Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

MATCH REPORT...COLL V ROOS

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:14 pm
Post subject: MATCH REPORT...COLL V ROOSReply with quote

here we are 3rd v 10th,unlike channel 9 on friday nights its only a 2 hour delay on channel 10 saturday night.
gee this delay shit,is really giving me the shits!!!!
anyway i wish fox had 2 channels and showed every game live.

enough bitching,on with the report.

the banner suggested we could dine on kangaroo pie tonight,sounds ok to me.
1st qtr
To start the scoreboard ticking leon snaps a point.
followed by freeza kicking a long point.
Burton is jumping higher than mckee without even jumping,and they are winning all the ruck hitouts,but we are getting more than our share of the spoils.
Nth get a couple of goals early as they play down the middle and we go the flank.
our forward line is set up wrong and not working.
taz is being killed by archer and we have nobody crumbing the contest.
fraser takes a great mark from a well set up buckley pass and goals.
Cummings has 3 on him every time we kick it long,and we have no crumbers,but of course with 3 on scotty we have 2 spare up field and nth cant clear the area and eventually freeza goals.
scrappy first qtr,tough hard footy from both sides.
15-14 at qtr time

2nd qtr
After 8 minutes of rugby scrums,Cummings is taken off and immediately taz finds room to move and marks,kicks long to Rocca and a goal results.
I feel sorry for cummings but he just doesnt fit in the way we bomb it in.and i think with him in the side taz suffers as well.
Nth bang on 3 goals in a few minutes.
But we fight back with goal to tarks after leon had just missed with a snap,then leon hits the post freeza snaps a point and tarks hits the post.
32-34 down at the half but the signs are there for improvement.
3rd qtr
Interspersed between many scrums and some great battles by our defence.We kicked 5 goals to bugger all in the qtr that wins matches.
Taz,Leon,Freeza,Rocca and Didak goal while the defence held nth to 4 pts.
it was just sheer hard work and the fact that we were prepared to back each other up at all times,and we never let nth get an easy kick that broke the game open.
I did make a note at the time that even tho Johnno is getting a lot of the ball and so is Cole,and both are playing ok,MM should ban both of them from ever kicking the ball again.
Turnovers supreme from them both all night and scotland again didnt do a lot with a heap of his possys.
64-38 up at 3/4 time
final stanza
To start the scoreboad going presti outpoints sav in a nth forward thrust and we go fwd thru cole and didak handballs to Taz in the square for a goal.
then sav gets away from Presti and he pases to Pickett and they goal,being a long suffering pie,im stil nervous.
We then pepper the goals,daks kicks 2 points,Lika and leon kick a point each.
then from a Buckley kick in after a nth point,betheras gets a free at CHB,pases to Taz who kicks into the square and JOSH!!!!!!!!!! takes a specky and goals.
Didak seems to be on his own as he takes 2 marks unapposed at CHF and 2 goals result.
A rather large lady then started singing a song or 2 out on the field.
leon then decided he needed a new car and set out to take mark of the year and each jump cost us a free and nth finished the game with 2 goals in red time.
93-60 we win.
votes.
2.Burns
2.Licka
2.Lockyer
1.McKee
1.Wakelin
1.Presti
1.Freeza

johnno and Cole wasted too many kicks to get votes but got plenty of it ditto scoots.
Leon and Didak played great second halfs after quiet 1st halfs.

All in all a good win.
great team effort and i thought MM used the bench to perfection.
Still think Taz has too many down qtrs,perhaps he could play forward flank more often,as he doesnt seem able to handle close marking by an archer type player.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

3 - presti
2 - mckee
1 - licka
honourable mentions - scotland, freeza, clement, tarks, burnsy.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:10 am

Took us half a game to assert ourselves ... but didn't we wipe the floor with them once we got fair dinkum.

Still the margin was disappointing. We really needed to humiliate that particular club. As it was, they came out of it with a respectable 5 or 6 goal loss to the greatest team in the competition. Not quite the kicking that the Kangaroos F.C. needs while it's down. If we could have done them by 10 or 12 goals they'd probably be extinct by Monday. Classic example of a missed opportunity.

Didak is an absolute gun. If we are less than a goal down in a Grand Final with a set shot at goal after the siren, I really hope Didak is the man with the ball.

I'm wondering about the future of Scott Cummings. He made only a very brief appearance tonight. I thought he appeared to be dragged for an undisciplined late tackle that cost us a free kick. Prior to that he'd been spoken to by the umpire for his pretty blatant sledging of Micky Martin. In fact, for a while there in the 2nd quarter, the by-play between Cummings and Martin was more interesting than the game itself.

I'll be surprised if Mr.Cummings gets a guernsey next week. I reckon we would have to be seriously under-manned up forward for him to come into the game plan again.

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net

[This message has been edited by Dr Alf Andrews (edited 30 June 2002).]
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 6:14 am

i think scotty got a knock on the hip. it was a bit sore so he went off. i still love him though. you can tell he loves the attention from the cheer squad.

PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:26 am

No-one covered the game last night.
ABC radio covered the Bris V Blues game and the Union game.
No-one else covered any PIES game.Arent we important any more.
I cant understand the ABC doing 2nd V last instead of a Melbourne game.
Channel 10 had the game on at 11;50pm,BUT as usual we all new the scores,becasue of Sky news was giving a running commentary.
I still like ch9 (tongue in cheeck) showing the Friday night games at 5:00am the next morning....why because of the bloody tennis???????
Should be interesting to see what games on on next weekend on both 10 and 9
Oh well I wont be around much longer,because of my trip coming up,but I still think that all TV channels are doing the wrong thing and that the fans are the ones suffering.....BUT who cares!!!!!!!!NO BLOODY ONE.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:46 am

One person forgotten about, Ben Johnson...shut down Byron.

JDF
molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:04 pm

I thought ABC did do the telecast? Well they did here in Tassie.
I even heard John Barnes apologise to all collingwood supporters for bagging the pies. To late to do that Barnes. Get off the bandwagon we never needed you on it.

My big concern is that we are still letting sides in games. Need to stay awake and not fall asleep.

GO THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!!!!!.

Jarrod Molloy RULES!!!!
*2002 Joint V.C*
Ed 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:20 pm

i forgot to add in the season vote tally to the report.
do any of you agree Licka is heading for a second copeland?
14.Lika
12.Bucks,Rocca
9.Burns,Cloke
7.Freeza,tarks
5.taz,mckee, leon davis
4.Fraser,Mcgeough,Holland,wakelin,presti.
2.Rupert,Clement,Richo,Johnno,Steiner,Boofa.
1.scotland,cummings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: