Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Does our Cheersquad have a leader?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:49 am
Post subject: Does our Cheersquad have a leader?Reply with quote

I was asked this morning by a Geelong fan at Corio Village whether our cheersquad has an official elected leader? Not a self appointed one with a big mouth and ego? I couldn't answer this and was seeking some help on Nicks.

But I couldn't help but think that our cheersquad does need a refocus in 2009. I mean it seems to spend a lot of time arguing amongst its own and somedays lacking the passion that other club cheersquads have. I don't agree with the administration at Collingwood insisting on having such a tight control over the running of our cheersquad either. That is wrong and undermines the true democratic ideals of a cheersquad. They should be free to decide their own destiny. And I do not agree with paid club people being part of the cheersquad at all. There must be a separation of powers doctrine here.

I recall a time when our cheersquad was the most feared in football. Today it seems a timid little kitten under the control of a central polit secretariat at Lexus. It is time for our cheersquad to get angry and roar. Some match days they resemble a little pussy with no meow function. I do notice that everytime a half arsed security wannabe walks down the aisle near them, they go quiet. Those sods never shut me up. So really my message to the Collingwood cheersquad is to get real and get angry for your club. Take the great traditions from those that founded your cheersquad in decades past and relive their dream of the most powerful feared supporter voice in the League. You need great visionary leadership now.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^Uh oh, ya better be on Joffa alert Hiss mate,he will be gunning for ya now!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Jeez, we need this thread like a hole in the head.

15 pages of cheersquad angst already ... but no, someone has to draw attention to himself with a new one, and an obvious target.

Troll.

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:36 pm

^ Hey PP you can't call a legend like Hiss a troll. Laughing

It's a fair question. All I'd say to Hiss is, "Mate come and join us at the back of Level 3 in the Ponsford Stand. Stand and cheer you lungs out for the Pies!" Forget the official cheer squad - they can sort out their own mess.
j@. Aries

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Mmmm Hiss is a stirrer by the sounds of it.

Thinking back to the Port match in Adelaide I was surprised there wasn't a bit more camaraderie when the smart arse security guard was taking the p1ss out of a few members. The pr1ck wouldn't let anyone past him a 3/4 time until I stuck my elbow in him as I pushed past. Smile In the old days a p1ss ant like him would not have dared and they would have sent in the boys in blue, nowadays they take the p1ss out of supporters.
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 pm

My eldest sister was part of the original Collingwood Cheer Squad, so yes, I've got a bit to go on.

Certainly in the 70s, the Cheer Squad was different to its 2008 counterpart.

The 70s were a wonderful funny free-for-all. The 00s are, well, regulated, I guess.

In some ways I think that it's better now .... for instance, much more work is done by the Cheer Squad for the Club.

However, things seem much tougher ..... Security cameras / Staff, reports to the Club, fines, membership cancellations.

This constrains the Cheer Squad much more in its activity & operations, obviously.

I struggle to understand why all the Cheer Squad has been sacked, as there were a number in it who were very fine contributors.

Joff brings added colour & has an obvious profile.

A number of Team Leaders in the Cheer Squad worked hard. Some members did, too.

Hurting, doesn't go anywhere near describing my present situation.

Last edited by fence-banger on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter 

BELIEVE!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Was at a birthday on the weekend and all I got was so heard use got the sack....fair dinkum....over it....

I am still baffled as well at the entire arrangment..having re-apply for soemthing you love and are passionate about is just a tad confusing..certainly hope I and I would think a large number have nothing to worry about...

Anyhow hope it does clean out some of the cardboard cut outs and we can get alot more passion and sence of family back into the Cheer Squad...

WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
Dragme 

Screaming.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:11 pm

To those of us that don't understand the politics, it is amazing that no one can answer the question???????

Is it a secret??????

Does the cheer-squad have a leader and who is this person?????

I am sure this can be answered.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:40 am

I was on the Committee as a Team Leader along with Pete, for the last 2 years ~ there was no Cheer Squad Leader.

The Cheer Squad is co-ordinated via the Club, who have a staff person allocated to this responsibility.

Last year it was William, who has since left; this year, it will be Bridget.

But as I say, I'm shocked to the core that we've all been sacked.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:26 pm

too many people seem obsessed with having a title - if you want to be a member and become a member then cheer....pretty simple really.

the question i find the most interesting is how the conversation came up for you to be asked by a geelong fan at corio? Do you walk around with the word cheersquad plastered on your head?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: