Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Television Rights

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:21 am
Post subject: Television RightsReply with quote

A simple solution to Sunday Afternoons debacle is this, move the game forward one hour so it is a 3:40 start!

Why can channel 9 put a match on one hour earlier so it can televise the England vs Argentina, which is fair enough. A contract is a contract, but what pisses me off is that for thousands and thousands of our supporters around Australia have to miss out on a quarter and a half because of the Melbourne vs Brisbane game. Yes televise that game first, but why not bring the Collingwood match one hour forward so it can then be a double header, like what they used to do on Sunday afternoons when channel 7 had the footy go from the SCG to Subiaco. Not only will channel 9's ratings go up but our supporters can then see there team play the whole game instead of missing nearly half of the match.
I am not one of those supporters that can watch the match as I have other commitments but I will be listening on the radio does anyone know what radio station will have the game?

That is a simple solution I rest my case what do you all think?

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 11:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please explain what problem you have. the game is a 2:10pm start in Adelaide. That makes it 2:40 AEST. So whats 3:40?

-Craig

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:37 pm

errr.....an hour delay? I still think it's not good enough and agree with Doska! After all it's only going to be an absolute CRACKER! You know, it's only 3rd V 4th! Not important whatsoever I mean, Melb V Bris is promising to be better....no wait, Foxtel have the match generating the most interest? ummm Roos V Saints SHAME 9 & Foxtel SHAME!

Bagga28 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:31 pm

Hello everyone and welcome to the world of TV is bigger than Football.Thats what $150Mill buys you these days.......Its a bloody disgrace, we the supporters own football not TV nor the AFL..........It just a shame that we cant boycott the telecast all together

Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:52 pm

You'd think that when our President is the #1 face of one of the broadcasters, they could have got it right!
It is a real piss off.

'caveat pica pica'
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:08 pm

Doska's referring to the coverage, Black_White. Because Channel 9 are committed to Brisbane versus Melbourne, it means they'll pick-up the Collingwood-Adelaide game into the Second Quarter. There'll be no live coverage of the First Quarter, so Doska's suggestion was to move the game forward so there could be live coverage of all of it.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
The AFL Rant!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:42 pm

i'm tired of whingeing about this but NT gets no bloody second game at all meaning yet again, we miss seeing the pies game. if you guys dont want the 3 Q's on offer, send it up here.

MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:22 am

I'm grateful for the 3qrts we will be able to see, but I still think it stinks that a solution can't be worked out to televise the entire match (even in NT). I'm not convinced at all that the new footy TV conglomerate is actually doing a good job! I can't believe between the three of them that a sell-out match between 3rd and 4th on the ladder (both with a big supporter base) cannot be completely televised live. As usual it's the real supporters who miss out - and it's just not good enough!

GO PIES!
Marg

Millane42 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:33 am

Well if you guys think you've got it bad - get this:
The Collingwood v Adelaide match is telecast in Sydney at ....wait for it...at the early time of 2:00am monday morning!!yippee, i think i'll stay up to 4:30am and go straight to work!

i need to go and watch it on fox who show it delayed 8:30pm sunday night......i don't get the whole fox thing, why buy the footy channel when you can't even watch the game live????

"Grinners are Winners.."
Ed 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:42 am

In WA it starts at 4pm,second half only.
I am embargoing it and waiting until 830 for the full game with no ads on fox footy.
Not knowing the score until then will hurt,but as the whole game is not even on radio,i will manage.
It beats the crap out of the sunday movie and wimbledon so thats the way to go for me in WA.
nine lose another viewer.

Bones 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:54 am

Mr Packer has pulled the wool over the AFL's eyes and everyone elses...

Mr Wacker does not give 2 hoots about the AFL he is a bumsniffer man from waaay back.

AND I MISS YA BRUCIE!!!

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:20 am

lucky for you Melbourne people! live outside vic. and ch9 and AFL don't give a toss about you!
Bring back channel 7 I say! atleast we got to see football then.
If the AFL and ch9 think that I am going to watch every other game of football this weekend on not get to see the Magpies game they are kidding themselves, I'll be watching videos instead.

UP YOURS 9 and the AFL!!!

GOPIES 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:17 am

The match start has changed from 2:10pm to 2:40pm SA Time hence 3:10pm Melb so Melb viewers will miss about a quarter and a bit then the rest live...

HOT PIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:44 am

The story only gets better for WA regionals....foxtel is not available up here yet (unless you have a 12 meter dish and the illegal card) - yes 12 meters!!! The game we get is only highlights of the first 3 quarters and then a delayed replay of the full last quarter. Yeah, what a great deal we got. I'd give my right arm to listen to it live for a quarter or so and then watch it live for the rest. Maybe I should just move to Melbourne.

My oxygen is Collingwood. Without it I die.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 7:24 am

Channel 9 have made a complete STUFF-UP of the afl coverage.Why dosent Packer go sit on his packer,give the AFL back to Ch7 and leave it with CH10,so that he can keep his precious Thugby League (which really rates with the crowd.....45,000 to see seven games last weekend.
I can assure you that I am not getting out of bed at 5:00am on Monday morning to watch the PIES thrash the crows....when we can listen to it either on ABC radio or streaming through 5AA via the PC.
All that Packer wants to do is to say''''OOOOOHHHHHHlook how cleaver am I that we have got all the sport wrapped around our little finger''''''more like your little DI(K!!!!!!!!
Give back the AFL to channel 7,or give The Boss a payrise and LET him run it the way it should be run,and get your Thugby league a run LATER in the night.
At Least Ch10 is trying to do the right thing and proimote the game.....CH9 is more interested in buying TV Week than what they are with AFL

God this mob SH*T me to tears.
Dont tell me money speaks all languages......It sounds to much like a Poly that we all know....dont insult Matham either,as he is my local membre and WE are proud of him.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: