Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpires were dirty cheating a**holes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:24 pm
Post subject: Umpires were dirty cheating a**holesReply with quote

and no, i have not had anything to drink.

I am absolutely pissed off.

Never in my entire life of watching the pies play have i seen a more one sided disgracefully out and out cheating display by the scumpires.

I don't think it directly cost us the game but any momentum we could get was quickly snuffed out by the umpires.

What about the 2 square push in the backs in the last quarter that the scum got away with that both resulted in goals. But shawry uses his body to perfection and gets pinged.

80 meter penalties, frees when the pies player didn't even make contact, then 50 on top of it. It was joke. I could go on. I'm sure there were some more glaring ones i haven't mentioned.

It's time for a collingwood player to come out and say it, pay the $20k and be looked after for the rest of the season, it worked for Turd.

Having said all that we were pretty pathetic today and didn't deserve to win but it should have been much closer.
Magpie Mustafa 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreee 100%
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:30 pm

sure they are bad but if essendon have more possesions than us and we are the would be tacklers you are always going to give away more free kicks.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:31 pm
Post subject: Re: Umpires were dirty cheating a**holesReply with quote

punkologist wrote:
and no, i have not had anything to drink.

I am absolutely pissed off.

Never in my entire life of watching the pies play have i seen a more one sided disgracefully out and out cheating display by the scumpires.

I don't think it directly cost us the game but any momentum we could get was quickly snuffed out by the umpires.

What about the 2 square push in the backs in the last quarter that the scum got away with that both resulted in goals. But shawry uses his body to perfection and gets pinged.

80 meter penalties, frees when the pies player didn't even make contact, then 50 on top of it. It was joke. I could go on. I'm sure there were some more glaring ones i haven't mentioned.

It's time for a collingwood player to come out and say it, pay the $20k and be looked after for the rest of the season, it worked for Turd.

Having said all that we were pretty pathetic today and didn't deserve to win but it should have been much closer.

i wasnt there Punk mate,and i feel your pain and anger.I saw a bit on the telly,and to me,the umps do as they always do,give us bugger all.I can honestly say i have not felt this flat and disgusted at a Pies loss since the 03 GF,its a bitter disappointment-and where the hell do we go from here????????? Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:32 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
sure they are bad but if essendon have more possesions than us and we are the would be tacklers you are always going to give away more free kicks.

its not the count of frees, its the manner in which they were/were not given
collingwoodfan Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:33 pm

the umps were disgusting no dobut about it
flamebender Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:33 pm

I have said it before and I will say it again. Where the AFL can generate interest into teams and generate income from them they will at all costs.

The maggots made it more than obvious today!

GO PIES!

PS: Quartermaine (commentator) you are a fool!
Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:37 pm

They were the worst i've seen them all year. Against St Kilda they were horrible for 10 minutes...against Brisbane the same....but today they were WOEFUL all day.

Did it cost us the game? probably not...but if that is supposed to be any consolation for their incompetence, you may as well get a shovel and bury your head in concrete, because sand isn't permanent enough.

I thought Maxxy and Harry were extremely lucky to get away with one or two holds late in the game....and Heath Shaw should have been done twice more for blatant and STUPID pushes in the back, and Maxxy for an arm chop.

...but these PALED into insignificance against the veritable piñata of imbecility that was the umpiring today. They were red hot on holding the ball when it was bull...but SECONDS later on the opposite wing they let two go.

Jumper punch? well apparently you only get reported if you wear black and white...doesnt matter if you do it 2 seconds early and provoke the reportable one.

David Hille....yes Ch10...lets gush in our pants about how brilliant he is while he pushes someone square in the back and a goal results. Malcolm Blight was the only one in that box with enough balls to tell Quarterbrain he is full of shit.

2minutes earlier, Medhurst (i think) had just been pinged for the same thing.

Speaking of Medhurst....how exactly are you supposed to follow your man as he runs thru the mark? Try and run around the back? %$^£$%^&%% no...that gets you a 60 (yes, 60) metre penalty. Disgrace. Considering you are in fact allowed to run across the mark when chasing your opponent, what the **** was the umpire thinking?

Yet for us to get 50, you have to be a young player in his first year, and get absolutely smashed to the ground after taking a mark by a guy who was 20m away when you took it.

How about Breezy on the HBF near the boundary? slung off the ball....no free...bombers collect and goal.

Just a sickening display of poor umpiring all round. Yet i still think, despite all the bullshit, we could have won the game. Forget the final score....we had 3 shots before 3/4 time...and about 3 shots after that should have put us 2 goals up with all the running. Theres no excuse for those misses by Cloke, Swan and Wellingham...none at all....but ffs, the umpiring has reached an all new low.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:39 pm

I can not experience pain. Er. Are you married or single?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Usually I don't blame umpires for losing and when umpiring is bad, it usually goes 50:50, but I make an exception in this instance to the two lame excuses with No. 1 and 5 on their backs, who destroyed a game of football today. Essendon could have beaten us on their merit with the way we were comprehensively out-coached today, but it took two life-time Essendon supporters mascarading as umpires who handing the game to them.
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:42 pm

Can just be summed up by the non free when Laycock took the ball out of the ruck, tried to take players on, got tackled, dropped the ball, and nothing was given.

Well that and the 15 other dodgy free kicks that went against us.

It also appears that if you were the #5 jumper for Essendon, it is very much like the immunity idol on Survivor.

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:46 pm

very one sided umpring...dont think anyone can dispute that.

Unfortunately we cannot complain because it had no impact on the game...Essendon were the much better side. Instead of losing by 50, we wouldve lost by 30.

But that was a terrible display

virgomag 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Spot on punkologist, perfect infact !!!

If they are going to pay them at one end then they have to pay them at the other.

Why the hell does it seem so phuq'n one sided against Collingwood ???

Obviously the AFL think that it doesn't matter whether they win or lose the faithfull will always turn up and give us our money. If the other clubs don't get a fair shot they wont turn up and there goes thousands of dollars in our kitty ?????

It wasn't just the umpiring that cost us today, we were flat, some of the match up's were mind boggling and the constant inclusions of turn-over kings doesn't help but yeah............... the umpiring was really frustrating!!
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:50 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Unfortunately we cannot complain because it had no impact on the game...Essendon were the much better side. Instead of losing by 50, we wouldve lost by 30.

Don't be a bottler.

They had six free kicks inside their forward 50 in the first three quarters.

six

That's six shots at goal, thanks to the umpires.

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Quote:
its not the count of frees, its the manner in which they were/were not given

I know what you are saying, but if you really scrutinise every contest you could pick out a hold, too high etc free kick. the umps always pick a tiggy touchwood frees and they are always close to goal and then they do not pay the same incident at the other end maybe there needs to be a new stat goals from soft free kicks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8   

Jump to: