Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

VFL Season 1

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:59 pm
Post subject: VFL Season 1Reply with quote

Well with the Win/Loss Ratio was not that great, Started slowly but We got some good Couple of Wins - Espically beating Reigning Premiers down at Kadina Park.

Those the Idea of the 1st Season was Development of Players and I caught that a Success with Deubting Players coming in and Doing well in:
Dawes
Wellingham
McCarthy
Cook

So I think was Good Season but I would like the VFL Team to be a Finals team because if the AFL team is Going for a Flag then I would like the Reserves to be still playing for just in case.

Your Thoughts on the VFL Team 1st Season?

favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your point about Ressies playing now.. how is Johno/R Shaw ect going to push there way back. How can Rocca/Reid get some game time... pretty annoying really.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a success in terms of being able to play young players in the positions the club wants to further there development and having them play to a game plan which allows them to step straight into the senior side and feel confident.

I feel that a rise up the ladder next season will have alot to do with the talent of the non Collingwood listed players we have available and the amount of injuries we receive, it's all about depth really.

Priority one though still remains having young players who come into the senior side, being able to make an impact straight away.
That has been a success over the last 2 years thanks mainly to Alan Richardson,Brad Scott and Gavin Brown in there role as development coaches. Derek Hine should also take a bow for getting the talent to the club in the first place. MM has obviously also played his part.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: