Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

WE ARE THE BEST SUPPORTERS!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:39 pm
Post subject: WE ARE THE BEST SUPPORTERS!Reply with quote

Membership record for Pies
Kevin Diggerson
collingwoodfc.com.au
5:07:10 PM Tue 25 June, 2002

Collingwood has established a club membership record, with 32,549 members signed for the 2002 season. The AFL released membership figures today, with the Magpies increasing membership by 3.5% over the 2001 figure.

The Magpies are one of only seven clubs to increase their membership for the 2002 season and their 32,549 members surpassed their previous record of 32,358 established in 1999.

Collingwood’s 24,522 adult members are the highest among Victorian clubs.

We are the best supporters in the history of footy everybody! Let's show them Kangaroos what we're made of!
Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*

http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, we are third overall, behind The Dawks and Esscumdon, in total membership.

"Racetracks are for racing, roads are for getting there."
Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:55 pm

just cause there's a lot of us doesn't mean we're the "best" - and even if we are there's still things we can do to support the boys a bit more. But it's nice to know the membership drive is paying off.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:42 am

It was good we have got recorded an increase for the club, however, dissapointing to see Hawthorn and Essendon still ahead. I do expect this to change in the next few seasons though.

JDF
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:50 am

Only equivalent adult home memberships (should) count.

Who cares if Essendon have 12,000 interstate and kid members who are only entitled to turn up to a couple of games. You need three or so of them to make up the money paid by one adult 11 game member. As most, well a lot, of us are actually 18 game members we make up for one 11 game member, 1 interstate member, and 2 or 3 kid members. So say 5.

If you adjust the figures on this basis, I am sure Collingwood would assume the mantle of leadership easily. As the club reported we have the highest adult Victorian membership.

They should stop reporting so called members, and report actual dollars received from members (for membership).

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:58 am

Good points Greg as i Belive we have the most what you would call full members.On the other hand I think it would be a good idea to have some more types of memberships.Like say 3,6 or 9 game memberships for people who can't afford the full packages or just can;t get to games regually.

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:16 pm

Well so-rry everybody! Aren't i allowed my point of view anymore! Just because i am 14 doesn't mean i don't have an opinion! I read your replies and Brown26 i am allowed to say we are the best if i think we are! We may not have the most memberships but i don't support Collingwood because of that! I support it because of the love and passion i have for Collingwood! What?, do u want me to go for Essendon or Hawthorn now, since they have more members! Ok then!

Go Bombers! You are the best!
I am now an official member of the Essendon Bombers and the Hawthorn Hawks!
I am now known as Miss Lisey Lloyd or Miss Lisey Barker

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

*~LiSeY~*
*~Jarrod Molloy's Number One Fan!~*
*~Jarrod is my baby and nobody else's~*
http://groups.msn.com/AlyssasCollingwoodClub

[This message has been edited by Miss_Lisey_Molloy (edited 26 June 2002).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Dgen 

Nick's BB Member #43

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:13 pm

paulie: I think your idea of smaller memberships is excellent. I don't know if it would be practicle but it's certainly something to look at.

Miss Lisey: I don't think that anyone said you aren't allowed a point of view. I think that everyone's point of view is welcomed here. Sometimes people may just disagree with you that's all.

'caveat pica pica'
RHYSTHEKING 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:31 pm

well collingwood have done accepsionaly well this year, u whatch all the pricks come out of the woodwork next year expect finals tickets and to get push in.

NICK DAVIS IS KING #19

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:37 pm

So Greg what your saying that my money as a interstate member is not as good as yours? I'd say mine is worth more B'cuase I recieve less for it!
so called members? kiss my @ss!

[This message has been edited by magpiemad (edited 27 June 2002).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:04 am

Lisey: Don't you think that it is double standards if you are allowed to have an opinion and someone else is not allowed to disagree to it (although he wasn't really disagreeing anyway).

Don't get all upset over nothing, your age never came into and usually never will.

JDF
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:05 am

We have tried to have the CFC include a membership package along with our Northernarmy membership. I find even to join as a social member is not viable as I receive no benefit from it. I know alot of interstate people who would love to become members if they could see some benefit for themselves. I know some of you will say the honour is worth it, but unfortunetly you southerners get to see the benefits from your membership. We have lobbied the club time and time again to come together with us for some sort of arrangement, however, they do not seem to interested in the interstate memberships. We want to promoter the Collingwood football club up here in Qld. CFC when you want to help us promote it drop us a line.

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:16 am

Perhaps someone should petition them for interstate memberships. Or even send lots of emails to them somplaining that there is no interstate memberships for people who need them.

JDF
ck_nd Pisces

Pie Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:10 pm

McGuane's 77 bounces, I beg to differ.

quote:
Our aim is to unite all pies fans in Sydney and until we get huge following at our functions the Collingwood Football Club will not support us and I don't blame them.
We haven't had a game in Sydney now for a few years and will probably not have one next year becuase Collingwood are going to support the W.A Magpies who have over 800 members and last year raised over 15k for the club.

McGuane's 77 bounces, how is Collingwood FC not supporting us?? The club was more than happy to see us start the Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club (SCSC). Yeah we have to do all the work after all it is us who wants the SCSC.

The SCSC won't bring The Club any money for a good few years till we find ourselves more established yet we have access to a Club paid employee who can help us co-ordinate functions should the team have a game up here. As well as all the other bits and pieces that Nicki has helped us with. (Thanks Nicki you are a gem.)

As for not having had a game here for a few years, yeah that bugs me too - I can't see how that is CFC's fault though. Last season it is the roos who wanted the venue changed to manure oval not Collingwood.

What I have heard from the AFL Rumour mill is that the AFL want Round 1, Season 2003 to be at Stadium Australia sydney scones v. Mighty Pies. (Yeah it is just a rumour but if it is true that the AFL want it they will probably fixture it.)

After all the Mighty Pies fill stadiums, and what a good money spinner would it be for the scones should we fill their stadium australia. (Hopefully it would stop the scones from further digging dosh out of OUR coffers - mind u while Colless is still at the helm I doubt it - look how they treat their own -- Mr Eade must be totally p!ssed that he didn't knick off to freo when it was up for grabs last season.)

As a supporter group we need to remember that we are NOT located in Melbourne (the home of our Mighty Pies and Footy in general), it means that well yeah we kinda' are not the number one priority for Collingwood Football Club.

We are hardly a huge money spinner - even the WA Pies are just a drop in the bucket of what it costs to run a football club. Naturally the club more than appreciates all the help that they get from the supporter groups - can't really say that any of the supporter groups are going to become million dollar sponsors any time soon.

I don't know what any one else who runs/ participates in a supporter group gets from it. There could be a variety of reasons for their participation from wanting a place to hang out with people with a common interest through to some kind of idea of personal glory and all the shades of grey inbetween.

I can only talk for myself when I say that I am doing it for My Club. The satisfaction that I get knowing that I am offering a haven for those of the Black and White faith to come together to watch a game when it is televised live. To be able to look around the room and see people who I don't know wearing our colours sitting about eating lunch before our game - what a buzz, there are Magpies I don't know yet (totally different from the way I grew up with footy either watching it alone or with a few friends), an opportunity to get our own functions together, our own meeting place with the use of a sister clubs premises (Western Sydney Magpies Australian Football Club.)

We are in Sydney establishing a Collingwood community in what is traditionally a rugby league area. (Not just Sydney - more specifically Croydon Park which is the site of the Western Sydney Magpies Aust Football Club.) When I said I wanted to "break new ground" in creating a Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club never did I think that it would end up meaning to re-educate a traditional league area to footy. I was thinking more along the lines of keep it to the North Shore and Eastern Suburbs which are Sydney's footy areas and organise a supporter group that more importantly is solid and can last the distance. We have had too many attempts to get a supporter group off the ground in Sydney only to have them all collapse.

For the record (and I know I am a Sydney-sider (born and bred in Sydney)) when I say this: Sydney is NOT the centre of the football universe -- Collingwood Football Club is.

Yes I hate living North of the Barassi line and after seeing another of them "What a week its been in Football" and so wanting to watch the AFL Footy show albeit at 1230am and then finding out that the tennis was on.... : : : Its just another one of those things that make me oh, so more sure that I want to immigrate to Melbourne. (Just have to figure out how to get my visa )

Go Pies! You are doing us Proud.

Carol

May the Wings of the Magpie touch every corner of the Nation!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:59 am

Magpiemad your money is every bit as good as mine, and counts just as much as mine, in terms of measuring club support, based on dollars earned from membership.

Carol, you must come down again, for a game this year. This time an MCG game, not Colonial. After seeing a pre-game Joffa speech in the Cricketers beergarden your desire to emigrate will be immense. 

Rule 1. Barrack for Collingwood
Rule 2. See rule 1.
Rule 3. There is no rule 3.

CARN DE PIES!
Greg J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: