Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not Happy Jan!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusty 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:57 am
Post subject: Not Happy Jan!!!!Reply with quote

Last night on triple m,jason dunstall advertised that there was a open breakfast for all collingwood fans after the recovery session at victoria park this morning.My sister and Iwho are interstate members thought that this would be a great idea to go to so we arrived at vic park at 9.30am for the breakfast.

Upon arrival we found other supporters waiting outside waiting to see what was going on. We enquired to the desk staff what was happening with the breakfast of which they answered they didnt know.They then went upstairs to enquire and came back and told us it was a mis-understanding and it was for special members only.Most of the fans then left but my sister and I and another father and his son stayed on in the hope of getting a few autographs.When James Clement walked past us outside he asked us if we where here for the breakfast,we then told him it was special members only.He then told us to follow him and he took us upstairs and gave us a table to sit down at,he told us we could his table.About 1 minute later a club official came over and told us that we had to leave.After telling him that James had cleared it for us,he then told us repeatedly and rudely to "get out".Not wanting to cause a fuss we left.We then left to go back outside and the father and his son managed to get a few autographs which was good because they had travelled from across town to be there early enough for the breakfast.The father then left in disgust of how we had been treated.

Thanks to Nathan Buckley who i managed to get a photo with and James Clement for going out of his way to help us out this morning.To the club official who rudely embarrased us,you are a disgrace.Next time I hope the club better organises these events so that all the fans who got up early this morning dont go home as disgruntled as the many fans that did today.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Special members only ...

What exactly is a "special" member?

Unless the Collingwood Football Club gets it thorough its collective head that all members are special, our current resurgence as a Club will barely last beyond our on-field success.

That's exactly the sort of elitist crap that is wrecking football.

Full marks to James Clement and Nathan Buckley for their excellent PR work ... pity the official who threw you out couldn't take a leaf out of their book.

Of course, Jason Bloody Dunstall (or whoever he got his information from) should probably cop a bit of the blame here for not making it clear that this was a restricted function.

This sort of bungling ultimately destroys clubs.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:44 am

send something to the club dusty. maybe they can get their act together. as for dunstall....the prick probably left out that convenient little detail about special members only deliberately. what do they feed them at hawthorn that turns them into egomaniac wankers? dunstall, dermie, eade, ayres, croad, harford.......

Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:24 am

What a disgraceful way to be treated. You really must contact the club about this.

'caveat pica pica'
Dusty 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:41 pm

My sister and I have just sent a email to the clubs contact address.If we get a reply or apology it will be suprising.The thing that pissed us off the most was that they advertised it,we didnt just walk off the street.And the way we were treated and talked too was unaceptable.Except for James Clement.He is a absolute gentlemen and a credit to the club.

Ant 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:03 pm

i was really worried when i was reading the first message. When clemo popped up, i was fearing that he would do something arrogant or unlikeable, but when i read on to find that he did all he could to help, i cant help but feel good about the bloke. It makes me feel really glad that we have a nice fella playing in our colours who is proud to don our great uniform and give it his all week-in, week-out.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:01 am

The breakfast was for players club members - I was there!! And I saw you Dusty, although not knowing it at the time, and wondered who was comming in with Clement, so there you go. I think it's shocking that they couldn't arrange something having Jason Dunstall said that on the radio, you'd think they would have done something, especially not been rude about it.

The place was full, ie. there were no seats at tables available, but not all the players turned up, so they had this whole table, free in the end, and even if they didn't it would'nt have been that hard to fit a few more people in.

I thought CFC valued it's members, let's hope this was just one poor misguided individual blowwing his own horn.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:11 am

I agree Dr Alf, its exposure to our "heroes" that keep kids coming back and continue barracking for us. Dusty, I hope that you get the apology from the club you deserve and the official cops the sack. We don't need our glorious club represented in that manner. Disgraceful!

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:01 am

I think it is definately a real concern.I have been to the Club this year afew times for practice matches to pick up and pay for memberships and to watch the Freo game.And on some occassions the peole working their have been excellent.But on at least one occassion i was a little disappointed with the lack of knowledge of basic customer service.But i will continue to support the Club as i don't think the odd moron who works their is a true reflection of the Club in general.All the same i Certainly hope you get the apology you deserve.

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:55 am

Speaking about Jimmy Clement. I heard the Buck's interview on MMM last Saturday night and he was asked about Jimmy Clemnte by one of the commentators. Bucks responded with something like "...yeah Clemo's playing real well....." I wonder wether Nick's web page has anything to do with the Clemo nickname. Ya never know ! In any case it's great to see him being noticed, as he Wakes, Presti, Roids, Freeborn, Clokey & Tarks are an integral part of the backline. A mean and hungary machine.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:27 am

The people who turned up, deserved to be treated better than that. The club owes you all an apology.

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Black_White 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:55 am

I think you may be onto something Clemo!
The nickname is very popular in the Virtual Outer as we know that when the name "Clemo" is typed we invariably are surging into attack.
Next thing you know they'll be renaming the 3rd quarter "Mike"!

-Craig

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:54 am

I am sad to hear of any discourtesy being associated with our club.

It's the 'ONE PERCENTERS' everyone loves to talk about on the field, that should apply off the field as well.

We have been one of the greatest sporting institutions in Australia, and we should strive to set an example.

Anyone representing Collingwood who does not feel acutely that all magpie supporters are part of a greater family, should be heavily councelled about their responsibility, or if needs be, dismissed.

Dusty 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 11:35 am

Well we fianally got our response from the club.It was responded by the person who actually kicked us so rudely.He rang my sister and his official response is quote "the false advertising of the breakfast by triple M has been addressed and should not happen again in the future",and "James clement had no right to invite us to the breakfast".

No apology was offered as he did not believe he had been rude or that the club had resposibilty in the matter.

This is utter crap.As my sister pointed out time and time again the issue was not about the false advertising,it was about how we were treated so apallingly.The club should have not responded using the person that the complaint was about.Suffice to say we now have the moronic idiots name and details and will be taking the matter further(hopefully to another official of the club).This was not a satisfying response.

Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:21 am

does anyone know the word "customer service"? "the customer is always right"? he should've just appologiesd and grovelled and made you feel good, give you a couple of free ticketsand let that be the end of it, even if he did't mean it.

I think someone has attitude problems!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: