Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Steed Malbranque retires to look after sick son

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:40 am
Post subject: Steed Malbranque retires to look after sick sonReply with quote

Quote:
Fulham’s hero for five years [2001-06] —the one greeted with chants “Ste-e-e-e-ed” by the Fulham faithful— has bewildered French club St Etienne by walking out on them less than two months after joining from English club Sunderland.

It has been confirmed that Steed hung up his boots to take care of his son who has just recently been diagnosed with cancer. Malbranque is also understood to have had disagreements with his father over the contract he negotiated, and begged his new team to be released from the deal. Sources close to St Etienne reckon that his father interfered with his work throughout his career, even when he was at Fulham.

The source said: “When Steed saw and understood the real terms of his contract he decided enough was enough.

“He expected his father, of all people, to do a better job.”

St Etienne coach Christophe Galtier added: "Steed came to see me to say that he was having personal problems. I saw a troubled guy and I'm worried about him." - ealinggazette

http://www.sportpulse.net/content/former-fulham-hero-hangs-his-boots-tribute-steed-malbranque-1605

It cannot have been easy for Steed to have ended his career like this, but at least we know where his priorities lay and that are with his sick son. I really hope for his sake, and his families sake his young son can win his battle with cancer.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Turns out the whole rumour about his son was not true and that his whole family is in good health. As a matter of fact, he doesn't have a son.

Anyway he just joined Lyon recently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: