Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Packages

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpie greg wrote:
cobood wrote:
Also MG can you tell me if on the back it still says "strictly non transferable"?

Im a bit worried (yes I am a worry wort from way back Laughing) that without a number anyone could have access to it if lost....

Yes, it still says that, but without the number, it probably doesnt mean much.

Whilst the medallion isn't transferable your actual Legends/Captains Membership is transferable so that person can have access into the Social Club at the MCG & Docklands, so why do they bother with "strictly non transferable" on the medallion Rolling Eyes Confused

Maybe they could save more than $17,000 by not printing those words on the medallion and hey here's an idea, maybe put your membership number on instead. Idea
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:29 pm

^ good idea 99!
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:12 pm

its only a number at the end of the day who cares i dont take notice of my number
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 pm

The Collingwood Turtle wrote:
magpie greg wrote:
cobood wrote:
Also MG can you tell me if on the back it still says "strictly non transferable"?

Im a bit worried (yes I am a worry wort from way back Laughing) that without a number anyone could have access to it if lost....

Yes, it still says that, but without the number, it probably doesnt mean much.

Whilst the medallion isn't transferable your actual Legends/Captains Membership is transferable so that person can have access into the Social Club at the MCG & Docklands, so why do they bother with "strictly non transferable" on the medallion Rolling Eyes Confused

how do people get in without their medallion? having said that they seem to be more militant in checking at the dome than mcg.

SteveH67 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:09 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
its only a number at the end of the day who cares i dont take notice of my number

It matters, when like me, you collect these things.

As I said earlier, I have been receiving these medallions for almost ten years now, and have kept every single one.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:43 pm

steviewonder36 wrote:
magpie_1983 wrote:

As I said earlier, I have been receiving these medallions for almost ten years now, and have kept every single one.

I totally agree. The medallion seems now worthless and i'm wondering if this is their way of getting ridding of the medallion all together next year. The Social Club Membership number is listed on our Membership card and the front of the card lists it as Social Club as well, so perhaps that's it.

I have 10 medallions with numbers on them, i want this one with it as well. I can just imagine 10,000 Social club members turning up to the Club at 5.30pm on March the 18th to have them engraved Shocked

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:49 pm
Post subject: Put a sock in it ladyReply with quote

Proud Pies wrote:
steviewonder36 wrote:
magpie_1983 wrote:

I totally agree. The medallion seems now worthless and i'm wondering if this is their way of getting ridding of the medallion all together next year. The Social Club Membership number is listed on our Membership card and the front of the card lists it as Social Club as well, so perhaps that's it.

I have 10 medallions with numbers on them, i want this one with it as well. I can just imagine 10,000 Social club members turning up to the Club at 5.30pm on March the 18th to have them engraved Shocked

You big sook. You had your chance to speak up at the AGM and I heard nuffin. Get off the clubs back and support them for once instead of bagging them over silly little things like a number. If sounds like you are 007 and want to just show off. Give us a break and stop complaining please.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:58 pm
Post subject: Re: Put a sock in it ladyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
steviewonder36 wrote:
magpie_1983 wrote:

You big sook. You had your chance to speak up at the AGM and I heard nuffin. Get off the clubs back and support them for once instead of bagging them over silly little things like a number. If sounds like you are 007 and want to just show off. Give us a break and stop complaining please.

0001 actually

SIB4897 Pisces

Moe HS & Karingal HS (Frankston) Old Boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:20 am

Cool My Social Club package arrived today here in the UK, very pleased with the contents. I too would be disappointed if the medallions eventually ceased as I do like to collect them, however I assume that as the card has your member number on that is what's required for entry to the ground (academic to me as return flights UK to OZ are costly and I have work Monday mornings!!) What are the reverse stickers for, to stick on your windscreen so that those you are following when they look in their rear view mirror know who you barrack for?
Nick's BB Member #8
2013 International Member
Collingwood Football Club
BlackAndWhiteSince87 Aries

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:02 pm

SIB4897 wrote:
What are the reverse stickers for, to stick on your windscreen so that those you are following when they look in their rear view mirror know who you barrack for?

They're temporary tattoos.
Had fun scaring the heck out of my Dad xmas day with the magpie one as thats what Im (eventually!) getting done on my leg.
The Prince of Fullbacks Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:40 am

magpie_1983 wrote:

I for one do care.

My father had my number for over thirty years. He had to stand in front of Nuts Coventry, Bruce Andrew & someone else who I can't recall & tell them why they should let him be a member. (bit different these days isn't it) Unfortunately when he passed I was still at school & couldn't afford a membership.

A few years later I joined & requested his number. It was taken but the club contacted the person who held it & they gave it up.
Very nice of that person.

I have now had that number for 17 odd years & would like to pass it on to my son eventually.

So yeah, I care.

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:41 am

u must have a very low number then

Last edited by zoia on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:19 am

Hisssss you better call TPOF a sook too, or do you just reserve all that crap for me because you care Wink
SteveH67 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:42 am
Post subject: Re: Put a sock in it ladyReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
steviewonder36 wrote:
magpie_1983 wrote:

Piss off, you cranky old bastard.

Hard to believe you call yourself a Collingwood supporter!

The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:47 pm

My 2009 Members Scarf arrived today.

Pretty happy with the design.

Predominantly black with white writing saying "Collingwood MEMBER 2009" on both sides and the club logo on one side in small writing with "SIDE BY SIDE MEMBER 2009".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: