Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

My Dilemma

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree. Texting is a crappy way to ask someone out - if you can't ask him to his face, how are you going to maintain a relationship with him? Sure, more chance of rejection and hurt and all that, but you've got to take the chance if it's worth it.

As for getting friends to ask him out... I don't want to be mean, but I think luvdids and leonmagic may be right. It's probably not the best way to go about it... although, a lot of it depends on how subtle his friend is. If he manages to just ask him casually without making it look like he's been talking to you, it could work.

Anyhow, whatever the case, best of luck and hopefully it works out... people can give all the advice they want, but in the end this stuff is kind of unpredictable. Hope things go ok Smile

Magpie Girl Leo

Daisy, my Collingwood supporting birdy....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:41 pm

I'm 16.

I'd love to be able to build up the courage to ask him out but I know I'd freak out. I always go an embarrassing shade of read Embarassed If it turns out he doesn't like me that much, I suppose it'll save me some embarrassment.

I have his msn addy..... but he's never online. The last time he was online we didn't really get to talk much because there was a group of us talking together. & he doesn't have a mobile so that's a bit annoying.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:41 pm

Oh, to be 16 again! I remember being exactly in your situation!! Except mine was much older than me, and worked opposite me, so it wasn't at school..

He drove me home from work one day, and asked me out.. I had been putting it off forever, because I was too nervous, and then out of nowhere, he goes and does it.. Haha..

This story doesn't help you, however. Smile

I understand both sides of this debate.. It is better to ask him out yourself, then to get someone else to do it, because it does make you seem a tad childish, but I understand the fear of being knocked back, definately overrides the fear of coming across as childish..

In the end, you will just have to make your own decision.. Because we don't know the guy, we can't really say the best way to approach him about your feelings for him Smile. Good luck, anyway!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
yadster#13 Leo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:14 pm

im not saying she has to ask him out in a text, who asks ppl out these days? I have been with my boyfriend a yr and a half, know one acutally 'asked each other out' it just kind of happens
I mean that use a text to ask if he wants to catch up, hang out some where out of school, so its more casual Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:17 pm

Miss_Lisey_Molloy wrote:
Oh, to be 16 again! I remember being exactly in your situation!! Except mine was much older than me, and worked opposite me, so it wasn't at school..

He drove me home from work one day, and asked me out.. I had been putting it off forever, because I was too nervous, and then out of nowhere, he goes and does it.. Haha..

lol, my girlfriend kind of seduced me. Or maybe it was the other way around... either way, even though it worked for us, I probably can't recommend it Laughing

thatkategirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Lol
i reckon if you just do some harmless flirting. Not just subtle, a bit of both should work nicely.
Im only 15 and have never had a real boyfriend, just random hookups, but yeah, i recon flirting might be the way to go.

ask around, see who he likes lol

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Any updates? How has it been going?
Magpie Girl Leo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Yes, well. There has been some progress, which is good Very Happy
Rembember how beofre I said that the friend of mine was going with N on an engineering camp.... & he was going to ask/tell him that stuff....?
Well he told him I liked him, then asked him if he liked me. N said he wasn't sure, but from what my friend could tell, he does like me.... & he thinks I'm attractive.....( Shocked ). Very Happy

However, I text my friend while they were away & told him not to ask N out for me.
It's complicated & confusing & not something I really want to go into here. To put it simply, there could be another guy. So, until I work out what I'm going to do, I'm not going to ask N out. I'm just taking it slowly at this stage....

So yeah, I'll wait until I get back to school (next week) & see what is going to happen between me & N.

JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:35 pm

Sweetheart, take it from me. NEVER ask a guy out. Don't let him ever think he has the upper hand because a lot of men will use that to their advantage and not necessarily to yours. Be coy and playful and show interest by all means. Be OPEN to conversation which could possibly lead to something more, hopefully him asking you out. It's always better to be wooed rather than do the wooing, you want to know that he really likes you enough to ask you himself. I'm just very skeptical about peoples ulterior motives having been the chaser for a long time. I love the thrill of the chase but I have to be honest with you, men tend not to respect a woman who does the chasing. They like the thrill of the chase too.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:48 am

My girlfriend asked me out, and we've been going out for a year in 2 weeks. I understand your point, but the fact is there are no hard and fast rules like that in dating... there's so much grey area.

Having said that, nature does usually make the male do the chasing, because it realises that the female may be desired for slightly more superficial reasons. I guess that supports your post.

Magpie Girl Leo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Personally I'd rather not have to ask him out, basically because I think that it's a guys job to do that... & I really don't have a lot of confidence to do something like that. But if I had to I probably could.....
Who knows, I'll just have to wait until I go back to school on Tuesday... His class is across from mine for the first lesson, then he's in my class 2nd lesson, & then in my last lesson...... It shall be interesting....

JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Magpie Girl wrote:
Personally I'd rather not have to ask him out, basically because I think that it's a guys job to do that...

Call me old fashioned, but me too. I can do the asking out but it's never worked to my advantage. Of course it CAN work as in David's case but judging from my personal experience, I wouldn't do it again, that's all.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Magpie Girl Leo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Well..... a bit of an update....
For starters I still don't know if he likes me.... Confused I've heard different things from different people. I wrote him a little letter the other day (yes, childish I know) telling him that I like him & asking him if he likes me back?
I still haven't heard back from him.... but I'm not sure if that's because he doesn't really like me or he doesn't know how to talk to me..... Confused

My problem now is that I have competition..... Cool I hate it because I feel like I can't take time. I know the other 2 girls who have thier eye on him & they have no problem talking to him... unlike me.
I know I have to start talking to him more, but I just don't know what to say..... should I ask him right out if he likes me? or not?

I don't want to miss this chance, and I hate the fact that I find it so hard to talk to him.

optimax 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 am

JacJacJacqui wrote:
Magpie Girl wrote:
Personally I'd rather not have to ask him out, basically because I think that it's a guys job to do that...

Call me old fashioned, but me too. I can do the asking out but it's never worked to my advantage. Of course it CAN work as in David's case but judging from my personal experience, I wouldn't do it again, that's all.

it works does depend, but some guys enjoy that being taken out of their hands.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Magpie Girl wrote:
Well..... a bit of an update....
For starters I still don't know if he likes me.... Confused I've heard different things from different people. I wrote him a little letter the other day (yes, childish I know) telling him that I like him & asking him if he likes me back?
I still haven't heard back from him.... but I'm not sure if that's because he doesn't really like me or he doesn't know how to talk to me..... Confused

My problem now is that I have competition..... Cool I hate it because I feel like I can't take time. I know the other 2 girls who have thier eye on him & they have no problem talking to him... unlike me.
I know I have to start talking to him more, but I just don't know what to say..... should I ask him right out if he likes me? or not?

I don't want to miss this chance, and I hate the fact that I find it so hard to talk to him.

s/he who hesitates is lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: