn book.

The bays on both sides of the squad deserve a special mention and only reinforces our belief that this has to be encouraged at all times. The front row again was magnificent.
Was also good to see a few personal hand held banners this only adds to much needed color, We still need a few more flags etc etc.

The traditional standing at the 20 minute mark of the last quarter of Good Old Collingwood Forever worked well along with the long slow collingwood chant.

It is exciting times for the cheersquad..so very genuine..so very passionate.
Well done to the cheersquad.

.........................................................................................................
Chant report card.
Collingwood V Richmond
The Stadium NAB Cup Game
Feb 26th 2009.

A great night was had by all in the cheersquad. The willingness by all members to chant was a huge plus and will only get better. The front row worked very well with noise and instigating chants.The front row standing to applaud all Collingwood goals was sensational.

The middle rows was the big plus was very loud and very passionate. The Standing as one to deliver the long slow Collingwood chant and Good Old Collingwood Forever will become a cheersquad tradition.

The squad appeared to be more relaxed last night, The emphasis on having fun whilst chanting worked a treat.
For the first time in our cheersquad history we have elected to have the whole squad responsible with the leading of all chants, We no longer have the one chant leader on front row. It was a radical move and one which i was hoping like hell would work and work well..The results were fantastic, Many people were eager to get involved and lead the chanting.

We desperately need more flags and more hand held personal banners, A community megaphone would help and maybe the odd drum or two We wont hold our breath on that request!

We'll get better as the season goes on, But at this minute we're on track to becomming the loudest cheersquad in the business. Watched the last qaurter when we got home...Interstingly to note it was the Collingwood cheersquad that could be heard on TV...Not sure what happened to Cheryl Critchly's mob
Cheers everyone.

Last edited by joffa corfe on Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:40 am; edited 6 times in total
Peter 

BELIEVE!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done guys...sorry I couldn't be there...it has been a terrible week...

I lost my Father In Law on Wednesday after a tough battle with cancer...he was looking down on the Dome last night and watched that impressive display...

Looking forward to seeing my Black and White family soon...the Big Flag will be back I have 2 this year and possibly a third in the mix...so we will make this squad the 2009 to remember!!

Well done guys

Coooooollllllllllliiiiinggggggggwwwwwwwwwwodddddddddddd!!

WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:23 am

5/10 is about right. Let's hope for a better effort from the cs this week hey!
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 am

can i make 1 suggestion (ill probably get shot for it)

can we like join in sometimes when the guys at the back start a chant?
because sometimes they start a chant and then some one in cs will start another chant. if you want the ponsford to be all chanting go with the 1 chant. having 2 chants at the same time will not work. then like for the people at the back of cs are getting confused which chant to go with or have difficulty hearing the chants from the front as the guys up the back seem to be louder
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:53 am

Who starts the Chant isn't a problem, we need to be backing each other up Cool

Probably where it gets a bit messy is when one Chant starts a couple of seconds after the other, and then we get a bit Confused, but it definitely isn't a competition, We're All as One, All Collingwood, yey!

The spontaneity is great, it's genuine, it's loopy Laughing , let's keep it going!

Joff is doing a great job in focussing the Chanting, it's a tuff gig.

We need to be all pulling in the one direction to make it something really Cool & special.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Fire Up wrote:
can i make 1 suggestion (ill probably get shot for it)

can we like join in sometimes when the guys at the back start a chant?
because sometimes they start a chant and then some one in cs will start another chant. if you want the ponsford to be all chanting go with the 1 chant. having 2 chants at the same time will not work. then like for the people at the back of cs are getting confused which chant to go with or have difficulty hearing the chants from the front as the guys up the back seem to be louder

Thats a valid question and it's a start. Thank you.

How about a group of you guys come and meet me on saturday and we'll work something out. This is whats needed and i thank you again..Its silly having two groups in the one area going head to head with different chants...You know why ?

Its nothing when it hits the field it's just a muffel of noise!!

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:34 pm

thing is we cant join in some chants that the boys up the back do as the not g- rated
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:18 pm

yea paul of course we arent going to do the 1's that aren't g rated. but the other 1's we can.

hey joff u know where i sit, come step into "my office" row p. it will most likely be me and paul as no 1 else was in the row for the 1st game this year. im in the cs, im not at the back. u know who i am.
blacknwhiteatheart 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:38 pm

now, the cheer squad looked half full last week, why is it so???
i can handle another victorian teams cheer squad out chanting our cheer squad, but to be out chanted by an adeliade cheer squad at the MCG is an utter disgrace.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:55 pm

blacknwhiteatheart wrote:
i can handle another victorian teams cheer squad out chanting our cheer squad, but to be out chanted by an adeliade cheer squad at the MCG is an utter disgrace.

I agree wholeheartedly, Look we've been good considering what we've got, however it does pain me to say we still have some people who will not stand and who will not cheer.
For the life of me it'll be something i never understand..

Lets hope on Saturday with a full squad we'll be back to our very very best. If it doesn't improve we may have to come up with some very radical ideas!!

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:58 pm

justin has already got a radical idea.

scrapping the cs and just have the ponsofrd stand as a cs. well that is what he said at the tent to some one else after being asked a question
blacknwhiteatheart 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
blacknwhiteatheart wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly, Look we've been good considering what we've got, however it does pain me to say we still have some people who will not stand and who will not cheer.
For the life of me it'll be something i never understand..

Lets hope on Saturday with a full squad we'll be back to our very very best. If it doesn't improve we may have to come up with some very radical ideas!!

i know mate, i sat in the cheer squad i few times last year, and twice in the nab cup series, you put in allot of effort with many others just to shut down by people who just want to get there faces on t.v
if like last week the cheer squad generates shit all noise, we should look into a bay that only collingwood members can sit in, a bay with people that want to make noise that may not be able to cough up 600 plus for a cs membership. this would be a dream for some collingwood supporters.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:23 am

The chants came through fantastic on the TV yesterday! Even when Melbourne got a goal, I loved that it was our Cheersquad you could hear, not Melbourne. Even had my nearly 3 year old Grandson singing the slow Collingwood chant with me, whilst watching the game. (don't tell his port fan dad though, but I think little Jayden is one of ours! Along with his 2 cousins! Even Jayden's older brother likes both Collingwood and Port......I can see that changing in the near future!)
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:32 pm

fan4collingwood wrote:
The chants came through fantastic on the TV yesterday! Even when Melbourne got a goal, I loved that it was our Cheersquad you could hear, not Melbourne. Even had my nearly 3 year old Grandson singing the slow Collingwood chant with me, whilst watching the game. (don't tell his port fan dad though, but I think little Jayden is one of ours! Along with his 2 cousins! Even Jayden's older brother likes both Collingwood and Port......I can see that changing in the near future!)

Nice words of encouragement Kay
Thanks heaps i'll print those comments on our Geelong Chant Sheet for next Thursday nights game.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:03 pm

well done joff, on getting the people to chant etc in front rows.

was it me or does some 1 have a silver jacket like your gold 1 and say game over or something like that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: