Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpires were dirty cheating a**holes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trezegol wrote:
Stop blaming umpires for the 'amatuer hour' that is the Collingwood Football Club.

You don't lose a game by 48 points because of umpires. You lose it because you are soft.

The more we blame umpires, the less likely we are to winning a flag.

One cant solely blame the umpiring you are absolutely correct. But the facts are they did not help us. infact for most of the match it looked as though they were bending us over at every oppertunity.
I reckon it's time our club make some type of official complaint. We all know the standard of umpiring is shit if no one agreed with that assumption you know nothing about footy.

I would of thought if one paid a shit decision down one end resulting in the opposition getting a goal the same shit decision would have to be paid up the other end allowing our boys in for an easy goal..NO not these umpiring bastards we had yesterday.
Since round 2 against Brisbane at the GABBA the umpiring has been very ordinary, I reckon at least four games this year we've lost because of sub standard umpiring towards our club.
25-12 off the top of my head was the final free kick count from yesterday can someone correct me if im wrong ?
I wish our club could of been on the recieving end of all the crap decisions that went essendons way yesterday if it had the end result would not have been what it was.
Only four weeks to go of this madness..Thank God!!

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 am

Trezegol wrote:
Stop blaming umpires for the 'amatuer hour' that is the Collingwood Football Club.

You don't lose a game by 48 points because of umpires. You lose it because you are soft.

How many people in this thread have said "its not the reason we lost, but..."?
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:43 am

Trezegol wrote:

This is it, kids. This is the reason why they get away with it.

Every single non-Collingwood supporter loves to watch us lose and don't seem to see the crap dished out to us (the bombers fans sitting around me were complaining about the few frees we did get, for chrissake), and then even our own think they can take the supposed moral high ground and put 100% of the blame on the players and none on the umpires.

I have said this before - it is NOT a sign of good character to accept incompetent or dishonest umpiring and not speak out against it. It is PISSWEAK. A person with character will speak out against injustice wherever he sees it - I think Martin Luther King said something like that at one stage. He didn't say, "I'm not gonna blame my crap life on prejudice and discrimination - I've just gotta work harder and not complain when a white man steals my shit."

j@. Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 am

The Umpiring is cr@p full stop for everyone. When plebs like Mark Fine & KB on SEN stops dismissing the inept officating as nothing more than sour grapes on behalf of supporters, then maybe the AFL will take it seriously and address it?
gregpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:09 pm

Quote:
Never in my entire life of watching the pies play have i seen a more one sided disgracefully out and out cheating display by the scumpires

You must'nt get to many games because it happens every week.
What was the free kick count this week anyway? 30 Bombers 15 Pies and 10 of those 30 were in front of goal?
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Whilst the umpiring has been bad we are the worst club at dealing with it.

Did it occur to anyone that the free kick count was so high in the first and third quarter because THEY F***** CONTROLLED 80% OF THE PLAY?

Good teams dont let the f'ing momentum swing 30-40 points against average teams because a few free kicks go against them.

We did not touch the ball for the first 5 minutes. I think that says a lot more about us than the umpires.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:34 pm

^ Spot on mate. The one that amuses me most is the general consensus that the free kick count needs to be even to determine wether the umpires have done a good job or not? I mean seriously, WTF? "Hey, let's not pay team A that free kick because team B has been paid 5 less.. I don't care if he kicked him in the head, we have to even it up!" haha, yeah right! Rolling Eyes
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:34 pm

lethalburns wrote:
Whilst the umpiring has been bad we are the worst club at dealing with it.

Did it occur to anyone that the free kick count was so high in the first and third quarter because THEY F***** CONTROLLED 80% OF THE PLAY?

Good teams dont let the f'ing momentum swing 30-40 points against average teams because a few free kicks go against them.

We did not touch the ball for the first 5 minutes. I think that says a lot more about us than the umpires.

Come on now, we can't let facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory rant can we?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
Trezegol wrote:

One cant solely blame the umpiring you are absolutely correct. But the facts are they did not help us. infact for most of the match it looked as though they were bending us over at every oppertunity.
I reckon it's time our club make some type of official complaint. We all know the standard of umpiring is shit if no one agreed with that assumption you know nothing about footy.

I would of thought if one paid a shit decision down one end resulting in the opposition getting a goal the same shit decision would have to be paid up the other end allowing our boys in for an easy goal..NO not these umpiring bastards we had yesterday.
Since round 2 against Brisbane at the GABBA the umpiring has been very ordinary, I reckon at least four games this year we've lost because of sub standard umpiring towards our club.
25-12 off the top of my head was the final free kick count from yesterday can someone correct me if im wrong ?
I wish our club could of been on the recieving end of all the crap decisions that went essendons way yesterday if it had the end result would not have been what it was.
Only four weeks to go of this madness..Thank God!!

Joffa,I wasnt there yesterday,but you make some good points on this umpiring bias against the Pies,its gone on for a long time.
However,i just saw on the tele former Magpie champion Brian Taylor empahtically state that"Look,absoulutely the umpires had no bearing on this game whatsoever,they did not influence the result one bit,so called bad umpiring did not help essendon one iota,umpires cannot be blamed in any way for the loss"unquote.He was so adamant he was right,even the host of the show said"there were a few strange decisions that helped the Bombers surely?",but no,BT rambled on,stuck to his guns,and said the umpires had no influence on the game,at all.Comments please. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:51 pm

fence-banger wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
ya gotta love a good conspiracy theory - even if its wildly wrong. Twisted Evil

RocketRonnie,
how about you proving that the conspiracy theory is wrong.

I have already in the terms that Dave has put it forward. Dave provided no evidence to show that it is true. Therefore, in the absence of positive evidence to the contrary, I make the reasonable assumption that the situation does not exist. Before someone brings it up, the absence of a thing does not prove its existence.

Next?

daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Although the umpires didnt change the result, the decision that did baffle me was the 50 given against Anthony after the O'bree shepard (which was there). Anthony takes the MARK and plays on STRAIGHT after hearing the umpire blow this whistle. Now surely Anthony would of thought that the umpire blew his whistle to award a mark not for a free kick payed behind him. Use your brains you F%$£wit of an ump.
One thing that Malthouse teams have been well known for is its decipline and I didnt see that yesterday. Very dissappointed.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:57 pm

Piesnchess, BT has to keep up the charade that he is an impartial commentator despite being employed by the Pies. That's why he will say crap like that.

I don't know that there is a concerted campaign against us but the first quarter last week and the entire game yesterday have some eery similarities. I think Eddie's comments on that stupid radio station MMM (try some professionalism you twits... instead of bring up in jokes every 5 seconds that are funny to only you - god I hate the fact my phone only has FM) about Didak's report said it all. How could the umpire sit there, watch the Bummer twit jumper punch Didak, do nothing, then as soon as Didak retaliates - bang - free kick to the cheaters.

Grrrr, I don't think we would have beaten them but the fact that we played for 10 minutes for the entire game and that was enough to bring us level makes me think if things had been a smidge more even we would have at least been 4-5 goals closer and after that who knows.

Enough said.... I'll start cringing now in preparation for Friday night's game.

J

EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:16 pm

zoom_ZOOM wrote:
We probably still would have lost the game but you can never tell what impact the umpires have on our players' confidence and on the momentum of the game. By god I was infuriated watching the game though.

The look of of "dumbfounded" on some faces would suggest - it's eating them.

Heath Shaw gave away a 50m penalty for not swearing but simply pointing at the umpire..how bloody precious.

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:31 pm

frankiboy wrote:
^ Spot on mate. The one that amuses me most is the general consensus that the free kick count needs to be even to determine wether the umpires have done a good job or not? I mean seriously, WTF? "Hey, let's not pay team A that free kick because team B has been paid 5 less.. I don't care if he kicked him in the head, we have to even it up!" haha, yeah right! Rolling Eyes

So forget the free kick count...look at the free kicks.

When Scott Lucas had his arm around Harry's stomach holding him to teh ground off the ball? Good decision?

Medhurst 50 while following an opponent BEHIND the mark? good?

Scott Burns pushed off the ball by Hille? Good?

Laycock taking the ball out of the ruck, tackled, play on?

Medhurst throwing his body on the ball and not being pinged? still okay?

Maxwell holding onto oldmates arm like it was a chinup bar, and no free?

Didak punching Watson, report. Watson punching Didak, no report?

Lucas reported for that soft as butter forearm to Harry's shoulder?

Ball on the boundary line, Obree tackled while over it, then slung off the ball over the line and held to the ground. Nothing.

Yep....the umpiring was brilliant.

Forget the free kick count if you like, its just a stat, and forget the result of the game and who shoulda woulda coulda won or lost....look at the decisions of the game and tell me you are happy with the level of accuracy for the elite level of the sport.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:37 pm

Here's some evidence Rocket Ronnie.

First I'll state my theory. In a nutshell, the umps have it in for us. It's no particular ump or set of umps, it's the lot, which means it has to be a conspiracy. You can call me a hysterical nutjob if you want, but here are the stats.

Free kicks for vs Free kicks against = 305 - 283. If you divide one by the other to get a percentage, as we do for points scored for and against, you get 92.8%. I haven't done the other teams this year but last year we finished on around 84%, and Freo was the only team that fared worse. Most teams fell between 96% and 104%, which is what you'd expect. West Coast and Brisbane were way over the odds at around 115%.

At this point some of you are thinking that teams that get to the ball first get more free kicks, etc etc. But Lions weren't that good last year. And my argument, supported by evidence as RocketRonnie requested, doesn't end there.

You see, I think a HUGE discrepancy between frees for and against, especially seasons in a row, would start to look bad and even ostriches with their heads in the sand might start to wonder. So they make sure we get our fair share in games that are over anyway, in order to make the overall tallies respectable.

This year, I think the games that were over by 3 quarter time were the first against the Bombers, the Cats, the Eagles, the Hawks, the Tigers and the Swans (the margin was only 26 but the Swans kicked only one goal in the 2nd and 3rd quarters - it was over). Analysing our games in two groups, the close games vs. the spankings, yields the following results:

Close games: Frees for - 173 Frees against - 206 Percentage 84%

Spankings: Frees for - 110 Frees against - 99 Percentage 111.8%

Which represents a percentage difference of nearly 28% between games where the odd free kick didn't matter, and games where it really, really did, the Lions and the Roos just as HUGE, GLARING examples.

If someone can give me a logical explanation for this which doesn't involve the umpires being unscrupulous cheats, I'd love to hear it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: