Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We need to start burying teams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:55 am
Post subject: We need to start burying teamsReply with quote

Good win,but we need to stary burying teams like essendon,brisbane and port adelaide.it seems to be a mental thing and it could bite us on the bum in the finals.

TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i totally agree as much as i luv the pies if we dont start putting teams away so it is impossible for them to fight back thats then we may find the finals even harder than wat we expect them to be. We wouldnt ba able to get away with a game like this agaisnt Port we just happened to be lucky and i think the players know it aswell.
catch ya later Tara

(L)I luv Nick Davis(L)
and Brodie!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:12 pm

adelaide were always going to come back hard given their woeful effort in the first half. needed to show a bit more poise in that first 15mins of the last Q to snuff out the game tho. 3 goals in first 10-15 wouldve shut the gate. a win is a win however and on the whole it was a bloody good one. crows dont lose at home too often and with brissy getting rolled by the dees, we're equal 2nd with a nice break over the dons, crows, dees etc. bucks back to his brilliant best.

ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:25 pm

%$^£$%^&%% i lovee piess u guys are sooo sgood....

jeep keep on winning bupp\\\ boys i love u guys

the pies are sooo good we so desvere top 4... carn the pies

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud

(how many keyboards have i got??)

ZXCarol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:29 pm

It was a great win. Just a bit scary in the last half! But nothing as scary as being at Colonial watching Collingwood play brissy in those last 5 minutes! That was really scary!

Anyways, they got a bit lacksydaisy in the last quarter and with umpires giving away pointless free kicks i was in doubt of a percentage booster! But we brought it home with 22 points although winning by like 77 points would of been fantastic! (by the way i wanted to win by 77 points! lol)

They did great 2nd and 3rd but in 4th their manning up skills started going and adelaide was getting the ball in their 50 without much defence from our centre! Next time we play them i hope Mick makes sure someone stays with that Bode character!

Well cya everybody!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod Molloy's Number One Fan!~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:46 pm

i was really pissed off bye the fact that we didnt go on with it but im still happy we won

"my religion is footy and my church is collingwood"

Bagga28 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:50 pm

rubbish it means nothing...................a wins a win. there is no rule that says that you have to bury teams. It means nothing at the end of the day. No proof that your a better team.....

Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:05 pm

Bagga28 I completely disagree. Teams that win premierships bury other teams regularly. Letting a team come back like that shows a lack of effort and concentration. In the finals if you take your foot of the gas like that you get beaten. Ask MM is he was happy with our second half and I think he'll tell you that he wasn't!

'caveat pica pica'
clokeforever34 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:18 pm

bullshit bagga,

a true champion team wont win like that

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:59 pm

Come on, cut the guys a bit of slack! I was disappointed in the fact that we stopped also, but we were hard at it and were running hard for 3 quarters. We had a purple patch in the second, where we slammed on 9 and Adelaide did nothing, in the last quarter the Crows went in and around the packs harder and obvioulsy wanted to bring some respectability into the scoreline, which they succeeded in doing, mind you, with a lot of help from the MAGGOTS IN WHITE. Let's not forget how one sided the umpiring was, not that I am using it totally as an excuse but especially in the last, when the Crows got a few tiggy touchwood ones, we gave away quite a few which were very unnessecary, they got a few goals which gave em a sniff, got on a roll and had whole crowd to lift em as well! I know that is not a good thing to fall away as we did, and it would be disasterous if it were to happen in a final, but it will work as a positive as MM will make sure that they learn from that. It is hard to win games away and I think it's a good effort that we were able to do it!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:41 pm

of course they were going to come back, after all they did get a good rest in the 2nd while we went crazy, they just stood back had a rest and WATCHED us kick goals. and how good was it!!

we didnt have tarkyn in the last Q, that was what the problem was!!! nah i think he will be right 4 the game against the handbaggers.

it was disappointing to not win by heaps and they would have learned from that, remember we still have a lot of young players. today they would have taken a valuable lesson with them, if you slack off or lose concentration, even for 10/15 mins it can easily cost you the game, thankfully it didnt but they sure got a wake up call.

anyway it was still a good game, onya boys!

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:48 am

adelaide home crowd demanding something from there side, surely ayres doing the same, a bit of pride, doing nothing for the first half, collingwood fading after 3 great Q's, travel etc etc... = the comeback was always on. offer us a 3 goal win before the game and we'd be laughing. a young team will lead to occasional lapses in concentration. THIS IS TO BE EXPECTED. some people here are being far too harsh on a side that has exceeded probably even its own expectations this year. we become the 1st interstate team to beat the crows at moron park - bloody good effort. end of story.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:46 am

Quote:
Teams that win premierships bury other teams regularly

true, but it's also the sign of a great side to withstand a comeback like that. remember we were playing away from home and most other teams, esp. when playing in a hostile environment like footy park, would have got rolled. momentum like that is almost unstoppable; look at what happened to brisbane.

"..we flew at them as a hawk to his prey, passed through them in the disordered state in which they were, separated them into two distinct parts and then tacked upon their largest division.." -- Captain Cuthbert Collingwood, 1797
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:02 am

yes but look at Melbourne and North games - we should have held on to our leads AT LEAST, not let the others catch up. those last two goals from north were really slack on our behalf. We need to keep playing fully til teh game is over.

having said that, a win is a win, and four points everyweek will see us very happily in the top four!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:07 am

A Great Win. I have since watched the game and I for one am over the moon at how our boys played. we had 1 good 1/4, 1 BLODY FANTASTIC QUARTER, 1 Even Quarter and 1 scary quarter. Adelaide are a good side and lost there way in the 1st half. They came out pretty strong in the 3rd and the boys kept them at bay pretty well. The boys did start to tire I could see it. This allowed the Crows to win the pack ball (something they could not do the rest of the game). Maybe we should have rolled them being 11 goals up at one stage. But when the pressure was on in the last quarter the boys showed something that they are continualyy learning; POISE. Bux calmed 'em down and showed them how to play. He really is the general and is valuable. I would have loved to see us thrash them on their own turf. But we did get the 4 points and the boys may not be overjoyed because I believe that they truly wanted to show everyone that we can put teams away. The Adelaide teams have to be worried about our form on their turf. We only just lost to Port their and we convingly beat Adelaide as well. If a home final is played their, I believe we are a great chance.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: