Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heath Scotland rocks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:07 pm
Post subject: Heath Scotland rocksReply with quote

In the past 3 or 4 weeks, Heath Scotland must have been just about our best player. I'm wrapped about this, because I was feeling that if he didn't get some game time soon, he would be putting up his hand at the end of the year to be traded (I believe he did that last year).

He represents an unexpected bonus for us in the 2nd half of the year.

Now if only Shane O'Bree can do the same - he looks a shadow of the player he was last year to me.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

he's taken awhile but proving worthy of the pies patience. obree will come good - limited pre season is causing him havoc. it would be wise for the club to give chipper adkins, lonie and steinfort a game or two before finals. wouldnt want to be hit with a couple of injuries and have to bring in blokes that either havent played all year(pretty much 2 yrs for adkins) or not since early in the season. adkins has definately earned a recall after shocking injuries.

Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:31 am

I agree 100% Ramjet21, we should drop O'Bree until he regains some form for willy and give adkins and steiner a much needed game. This would enable a recall later in the year if there were some injuries. Scotland has been fantastic, just goes about his work with minimal fuss and slips under the opposition's guard. He should have kicked that set shot for goal from 35 out against the crows though....

"Grinners are Winners.."
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 1:46 am

I think Scotland is a classic example of MM's knowledge of players and their capabilities. He could have been traded last year as he has been on the scene for a couple of years and had quite a few chances without really having an impact. MM saw something in him (that I didn't anyway) and now he is producing the goods. He's cemented in the 22 now - awesome effort.

Can I also just say that I've a knocker of Johno over the last 6 months...he is now one of my fav players and I believe an integral part of our defense. I read he hasn't missed an extra training session this year...hard work is what he's all about. Keep it up johno!!

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Murray 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:27 am

I remember Tony Shaw (not that I think Shaw was a good coach, actually I think he was hopeless) saying that Scotland really had something. I watched him on Sunday and I thought he was best on ground. He has really matured and is a genuine "on baller". I think he will keep Brodie out of the team. Great position for us to be in.

Only Collingwood people know what we feel - the rest will never understand.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:35 am

yes scotland is quite a good player, he showed glimpses of that in the past but was never given a real go. its good to see hes getting some game time now cos he would be putting his hand up again at the end of this year to leave. which was fair enough last year cos he was pretty much in the top 3 every week in the ressies yet never getting a go in the seniors.

anyway now that he is he has made sure that he wont be getting the arse out of the 22 anytime soon, and good on him 4 that.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:49 am

If you look at the last great dynasty - the hawks of the 80s. one thing really stands out - games in the reserves. Many like Dipper et al did their time learning how to be great, putting enormous desire to be in the first 18, even Tuck played 50 ressie games! Scotland is siezing the day, as Cloke, Johnson have done. Malthouse is on the verge of an era of dominance. The best thing about collingwood as that we are a tough team. Sure we make the occasional skill error but toughness at the ball can cover a multitude of sins. Look at all those essenscumbags like solomon, johnson & johnson.. they cover up for the daintiness of the caracellas. And who do the bummers miss most of all - Hardwick. He's a prick yes, but a handy prick to have.

Hard at it. The Collingwood way.
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 11:14 am

Excellent post Brian. About O'bree I agree with what ramjet21 said.

'caveat pica pica'
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:22 pm

Gee, he reminds me of Scotty Russell in the way he plays. Wears the 29 and looks like him too ! Maybe we should be calling him "mumbles"

[This message has been edited by Clemo (edited 09 July 2002).]
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:35 pm

scoots has been fantastic for us lately! i am really proud of him!
Keep up the good work, honey!!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod Molloy's Number One Fan!~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: