Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

POOR SCOTTY!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djweza 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:39 pm
Post subject: POOR SCOTTY!!!!Reply with quote

I'm sure that many Collingwood fans feel for Scotty Cummings, but however we have such a good young promising forward line that I think it is extremely hard for Scotty Cummings to get a game. With names such as Tarrant, Fraser, Rocca, Leon Davis and Molloy when he returns from injury there is really no spot for poor Scotty to play. He could be down as trade bait along with players such as Nick Davis, Andrew Dimatina, Rhys Shaw.

BUCKS IS DA MAN!!!!!

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If things dont work out with Scotty and Collingwood (still hoping they will) I doubt he will be used as trade bait... i dont think too many clubs will be interested in him now that he's been through several clubs and is not getting any younger.

I hope he continues to give it a good shot with the pies... if we can get something more from him when he gets over the nagging soft tissue injuries then he could still be a goer. Ant, Taz, Molloy, the Davis Boys, Brodie and possibly Josh and a few others with support from Cummings when needed is really a pretty awesome forward set-up.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:10 am

Unfortunately for Scott, last week our forward line really started to fire when he went off and tarrant started leading from teh goalsquare. Sorry, Scotty, if he was injured then maybe that may have been why, but to my mind he just didn't get to the ball fast enough, didn't lead well enough.

Tarrant is going so well now at FF, when Molloy comes back we've got about a zillion forward combinations without cummings in them, so I don't hink he'll make it. Maybe if McKee get's injured, but I doubt it.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:16 am

scotty's career looks gone. with nicky d, nolloy and clogs still to return its unlikely he'll get another game. its a shame as he is a class player when fit but injuries and the form of others have been against him. clearly a great club man to have around but he cant take up game time that could be given to a kid. i do feel for him as he clearly put in a shitload of work preseason to recapture past form but the end is near i think. i doubt he would want to go to yet another club and therefore would be of no value trade wise. agree that dimma has to go(why did we ever get him? couldnt play at dons ressies but we thought he could at maggies seniors?).

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:16 am

ahh, that would be Molloy, not nolloy

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:25 am

I expect to see scotty playing out his days with willie, showing kinnear how to lead. A great club man, he is still valuble to us, but I doubt he'll get on the field, or a contract extension. Get someone else on teh list, and give Scotty a forward coaching job, ala fletcher.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:30 am

I believe he can still offer value. I remember the Anzac Day game where he took Fletcher apart - without even getting a stat. The Brisbane game he did his job too. Guys, I don't proclaim to know what MM's intentions are but each player is given a role. I have often thought when Scotty was in the team that he was to take a defender away from the contest so the other marking forwards were one out. As I've stated before I trust MM to the nth degree so I'm sure he'll have something in mind for Scotty to do.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Mr Pieman 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:04 pm

Scotty doesn't do much for team balance up forward. There are just toom any talls in the forward line with him there. I also think he inhibits Tarrant which is similar to what Plugger was doing with Barry Hall.

I reckon that Scotty is good value as a player but he doesn't have a place in the line up at the moment. Maybe his chance will come!!!

CARN THE PIES

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:34 pm

There you go again eh? Nick Davis for trade bait

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 3:57 pm

Nick Davis should be down as trade bait?

That's about the insanest idea anybody's ever touted.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
The AFL Rant!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:19 am

His not gone yet, and I will keep by my word that he will kick important goals later in the year for us.
Malthouse should keep him regardless of what he does this year because it's good to know you have a player like him to walk into the side if there is an ijury to Tarrant or Rocca.

Magpies_rule19 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:39 am

Look can we stop talking about who might leave the club!!! Some players will end up leaving but its not up to us lets leave it 2 the club and lets look at supporting our team,and that wont help with people talking bout who should go or who's gonna go!

GO PIES!

NICK+DAVIS=LEGEND

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:25 pm

The suggestion of ND as trade bait is ludicrous. Why don't you suggest Buckley or Fraser or Tarrant. Surely they are good trade bait too. FFSake, wake up and smell the coffee on the football genius that is Nick Davis.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 1:40 pm

ive got complete faith in scotty and im sure that he'll come back in a big way. ive seen him at his best and let me tell u it aint that bad!!! go scotty and go pies!!

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:23 pm

yeah scotty is good. and i think has good coming to him. i watched some show on fox footy where they showed him kicking 13 goals for port i think it was.
So maybe he may spectacularize us. (is that even a word lol.)
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod Molloy's Number One Fan!~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: