Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

End Of Year C/squad BBQ & Beers/ Q&A for Justin R.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading ridiculous stuff Justin? You're not the only one! Here are some Qs to start with also, from me, lesley, thanks justin.

Can you please indicate when you'll be responding, thanks.

What disgraceful trouble has led to the cancelling of yet another end-of-year function for the Cheer Squad? Please be clear, thanks.

Where is the thank you to the Cheer Squad for their good work in 08, esp to those who actually did the work?

How does an 09 pre-Season BBQ relate to this?

Please define 'the right type' for the Cheer Squad, thanks.

The loafers in the Cheer Squad are the majority ~ will they be screened-out, no matter who they're connected to?

What happened to 'The Way Forward ~ an Alternate Solution', that I submitted to the Club?

What structure will be in place in the reborn Cheer Squad, and what processes will support this?

for starters. thanks justin.

Last edited by fence-banger on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:53 am

A couple more, while I'm at it Justin ......

I am feeling targetted by the Club. Does the Club take any responsibility for this?

If I pay for Cheer Squad membership, and find that I don't get back-in, what happens then, as part of Club process?

Side by Side is synonymous with Collingwood ~ how is this reflected in how the Cheer Squad has now been treated, and how will it be reflected from now on?

Last edited by fence-banger on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:13 pm

hello justin you are doing a good job and it is good that you are stopping the troublmakers from getting into the cheersquad coz they are seen on tv a lot
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:14 pm

Given that Legends & Cheer Squad are now equivalent in status & pricing ..... will Legends members be equally accountable, and required to put in the hours of work that we do, will they be required to prove themselves?

What is it that Legends members will do, that qualifies them for the same privelages that the Cheer Squad receives?

Cheer Squad members are required to now adhere to 3 levels of Codes of Conduct, placing us in an awkward position cos we don't know what this means, same with the unspecified uniform that we are asked to agree to wearing.

Why has the Club summarily sacked all of us in the Cheer Squad ... no word, no warning, no consultation, nothing. No even chances for one & all. Why Justin?

And the patient 600 on the waiting list, what's that about?

Last edited by fence-banger on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:05 am; edited 4 times in total
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:05 pm

will the people that didn't chant during the whole year and just sat on their hands be in the cheersquad again?

also will there be a system in place to stop people that are NOT members of cs and collingwood from sitting in cs?
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:19 pm

Our President's column 7/12, is fair enough, but it's accompanied by a Cheer Squad photo at least 5 years old ~ a wonderful shot of very excited & animated Cheer Squad members, with even more in the background sitting on their backsides, in typical fashion. So, as long as they're not 'trouble-makers' they'll be in again?

The Club have received support from some Cheer Squad members and also from some in the surrounding Bays? These views are based in solid fact, backed-up by real evidence? Or just misguided hateful spite? Is this what the Club is listening to? thanks justin, lesley

Last edited by fence-banger on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:10 am; edited 3 times in total

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:37 pm

i dont think justin will let some of the nasty people who posted in this thread back in i think it is good too
fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:02 pm

^ That's an observation worth responding to, for sure!

Please remember john, that Justin has asked for Questions regarding the Cheer Squad.

Many many Cheer Squad members are upset.

Most posts are pretty honest in intent, so where's the spite, can you please point to it?

Or do you know something that I don't Wink

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:43 am

i just like the footy i dont like sad nasty people justin will fix it i think so
jmj70 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:46 am

Hi all,

Justin here. As stated last week I am more than happy to respond .
As there is a lot of questions from Lesley, I will try and summarise.

The review of the cheer squad has come from feedback both within and outside of the cheer squad, but mostly within.
Last season many members of the cheer squad were extremely unhappy with a multitude of areas within the cheer squad. These being the behaviour of a minority, the lack of supporting from some members and the constant infighting from within.
Collingwood has taken your feedback on board and decided to open the chaeer squad to anyone who wants to express their interest in joining to make us the most passionate cheer squad in the AFL.
No-one was ever told they were kicked out or would not be in next years cheer squad.
In regard to the prices, there is no shying away from the fact that we are charging our cheer squad members the same price as every other of our members for what they receive. I am not sure who expects they get a cheaper reserved seat membership because they are in the cheer squad. Maybe they are the 'loafers' Lesley mentions.

I hope this clarifies your questions.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks Justin for the response, and of course for the opportunity to ask questions in the first place.

I realise that I asked loads of them .... lots of hurt, sorrow & confusion here, but definitely without malice, despite ^ john's own musings!

One of the peculiarities that strikes me, is the misplaced strong sense of entitlement from those who make a point of contributing nothing worthwhile to the Cheer Squad.

They're usually the same ones first to put their hands-out for any & every reward.

Unfortunately, for way too long, the numbers willing & able to contribute to Cheer Squad business, be it chanting / waving / mozzing at the game, right through to more complex matters, has been left to such a small number.

This has put the very viability of the Cheer Squad in jeopardy, which is completely unacceptable, of course.

The Club has a right to expect better, and to expect to be proud of the Cheer Squad.

The Cheer Squad is in need of an overhaul without doubt.

I do hope of course that the hard workers can remain a part of this change, to enable us to continue to support Cheer Squad business and to give support to members who want to be a part of it all, as well.

I hope the uphill battle is behind us.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Chinaman John M wrote:
i just like the footy i dont like sad nasty people justin will fix it i think so

I'm very pleased that you like the footy, john. Do you barrack for Collingwood?

And yes, I must say, I know quite a bit about sad & nasty, having complained about it to the Club for long enough Crying or Very sad

jmj70 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi, Justin Reeves here again.

We have just posted this update on our website.

Due to an overwhelming response to our Cheer Squad applications, the cut off date for applications has been reviewed and brought forward.

Applications for the 2009 Collingwood Official Cheer Squad will now need to be received by the club no later than 5pm, Monday December 22nd.

Please email Bridget McGlade on cheersquad@collingwoodfc.com.au or call on 1300 MAGPIE (62 47 43) with any queries.

fence-banger Aries

Zito Kypro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:04 pm

Just one query .....

I've done the online application ~ do I need to also pay by the 22/12?

thanks justin. lesley

Peter 

BELIEVE!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:39 pm

I thought the cut off was this Friday the 12th December to retain your existing seat.

Are well all done and sent in any way......jezz 2009 should be good...great to see so much interest...in the Cheer Squad....hopefully the passion factor will be 100% and we can lift the roof of the G!! LOL....go PIES!!

WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Your Cheer Squad All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: