Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

IS NICK DAVIS REALLY EVEN A GOOD PLAYER?????

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djweza 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:31 pm
Post subject: IS NICK DAVIS REALLY EVEN A GOOD PLAYER?????Reply with quote

I honestly don't think that Nick Davis is really that a good player that every Magpie fan thinks he is. He has underachieved totally this year and really does not do much. Every other footy fan that is not a Magpie supporter does not rate him at all.
I believe that he is overated big time and that only Collingwood fans think that he is a good player, he is perfect trade bait and we could get someone much better!!!

BUCKS IS DA MAN!!!!!

Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Your kidding me right?

Other clubs would die to get nick on their list. Obviously Nick has been down this year but there are numerous reasons for that (injury being the most important reason).

If you have watched Nick during his time at Collingwood week after week then you cant possibly deny the talent the boy has. He has proved numerous times how good he is.

I dont care what opposition supporters think... they dont watch him every week and if they are doubting his ability then they obviously know little about him. Nick is and will be an even greater player... hopefully for many many years to come at Collingwood.

I wouldnt even consider trading him!

People were wanting to trade Sir Scott Burns not too long ago too, look how important he has been for us this year!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:18 am

That is the silliest comment i have ever heard. I will assume that you are under 18 and easily influenced by others. Nick Davis is a class player and is a vital member of our team.

Just going by your theory about him being over rated etc etc You then go on to say he is ideal trade bait ?? Why would other clubs want a so called over rated player??

Let's get down to business
I don't got no time to play around, what is this?
Must be a circus in town, let's shut the shit down
on these clowns; can I get a witness? (HELL YEAH!)
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:02 am

Nick Davis, yeah, highly over rated.

umm, hang on a minute, just stop and think, how old is this kid? Just cause he's got 50 games behind him doesn't make him a veteran, and he's going to have some tough times, especially when coming back from injury etc.

He is a good player, too, I'm not sure what you're taking atm, but please reduce the dosage.

1. There is no one else in the team I would want with a set shot 40 metres out. He's a great kick.

2. He leads well. How many 22 year olds lead to the right spots as much as he does? Not many, Sav didn't start that til this year!!

3. He's got great ball skills. Great, I mean FAN-FLIPPIN-TASTIC! He was down a bit early on this year and it showed in his confidence and his disposal, but usually he's right on the money with his foot and hand skills, a great asset on the forward line.

4. He's quick, agile, but still strong enough to take a contested mark. Again, this will only improve as he matures, both physically and mentally.

5. He's a nightmare match up for opposition teams. Who would we put on him? They've gotta be able to run with him around the forward line / wing if he's playing up field, spoil a mark from behind, stay with him on the lead, match him at the ground level contests, and be strong enough to wrestle with him (when we don't deliver the ball in well).

6. He gives MM great flexibility inthe forward line. Nicky can be a small HF flanker, and forward pocket, a leading forward, a crumber, a wingman etc. And with so many talls he's perfect to stand beside Fraser and Rocca on the HFF, or lead out of the goal square with tarrant and molloy when you want leon up the ground, or with leon and tarrant when you want molloy up the ground.

He IS that good, to be fair, he hasn't shown it that much this year, one good game (was it St Kilda) does not a champion make, but when he comes back from injuries, he will need to be back in full form for our finals campaign.

He's class, Nick Davis, as good as caracella, ramunaskas and riolli but more consistent, and he plays on better quality opposition by and large.

The fantastic thing about Davis, and most of the other Collingwood guys, is that he's very good now, and he's got so many years of footy left in him still!!!

He Stays. Trade someone else.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:11 am

i think we sometimes put too much pressure on him to perform(he's only 22 after all) but he's definately not over-rated. his respect has been earned and form this year relative to his injuries, just like any other player. on your theory, bucks 'poor' form(personally i think he's been ok)means he's over-rated. can you see the slight flaw in that argument?

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:24 am

ND is a pivotal player in our best 22. He can turn a match off his own back. I want you to think about something here....when taz hasn't performed its been fraser or rocca to stand up...when one of those guys is down one of the others stands up...when ND is fit he is a player who takes one of the best defenders, leaving the likes of Neon and Clogs to get a lesser opponent and maybe kick a bag of goals. Put it this way, I've watched our team develop from the bottom under a guy named MM. I trust that he will know what to do with ND, and $50 says he keeps him.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:26 am

only 50 blanch?

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:17 am

disappointed with comments like that djweza,

NICKY is a fine player and every team know's it m8!!!

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 5:24 am

well Brown26, it was either $50 or my house and I took the option that was worth more. Now that I think about it, I'll bet $50 and my house. Total value $50.50

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:07 am

What an absolutely STUPID STUPID STUPID post! Fair dinkum some people post some silly things on this great board but this by far is the most inane post I have come cross in a year and a bit of posting here! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING RIGHT? or should I say GET A CLUE? Nick Davis is a very good player and is very important to our side. Definately in our best 22 and has talent to burn. Disappointing this year you say? Well after having an operation pre season and then being struck with an ankle injury and a mild case of Osteitus Pubis, I think you are being a touch harsh going on this season's form. As was said previously, he is only 22 and would be the most reliable kick for goal in our side. Even the great MM himself answered NICK DAVIS, when asked...If Collingwood were 5 points down in a GF and had a chance to kick a goal after the siren to win the match, who would you prefer to have the shot? Obviously you or the so called Magpie fans you posed this question to are johnny come lately's if that is your assessment on Nick and his ability and the talent and skill in his game! To quote another poster in this topic....ANYONE...yes ANYONE in any other club would love Nick Davis on their list!

Bagga28 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 6:41 am

You are an Idiot......Nick Davis is top three at the club for pure natural talent....There is nothing he cant do on the field. Can Kick 60mts, Mark Overhead, and brilliant at ground level, demands the best Half back of each team each week. You dont have to get 20 kicks a game to do your job for the team each week. Our set up with Rocka Tarrant, Davis times 2 Fraser demands respect each week and doesnt allow players to run out of the backline!!!!!!!!Granted he needs to work harder, but way to good to let go!!!!!

iluvLONIE 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 8:33 am

djweza...U R TAKING UP PERFECTLY GOOD BB SPACE!
That is the biggest bunch of CRAP i have ever heard..Nicky Davis is a champion, really he is only a baby SO LEAVE HIM ALONE!He has been injered lately and when he comes back I hope he plays the best footy he has ever played...and then you will see how stupid you sounded for bagging him
grrr..people like you make me so mad Wot a loser to even say that!
I know you are intitled to have an opinion but dont you dare come on here and bag our players again!
luv Rach

ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie ohh the Ryan Lonie and thats what its all about

[This message has been edited by iluvLONIE (edited 06 July 2002).]

clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:17 am

dont get all evil on us rach!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:43 am

In the words of John (I used steroids) McEnroe, "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING"!

Nick is talent, has talent and will remain a talent. He has had a rough trot this season with injuries.

Nick is a champ...Fulls Stop!!

JDF
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:10 pm

I cannot believe somebody would say something like that. He is trying the best he can and maybe sometimes he may stuff up but that dont mean we say he's bad. He must be better then you if he plays AFL footy!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod Molloy's Number One Fan!~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*
http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub

[This message has been edited by Miss_Lisey_Molloy (edited 06 July 2002).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: