Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Re: Fight at colonial

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ant 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:18 pm
Post subject: Re: Fight at colonialReply with quote

I was at the Collingwood v Roos game on Saturday night watching it from the 4th level with a few mates. We were basically seated behind the kangaroos cheer squad area where a bit of a punch on broke out just a couple of rows back from us. It was between a couple 16-17 years old, nothing too big, but the way security handled it was shocking. Firstly, it was a hassle just getting the attention of the security guards, who thoght they were just there to enjoy the game. It took like 8 rows shouting and hollering at them to make them realise they were needed. And secondly, they only really made their way up to the fight when the fight had broken up and it had seemed safe for them to approach. They then told them something like 'yeah get out of here, blah blah blah, fight outside or something' and that was that. I seriously think that they had no idea how to handle the situation, and would be utterly useless in a heavier situation. I dont really know where im going witht his... only to say that the security at football sucks. Thankyou

paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to adgree whole heartly with you there Ant .they seemed to have no idea at all.Yet at the end of the game when people are just enjoying themselves with a few chants and singing of the song security seems to be everwhere.Just in case people sing out of tune or something.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:33 am

Ah, so that's why all those Security people were hanging around. To arrest anyone singing out of tune.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There isn't a divvie van in the WORLD big enough to hold all the people who were singing out of tune in that circle the other night.

They should go into the players room after the game ... I reckon they could arrest the whole bloody team.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
paulie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:54 am

Then they could make their way to the pauperoos rooms and arrest them for impersonating a Football Club.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:17 am

ahhh!! Gots to luv dem here punch ons!!

Ive seen more punch ons at footy games, than footy games! lol
My brother and i have been going to footy games for years now, and i reakon almost fifty percent of those have had punch ons in the crowd near abouts where we were sitting.

Waverly Park was almost a guarantee every time to have a punch on! I remember when Carwatha and Wellington had a massive fight in one of the stands, one of me mates got whack'd with a hunk of wood! Great security!

But back to the original point, security sux!
every stadium, security sux!
overpaid and overrated! - they dont know shite!

Who loves ya Presti?
WE DO!
Lets Go Elvis Preslygiacomo
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:13 pm

Hey, I was around the same area and shortly afterward I went to get a drink only to see the two offenders arguing with security on the walkway outside the bar. It looked like they were protesting their innocence, or that they'd dropped something. Anyway, a few minutes later they were allowed back-up to get whatever they'd left behind.

My solution is ejector seats, so security never have to get close. Just hit a switch and eject the offenders right out of the stadium. I think that'd be an interesting diversion, particularly if they held it during the breaks between quarters.

And at the Colonic, imagine the splats they'd make on the roof - like bugs on a windscreen.

S.
The Last Remaining Bad Guy.
The Incandescent One.

The Collingwood Rant.
The AFL Rant!
The AFL Ranting Board.
Don’t believe the Facts until you’ve read the Rants!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: