Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

"Bogey" teams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:11 am
Post subject: "Bogey" teamsReply with quote

As everyone knows, lately it appears that Geelong and Richmond are our 'bogey' teams - the teams we always seem to lose to, know matter how well we are playing and how shit they are.

I know last year's loss to Geelong was bad, but does anyone remember the year before (I think!) when we were up by something like 38 points at half time, in miserable weather, and Geelong still came back and won?!!! It's time to turn it around, and the next 2 weeks are a good place to start, to cement our spot in the finals and show that we can beat all teams - the good ones and the crap ones (in recent history, we have struggled beating the crap teams, but seem to fire up for the tougher matches).

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:33 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought WCE used to be our bogey team as they seemed to have the edge over us and made a mockery of playing at Vic Park.

Geelong are a very middle of the road team. They are a level below the likes of Collingwood Brisbane and Port. The fact that they are in a position to make the finals doesnt say much for the AFL competition. I also remember that day well where we blew a big lead as this was the day the "we are home" chant originated.

The Richmond bogey will be put to rest next week.

You must remember that it hasnt been hard for teams to have the wood over us as we have been down in the dumps in the last few years.

jlc

Let's get down to business
I don't got no time to play around, what is this?
Must be a circus in town, let's shut the shit down
on these clowns; can I get a witness? (HELL YEAH!)
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 5:47 am

Yeah JLC, I know that lately it has been easy for the others to 'have the wood over us', but why is it that, even when we were shit, we would still put up a good show against the 'good' teams like Essendon and Carlton, yet would falter against the lesser sides? Remember how we used to struggle against St Kilda (there seemed to be a run of 1pt matches for a while) and even Fitzroy in their dismal days (Fitzroy were another one of our 'bogey' teams IMO).

We should've defeated North (first time around), Sydney and Geelong last year as we were a better side (they were SHIT!), but for some reason it just didn't happen. We need the killer instinct...and listening to Ant the other day, I think we may finally have got it!

"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:24 am

wet toast, cats and tigers have definately been the bogey teams. but we should win this week. for all the hype surrounding geelong, im not yet convinced. their wins this year have been over the kangas, st kilda, dockers, dees when they went thru their slump, needed a touched goal after the siren to beat the shithouse blues, scraped home by 2 points against the swans when everyone was belting them by 10 goals, richmond(the local U/12's could beat the tigers at the moment) and the eagles last week, at home and in shit conditions. hardly impressive.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:38 am

I think Carlton have been the biggest bogey team of all. No matter how good or Carlton are, they always lift when playing us.

Yes i hearD Rocca on both radio and TV and its amazing what self belief and confidence can do. Previously I DONT BELIEVE Collingwood thought they could win every match they went into. Whereas know we know we can mix it with the big boys.

If you recall earlier in the year when we were about to Play Brisbane people on here wrote they we need to be defensive and tag a number of players in order to compete. I believe Collingwood has reached a stage where we can play any team on our terms and come out on top.

We have the best forward line in the league. It has height, pace, marking ability and crumbing ability. It is just awesome and will only get better when Holland and Molloy return. September shall bring some lovely Spring weather and the grounds will be dry. I pity any team having to face this lethal attack come finals time.

Every day that passes merely brings us closer to another magpie victory

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:24 am

I just watched 'last time they met' on fox footy channel. And i swear we played terrible! Bissell played an excellent game against us. We were winning and then from half of second quarter we lost it as we had a no help in the backline and nobody taking marks in the forward line.It was round 14 at Colonial and we lost by about 30 points.

Well lets teach them a lesson that we can play way better then that!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod Molloy's Number One Fan!~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:33 am

Yup and i bet Clint Bizzells mum taped that game, as its the only decent game her son has played in his career so far. I remember he took a big speccie during that game as well. Oh well Bizzell is at Melbourne now so we can rest easy.......lol

The only weapon Geelong have is Steven King. He is the only thing standing between a Collingwood avalanche and sending Geelong home with their tales between their legs.

jlc

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 7:45 am

Kristin, I think you can add Sydney to that bogey team thing. I liken it more to "games we should have won but played shit and lost by a small margin". We did the same against sydney this year only this time we won. We've won all but one of those "really shit" games this year and I think this week will be the same. We will win but it won't be pretty and we won't play terribly well. Geelong have a habit, along with sydney etc, of being able to make us play poorly. The difference this year is we still manage to get the 4 points.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:16 am

those bloody handbaggers will pay this week!

Doska^32 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:36 am

This year we have Stamped Authority in the league.
We are winning games we expected to win. We have played good football, we answered the critics earlier in the year after the loss to Carlton. As much as that loss hurt everytime I look back at it I know that the loss set up our season and gave the players a kick in the ass which has brought all the wins for the football club since then.
We can put another stamp on the league when we defeat Geelong and Richmond not only will we cement a place in the Finals but then we should be chasing the Top 2 spots. Once your in the Top 2 you don't have to play away from home as long as we win our first final.
What I'm waiting for is to win a final and after the theme song goes on a few times all Collingwood supporters to start the chant Coll ing woooooooodddddddddd that would be wicked after a win it would be like a soccer type english atmosphere during a game it's hard to keep it alive because there is always something happening!!!!!!!

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 12:11 pm

I agree Kristen. I made a point of saying this on another post a few weeks back. We have not beaten Geelong since 98 and although we haven't played them twice every year it still unsettles me greatly. The game you are referring to was in 2000 at the G and I am still seething from it!! We were about 7 or 8 goals up and the Cats did nothing for a half, then it started to rain in the last half and out came 5 free kicks in front of goal to bring the Cats right back in it, as well as one of the softest 50's I have ever seen in my life against Bucks I think it was - anyways I am still stewing about that one! And then there is Richmond who we haven't beaten since our wooden spoon year of 99, I remember that day fondly as Lica & Tubby kicked ass running off half back all day and even Shauble was kicking goals! Some people don't believe in bogey teams but I do. We have managed to break the Eagles one and the Swans in Melbourne one thus far and of course Essendon on Anzac day, but to cement ourselves as top 4 we really need to win these next two games. When I look at our run home and the 8 remaining games there are only 3 that we may lose being Eagles in Perth, Bombers & Bulldogs. All the others, we should win. But we should beat Geelong, well I hope so, because if we don't then Dr Alf has to run around naked! LOL!

paulie 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:04 pm

The good Doctor in the buff that would not be good for football.

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:25 pm

I trust that this weekend we will be sending the cats to the vet to be "fixed".

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: