Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

City smash driver drove 150km/h, blew .165

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a disgrace how this free loader can kill someone and be out on bail. Rolling Eyes He may not even go to jail as it will be listed as his first offence. That is if he faces court, he will do a runner back home never to be seen again. Twisted Evil
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:35 am

it wasn't his fault!!! It was a cat!!!

So, who's fault that he blew .156 (or something like that)

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24438475-661,00.html

It was a cat: learner Puneet Puneet

Brendan Roberts

October 03, 2008 12:00am

A LEARNER driver whose car slammed into and killed a university student has blamed a cat and sore eyes for the deadly crash.

Puneet Puneet, 19, told the Herald Sun he drank four whisky and cola drinks at a party in Nunawading and later drove off in his V6 Holden Commodore.

Students Dean Hofstee, 19, was killed and Clancy Coker, 20, seriously injured when the car hit them outside their Southbank hotel early on Wednesday.

The Gold Coast students were in Melbourne for the annual university games.

Mr Puneet, an Indian hospitality student in Australia on an education visa, said factors other than alcohol and speed were to blame for the crash.

"My eyes were sore and they were closed and when they opened a cat came on to the road and I lost control," Mr Puneet said.

Mr Puneet, who has been charged with culpable driving, has been granted bail and remanded to appear in court in January.

An investigation by police indicated Mr Puneet was travelling at more than 150km/h in a 60km/h zone and had a blood-alcohol level of .165 - more than three times the legal limit. Learner drivers must have no alcohol in their blood.

"I don't think I was going at 150km/h," Mr Purneet said.

"If it had been that fast the balloons (air bags) would have come out. I didn't see them (Mr Hofstee and Mr Coker) coming out after I crashed into the pole."

Mr Puneet's car mounted the footpath after leaving the City Rd tunnel in Southbank.

The car hit trees and traffic lights before ploughing into the two men outside the Mantra Hotel.

Mr Puneet said that in the hours before the crash he had been drinking at a restaurant in Nunawading with colleagues from Telstra -- where he works part time as a sales representative.

"I was drinking scotch. I had four scotch and Cokes at the restaurant," he said.
"I was coming back from a party at Nunawading with my team leader from Telstra."

Mr Hofstee and his Griffith University mate, Mr Coker, were in Melbourne for the Australian University Games.

Mr Hofstee, from Burleigh Heads, died at the scene.

Mr Coker, from Mermaid Beach, is recovering in the Alfred hospital with head injuries and suspected fractures to his leg and pelvis.

Peter and Fran Hofstee paid tribute to their son, describing him as loving, talented and larger than life.

"As much as Dean loved you, you loved him. He loved life," they said. "Dean was larger than life and lived and loved it to the full.

"His family in Australia, South Africa, France and America are truly devastated. Dean will be in our hearts forever."

His aunt, Cairine Lambole, said: "We loved Dean very, very much, we'll miss him forever and he'll be with us forever."

Mr Puneet said he was sorry for Mr Hofstee's death and vowed never to drive again.

"I really apologise to the family. I don't have any words for them," he said.

"If I could help them, I would. I apologise to them and I respect them, but this was totally unintentional.

"I will never drive again because I am in big shock."

Mr Puneet said he was too ashamed to tell his family in India about "the worst day of my life".

He is not allowed to drive while on bail, must report to police five times a week and cannot leave the country.

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 am

So, .165 is more than three times over the legal limit, but the legal limit for a learner is zero.

Would that mean he's become an urban legend who drove at 165 times over the legal limit, or seeing as though multiplying anything by zero always equals zero, was he actually over the limit at all?

Was it a guess when I assumed he worked in a Call Centre?
Quote:
Mr Puneet said that in the hours before the crash he had been drinking at a restaurant in Nunawading with colleagues from Telstra -- where he works part time as a sales representative.

He's 19, a learner driver, and owned a V6 Commodore. Is it legal for a learner to own a V6 anything? I bet he didn't have any insurance other than CTP.

The worst example of blatant disregard of road laws, and he should be made a scapegoat, but he'll get nothing more than a fine and license disqualification, and if he's really unlucky, a one-way ticket back home.

Hooked
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:35 am

Cat my arse...he probably saw the Holden badge on his steering wheel and swerved.
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:41 am

Quote:
"My eyes were sore and they were closed and when they opened a cat came on to the road and I lost control," Mr Puneet said.

Driving at 150k's, of course his eyes would be closed. Had nothing to do with the fact he blind drunk!

First we had a dingo take a baby, now we've got a cat that causes a drunk to crash his car. What next?

Hooked
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:44 am

^haahhaha
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 am

The best thing people, he is not even an Australian Citizen and gets legal aid. Rolling Eyes

Kisten to Deryn Lynch did you Dale? Laughing

I am more pissed that this idiot gets front page in the media. Now he will be a legend here and at home. Twisted Evil
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:45 am

Kingswood wrote:
^haahhaha

i was laughing at what BBHS said, not what the racist posted
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 am

Where's the KKK when you need them Razz
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:05 am

People just don't take responsibility for their own actions these days. Just admit he was over the limit and driving like a friggen maniac. Cat? Sure, in the middle of southbank?

I'd lock the little bastard up.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:11 am

Culprit wrote:
The best thing people, he is not even an Australian Citizen and gets legal aid. Rolling Eyes

Why shouldn't he?

Quote:
I am more pissed that this idiot gets front page in the media. Now he will be a legend here and at home. Twisted Evil

Don't know about that... I'm not aware of any part of the world where fatality-causing drink-drivers are regarded as heroes... Confused

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:15 am

I would rather my taxes go to help his victims. Front page news is just that, News. He will be praised for taking a Aussie out by many in his country. He may even become a Martyr.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:59 am

Oh come on, now you're being ridiculous.
leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:45 pm

pice of shit can be sentenced and then sent the **** home to serve his time that WE gave him there. get him out
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:51 pm

he is just digging his hole deeper. i mean seriously what are the chances off seeing a cat on the rd in the city. he probably saw the lion on his steering wheel and shit himself. would be intresting to see if there is skid marks in a straight line or a swirve. also he was sleeping while driving. he wasn't drunk was he, he only had four whisky and cola drinks Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: