Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Leave BUCKS ALONE !!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one wouldn't be going nuts if the roles were reversed...I would be laughing, saying he wiped bucks jumper while his head was streaming with blood from something bucks or one of our boys had done.....again CQ think about it. Would you prefer at belt across the head or some blood wiped on your jumper.

Maybe I am wrong in thinking this way but I think the belt across the head was worse than the blood incedent and anyone who says that this will create an epidemic of blood wiping incedents in junior footy is an absolute moron.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:19 am

laughing? yeah right! its not something to be laughing about. and almost everyone who is saying big deal etc would be having the biggest sook if the roles were reversed.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:40 am

lay of magpie greg. he's spot on. bucks was stupid. he acknowledges it. it makes no bloody difference at all what ling did in provocation. yes, the ump should have seen it and pulled it up. yes, bucks should be able to remonstrate and have a go back. but his revenge was juvenile and broke the laws of the game. rightly or wrongly, the blood rule is in place.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:39 am

I suppose people will look at this incident in different ways. Some will see it as being VERY serious (and they have a right to see it that way), others (like me) see it as being very low key and not that big a deal. Either way Buck's has admitted he was wrong and will be punished by the tribunal so the matter will hopefully be put to bed soon.

BTW, nobody is about to tell me what I would be thinking if the players were reversed and Ling did it to Buckley. That is something only I would know thankyou!

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:30 am

Buckley will take his punishment. Not just what is handed out by the AFL, but by the opposition players in his next appearances, as well.

And the club will not ask for Ling to be investigated.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:18 pm

oops.... ooops.......oops fill u all in at a later date!!
BE LOUD...BE PROUD
(September.... we WILL be there)

[This message has been edited by cobood (edited 15 July 2002).]
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:39 pm

My only question is where was the support on field for Bucks. Why didnt we hit harrass bump crunch that Geelong trash every time he went near the ball. Thats where we need Molloy or Rocca to stand up for Bucks and help him out. We are a team and the others need to help Bucks overcome the crap he cops every week.

I think its shameful that Collingwood supporters bag Nathan Buckley over this. They guy made one silly mistake but im sure everyone has in their life. I hope the truth comes out about the lead up incidents as im sure if anyone of us were in Bucks position we wouldnt cop that crap.

jlc

Let's get down to business
I don't got no time to play around, what is this?
Must be a circus in town, let's shut the shit down
on these clowns; can I get a witness? (HELL YEAH!)
Pie In The Face 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:13 pm

There is nothing disgraceful in constructive criticism. As many have pointed out, Bucks himself regrets his actions. It's not a big deal, except for the fact that the captain of the biggest club in the land did a silly, graphically ugly thing that broke the rules.

Of course hitting someone is a worse offence, and of course he did what he did in the heat of the moment, being tagged by a player that went too far. We all make mistakes, and that was a doozy. That doesn't excuse it though, and Nathan understood that, as we can see in his apologetic words. Let's cop the punishment and move on.

You're a legend, Mr Buckley.

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich."

Lucky Locky_er 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:50 pm

I can't believe the thoughts of people such as Blanch, and how you can play down the whole issue. Blood, bodily fluids, germs, etc. - pretty serious stuff. What he did was pretty childish, regardless of the provocation. There are other ways of retaliation rather than putting yourself down as he did. Sharing blood is totally gross! Mind you, even great men like Bucks make mistakes, and I hope he gets off.

What irks me, more than what he did is the attitude of some people. Look at the bigger picture - How would you feel if someone wiped their blood on your clothes. Me for one, I'd rather a thump in the head, no matter how painful. At least it would be my blood, not someone elses.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:50 pm

dead right JLC. i kept expecting to see burnsy or someone, anyone, go and stand beside ling for 5 minutes to try and free bucks of his tag. or at least big pebbles puch him around a bit. at the moment of the report when the pussy's surrounded bucks only leon davis got into them. a bit worrying...

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:51 pm

*push

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:10 pm

Hey Lucky.... settle down a bit.... we all know what our great Captain did is a bit childish... I dont condone it... BUT as I said on a different thread I can understand the frustration that led him to do it.... Im sure u would retaliate as he did on the spur of the moment.... and please dont forget that Ive seen your retaliations....uuummmmmaaaaah....

Id like to welcome you to Nicks BB the greatest board in Oz... and its about time you took the plunge

luvs ya!

BE LOUD...BE PROUD

Lucky Locky_er 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:38 pm

I would retaliate too, as I said there are other ways - such as knocking his block off - but not the blood thing - dirty.

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:03 pm

1892 _ 2002... THE PROUDEST JOURNEY IN FOOTBALL CONTINUES, WITH ARMS LOCKED TOGETHER,WHILST MARCHING SIDE BY SIDE, WE WILL FOREVER STAND AS ONE TO SUPPORT OUR BELOVED COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB, it's more than just a club it's a way of life !.............................http://www.mp3.com/joffa

[This message has been edited by magpie joffa (edited 16 July 2002).]

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:38 pm

Joffa... I dont think anyone on this thread is really bagging Bucks...

Its just something that happened and not really befitting of a great man like our Bucks.... He himself is preety ashamed of what he did but as I and others have said it was on the spur of the moment.... We class Bucks as a God and as such we seem to expect the utmost from him.... We are sort of worried for him... worried of what other non family bastards say about him....We tend to forget at times that he is just human and humans make mistakes....

I myself and others on here think Bucks is the best thing since sliced bread and I can express my dissapointment at what has happened .... But God help anybody away from the Magpie Family that dares to blacken his name....

This is just a discussion he is OUR CAPTAIN and we are all behind him and wish him all the very best cos he IS THE BEST....

LUVS YA BUCKS!!

ps. Now can we let this rest??...... and if that weasel Ling hadnt made such a big deal out of it there wouldn't be any need for this discussion....
pss. Sri but I cant help myself.... Ling the gutter crawling rat
will get his just deserts...dont worry about that....

BE LOUD...BE PROUD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: