Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are all blokes suckers or what?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:44 pm
Post subject: Are all blokes suckers or what?Reply with quote

Recently, in the 'what cheeses you off' topic, I made mention of my housemate's girlfriend.
I don't like her (for a number of reasons), but one of them is the way she treats my housemate (who I think is a good bloke). I'm wondering what some of you chickies (and the guys that read this forum!) think about his and her behaviour.

My housemate (let's call him Rob) and this woman (we'll call her Jill) started going out a few years ago. They were off-on all the time, then broke up properly for about a year. Rob was seeing someone else didn't work out blah blah blah. Rob and Jill then got back together. They'd been together about a year again when Rob and I became housemates. He asked if it would be alright if Jill had a key to our house I said 'sure' thinking that it would just mean I or our other housemate (we'll call her Laura) didn't have to be home to let her in etc. What it meant however, was that Jill was ALWAYS at our place - when I say always, I mean always. From December (when we moved in) to March, there were 3 nights that she didn't spend at our place - and 2 of those nights she was away at some music festival.
She wasn't working at the time, so felt free to eat our food, use our internet, power, gas, water, washing machine, air con and never contributed a cent.
I was close to cracking and murdering her sleep, when in mid-March, suddenly she stopped coming around. Rob happened to mention that they'd broken up, because she was planning on heading back home (NZ) to do a course in a few months and wanted to break up before she left.

ANYWAY, about 3 weeks ago, she started coming around again. In the last two weeks, she had spent EVERY night at our place again, and was again free with her use of EVERYTHING and again wasn't contributing a cent.
We finally had a house meeting on Sunday night, when I explained that I don't like the way she treats our place like her own and makes me feel like I don't live here.
Rob explained that yet again she'd fallen on hard times (no work) so had no money for food/rent/fuel hence she wasn't contributing anything. He also explained that she'd just gotten a job, so wouldn't be around as much. Rob has even been paying her rent for the past 6 weeks! And he paid for her car to be repaired when she crashed it - all while they were broken up.
Basically, what happens is, every time Jill runs out of money, she comes running back to Rob, who will always bail her out.
Now Rob is nearly 30, financially secure, girls love him, but he has this ridiculous protective streak - he said "Jill is one of those people in my life who I will always be there to look after".

Sorry about the length of the post - What do people think of their behaviour? Do many women and men behave like this??? I would never behave like Jill has and find it incomprehensible that she has no trouble using him like this.

optimax 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Most guys have one girl that they will do anything for, always been there when they are in trouble or whatever.

The girl doenst necessarily have to be that guys GF wife or even ex GF, just a girl he is really close too.

Dont know why some guys just feel the need to look out for or even look afeter certain female freinds.

Also it doesnt mean they are all suckers or always are suckers with evryone, luckily i broke up with the girl i used to do everything for.

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Post subject: Re: Are all blokes suckers or what?Reply with quote

Nutmeg wrote:
My housemate (let's call him Rob) and this woman (we'll call her Jill) started going out a few years ago.

And Rob said to Jill: Why Marge, if this doesn't get your motor running, my name isnt Homer J Simpson!

anyways im with opti. i have that one girl like that as well

and as im imagining it, if she was jill and i was rob, i would do the same - ok actually maybe not to that extent becase im pretty mch broke lol
Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 pm

hey im in the same boat when i think about it.

there is 1 chick that i like and do anything for, even thou i dont have money but still do stuff for her.

must be something with us guys in caring about other ppl.
optimax 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:23 pm

Add on when she was desperate for money to repay her sister i did give the said girl a couple of hundred, and well probably would again lol
optimax 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Ash10 wrote:
I dont get how someone could use others like that Confused The guilt would get at me bad!

Yeah gets me sometimes too, i dont do half as much for her as i once did.

The fact you would feel guilty proves you are a good person mate

JacJacJacqui Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:36 pm

She sounds like a dead beat and he sounds like a sucker for someone who's going to suck the life out of him.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Who'sOnO'Bree Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:25 am

I'm with you Jac Jac. Nicely said.
I think this "Rob" fella needs to take the keys off "Jill". Otherwise he might lose his housemates and then he'd be stuck with her on his own and all the time.

Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:53 am

We got the key off her and now she has a job, she won't be around so much.

I can't believe how many guys here are prepared to do anything for that 'one special girl'! This is what I mean about all guys being suckers. Jill treated Rob like shite but he just keeps going back. He can't form a new relationship cos of this biatch hanging around all the time.

all's I can say is she must be dynamite in the sack!

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Depends how long the job lasts. Girls like that are hopeless cases. And usually they don't want to work, either. She'll keep sucking him dry until he wakes up to himself and realises he's being used. I couldn't do that to someone either. I feel bad just ringing a mate of mine I haven't seen in ages because he's good with cars, when mine broke down. I'm going to take a six pack of beer or half a slab over when he's off work to thank him. But girls like that never thank anyone. They just take and take.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:06 pm

if she keeps sucking him dry i dont think he'll ever want to wake up Laughing
Kate1985 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Kingswood wrote:
if she keeps sucking him dry i dont think he'll ever want to wake up Laughing

As much as this comment made me laugh, I gotta say I hope she keeps her job and stops causing you pain. It's annoying to see her relying on you and your housemates to keep her out of debt. I live by myself and try my hardest to keep out of debt as well as I can now, and have lived in Melbourne outside of my family for 4 and a half years while going to uni and it is easier now having a full-time job.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:43 pm
Post subject: Re: Are all blokes suckers or what?Reply with quote

Kingswood wrote:
And Rob said to Jill: Why Marge, if this doesn't get your motor running, my name isnt Homer J Simpson!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Laughing Laughing

I was thinking the exact same thing!! Razz

Back to the topic at hand, where the hell are these guys that do stuff for a 'special girl'???? I have always been the girl who pays for everything and just get taken advantage of!!

When I was in my first serious relationship, I was 16 and he was 19.. I worked 2 afternoons a week, and one day on the weekend and made like $120.. He was a full time baker making $440..

However, he would pay off his car, pay his mum board, pay whatever else, and then decide he wanted to go out and do stuff on the weekend etc.. I wouldn't spend a cent all week, and on Sunday morning, I was flat broke!!

This sucks! Tell Rob to ditch Jill, and take me out hahaha!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Ash10 wrote:
I know what ya mean Alyssa,I just told a guy where to go as I could see a similar situation coming up for sure

It sucks, doesn't it?!

Why do you boys do this to us?!! How mean! Sad Razz

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Ive been single for nearly 4.5 years now - I've finally worked out what I'm doing wrong!
Obviously, being independent, treating guys like equals, treating them like human beings and wanting to have a life OUTSIDE of a relationship is not what guys want!

Oh well...might just have to put on 20kgs, remove half of my brain, have a tanty every time something doesn't go my way, treat everyone like they're dirt on the bottom of my shoe, that way I'll be Jill, and can get some poor sucker like Rob to pick up the tab!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Chicks Channel All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: