Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Why?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 12:42 pm
Post subject: Why?Reply with quote

I'm not one to bitch and moan after a loss, but can I ask...... Why bring Richo in instead of Chipper? What did Richo do? And more to the point, what could Chipper have done?

Goodbye Dolly I must leave you, though it breaks my heart to go,
Something tells me I am needed at the front to fight the foe,
See - the soldier boys are marching and I can no longer stay,
Hark - I hear the bugle calling, goodbye Dolly Gray.

GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER, WE KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME,
SIDE BY SIDE WE STICK TOGETHER, TO UPHOLD THE MAGPIES NAME.
SEE THE BARRACKERS SHOUTING, AS ALL BARRACKERS SHOULD,
OH, THE PREMIERSHIP'S A CAKEWALK FOR THE GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY indeed! Firstly before I ponder why we didn't include another runner into the side, I have to ask WHY...WHY...WHY...WHY DO WE ALWAYS LOSE TO FECKING GEELONG!!! WHY?????????????????? SHEESH! I am in total disbelief about what I witnessed today! For crying out loud! Geelong are not that BLOODY GOOD! We always allow other sides to drag us down to their level and we repeatedly perform badly against BAD sides. I do not give a flying feck that Geelong have won 5 in a row, 3 of the 5 have been at Kardinia/Shell/Baytec/Skilled/anyone who will give us money, we'll use your name Stadium, and the others were to Sydney who suck and Carlton who suck even more It has now been 4, yes 4 years since have beaten those pussies and to think that we really had a chance to cement ourselves even further and widen the gap between us and the rest of the pack! I know you have down days and you can't win every game and you can't be up all the time, but FECK....This game was important, a chance for us to not only cement ourselves but to break that friggin hoodoo that has been hanging over our heads and you would have thought the boys would have been aware of this factor? I guess not! Just very disappointing to play so badly and to make an ordinary bunch of tossers look like they could be the real deal. I hope this is the worst that we will play for the rest of the year and hopefully we will be seething and stark raving mad for a victory against the bloody Tigers next week - Do I also have to mention that Tigers are bogey team no #2

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 1:46 pm

Why? Cause chippers finished at Collingwood.
Read it and weep.

-Craig

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:01 pm

According to Mick Malthouse in a post match interview, Geelong are one of the best sides going around.
I don't know how true that is but I do know it's hard to sustain your best form over a long period of time.
I just hope we don't start dropping off now there is a lot more work to be done yet.
As long as we don't get dragged down to Richmond's level again next week.
That would be even worse.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:08 pm

I don't think c'wood was dragged down to geelong's level; we were simply outplayed by a better team on the day. c'wood likes to play a loose man in defence and thompson didn't allow that, going for strict man-on-man. we were also killed during the stoppages; king with 32 hitouts was telling.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Rowdy4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:17 pm

At the end of the day we were shit and they ran all over us all day. We couldn't chase them, we couldn't tackle them and we couldn't kick straight. When we did have loose men we couldn't kick it straight to them and were lackadaisical. Didn't even look like we were trying at times. Very pissed off and am sick of these average teams beating us. God help us if we let Richmond beat us.

Were we that bad or were they too good? It felt like the longest day of my life. Should've kept Cloke in the back too, not that he was shit up forward but he's a great defender.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????? Don't f###ing know!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:28 pm

They looked lethargic. I'm sure it was the Adelaide trip. Sides just don't perform that well after an interstate match.

CARN THE PIES

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:50 pm

Put it down to a combination of bad luck, bad umpiring, a bad position of the planets, the GST, third world debt and the delayed effect of the bad Adelaide water.

Geelong are NOT ... repeat ... NOT a good side. I'm sure Malthouse is just being polite.

We were robbed blind ... and Geelong are a pack of cheats ... and a whingeing pack of cheats at that. Sooking about that jumper incident after they've cut Buckley's head to force him off the field.

Geelong will NOT make the finals ... They are NOTHING ... repeat ... NOTHING.

We just had a bad day.

We were not beaten by a better side ... That's just being polite to say that.

We had a day when nothing went right and it drained our confidence to the point where we were incapable of beating one of the worst teams in the A.F.L.

Some days are just like that.

Now ... where's my Panadol ?

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Pie Guts 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:19 pm

Disappointing today. A side that has been in winning form, but one we should have beaten easily. We are still along way ahead in terms of rebuilding, but we really have to win these games. Look out Richmond next week, methinks it's going to be very ugly for you. My tip - Pies by 13 goals.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:42 pm

tigers richo i mean. our richo should be put out to pasture.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:42 pm

chipper finished at collingwood? hardly.
richo back could make next week interesting.

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:02 pm

Glad you clarified that Ramjet!
Chipper finished? Well named emergenciy what, 4 weeks running? each week has seen changes but no call up for Adkins.
May get a game or 2 towards the end of the year, just to get the other 15 teams interested.
Chipper, make me eat those words......PLEASE!

-Craig

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:42 am

It was a disappointing game and even when we came within 9 points we still didn't look like we were playing well enough to go away with the match. As well as the players looking tired, I thought Mick was also out-coached. He made plenty of changes during the day but none seemed to work. With Geelong appearing to be a smaller, running team, I would have had Steinfort in before Richo for this match. Maybe Clokey could have had a stint in the ruck, if only for his leap, as we were getting crucified in that area.

Basically our back line were off the boil, the centre line couldn't get the ball out of the middle and our forward line wasn't firing! It definitely wasn't the same team we've seen playing some fantastic football the last couple of months. I think the tough match against Adelaide and the short break definitely caught up with us but it's still no excuse.

We need to come out with all guns blazing against the Tigers on Friday night and keep them on the back foot from the word go (like Geelong did to us yesterday). I'd give a few players a rest or a full run in the VFL to try and keep them fresh before the finals, maybe O'Bree and McGough for example. We could bring in Steinfort and Molloy. Might need to keep Richo in because the Tiger's appear to be a tall side.

We went into a bit of a slide last year after losing to Geelong, and ultimately missed out on the 8 - and I'm sure the Mick and the boys are aware of that and don't want to see history repeated. I think we'll be fired up for a big win next week.

GO PIES!
Marg

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 am

MargOZ...Thank god you said that about dropping a few players, in particular McGough. I have been thinking that for the last few weeks but didn't want to post it incase of being lynched by this board LOL! I like McGough and he is going to be excellent for us over the years to come but at the end of the day, the kid is only just 18 and being his first year in the big time, which is a tremendous effort on his part, I think he could do with a few matches at Willie. He had a dream start to his career and full credit to him, but he is young and inexperienced and although he does try his guts out every game, I think it's starting to take it's toll on him and it would do him the world of good to go back to the 2's and get some touch. O'Bree has been horribly out of touch also and perhaps the same could benefit his game.

Bagga28 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:01 am

For those who want to drop a few players, maybe just maybe its because its heavy going playing AFL football..... The young kids are brilliant automatic selections but at the moment they need a breather. I can gaurantee that over the next few weeks players will not play in the first 18 because of this.......Note I have not used the word "dropped". They will be rested in the lead up to the finals..... Adkins will play the rest of the season and so will O'Bree. No excuses we where beaten by a better side yesterday and credit to them....Oh and if you think they where shit, think again. They where hard at the ball, fast and wanted to beat us, the exact way we have played this year when its counted!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: