Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MATCH REPORT ...COLL V CROWS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:37 pm
Post subject: MATCH REPORT ...COLL V CROWSReply with quote

To start off i must say im glad that 9 in WA have seen the bagging ive given them and decided to show the whole game at 3pm.great telecast and i think eddie mcg had 6 orgasms during
the call ,but it was a win and that is what we wanted.

1st qtr
First five minutes is a bit of end to end stuff like at training,until Lika grubbers the ball goalwards and leon tries to kick it himself,but too late,its Likas goal.
20 seconds later Didak roves a pack and slams thru a major.
Straight back down the ctr we go and Tark kicks a pt,that should have been an easy goal.
burton is too quick for Presti and marks,crows goal.
then followed a pie pointathon as we had the ball on a string and as usual wasted the opportunities.5 points result.
Scotland turned it over two times in 2 minutes and luckily for us they only scored 2 points.
from a kick in tarks got it to ant who passed to Burns and he goaled,from 50.great kick.
bucks then passes to didak in the square,he marks one handed as hes being held by the other arm,and inexplicably in a moment of sheer lunacy joined the point club.
from the kick in we get possesion tarks kicks to nick davis in the square but he lets it go thru for a goal.
32-16 up and we wasted the wind advantage.
2nd qtr
before you could take a swig from a king brown the crows have kicked 2 goals and its all square again.
But now the pies go on the charge.
we clear from the centre at will.mckee is not winning the taps but is creating a contest and its lika and bucks and burns that are getting first hands on the ball,scotland is running past for handballs and all players are running and leading.
as if the crows are second raters we just pile on the goals with little resistance.
bucks is getting a heap of it,Lika has shut down the leagues best player and is getting plenty of it himself,Josh is showing off his skills marks,kicks,rucktaps he has the lot.
we turn at the half well in charge 86-33 up.
3rd qtr
Ive been a pie fan since methusla was born and after 64,66,70,77-80 etc you are never really confident when in front.
Once again before i could take the top off the next king brown the crows had 2 goals on the board,nervous me skulled the kingy.
before i got the top off the next one Rocca had sunk a 55 mtr goal.
no chance to settle the nerves as Cloke made 2 blunders in a row and the crows goaled./i reckon its the 4th time this year he has jumped over the ruck trying to knock thru the points and the spare man has goaled.If hes going to play back,we cannot allow the loose man while he goes the german,others have to take his man.
we then steady and pile on 4 goals,mainly thru passes from johnno who has not wasted one possesion so far today.
the same cannot be said for young cole who wastes a few kicks and causes turnovers and the crows get 2 goals to finish off the qtr. 118-65 that should be enough ,but the crows rallied from the same deficit against wet toast last wek so i was still nervous at 53 points up.
final dig.
of course i went to the fridge again and before id had a sip the crows were going beserk.
i must say at this point that the crows had got a real good go from the maggots and that continued in the last qtr.
but we could not get a clearance from the guts and could not get a kick for that matter.
Cole jibbed it when he should have taken a mark to steady us and let the ball go free,and edwards goaled.
we were still 42 up but i made a note at that time that what i had seen of young cole tonight made me realise we cannot win a flag with him on the backline.
he is careless in his tackles,lacklustre in his 2nd efforts and hopeless at his disposals.
he has forward written all over him,maybe a winger but definitely not a backman.!!!!!!!
before i could have a swig it was 17 points the diff with 6 minutes to play.
unbelievable,we went to sleep,crows got 10 clearances in a row,the backline had a shocker,mind you the maggots helped the crows a tad.
but finally Burnsy snapped a 50 mtr goal to put it out of reach and we won a game by 22 points that we should have won by 100.
The bottom line.
that game was a shootout,whoever got the ball from the centre seemed to score at will,and it was us for 3qtrs,but the last qtr was a shocker.
in games past we have had sides on their knees at qtr time and have been behind at the half.
is it MMs inability to make adequate changes,is it players that switch off?i dont know what it is,but i wish it would piss off.
votes
2 bucks(the usual)
2 lika(the only man this year to shut down mcleod)
2 johnson(to my surprise he never wasted a possesion tonight)
1 burns,leon ,scotland,fraser
season tally
16 lika
14 bucks
12 rocca
10 burns
9 cloke
7 lockyer,freeborn
6 leon davis
5 tarrant,mckee,fraser
4 presti,mcgough,holland,johnson,wakelin.
2 scotland,betheras,clement,richo,steiner,boofa.
1 cummings

Black_White 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report, and pretty spot on, particularly about Johnno.
Just one problem.......did you see the same match that the Virtual Outer did? You see, we had Pies vs COWS! Who's this crows mob? Never heard of 'em!

-Craig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: