Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpires were dirty cheating a**holes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my eighth can and still isn't getting any better. Stuff blaming the umpires, ya can get stuffed. they flogged us, plain and simple. eight goals and they have 25 players available on their list?? so would it make it better if five or six of those decisions went our way and we lost by a couple of goals? Excuse me, I need another can.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:40 pm

A very poor umpiring display.
My favorite decision was the fifty paid against Travis for, and I quote, "you pointed your finger at me, that's fifty" Shocked That's what was clearly heard over the TV.
At the end of the day the Pies were soundly beaten, but at least if the umpiring is good it can make the loss a little (only a little) easier to swallow.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:40 pm

Podpicken wrote:
I'm on my eighth can and still isn't getting any better. Stuff blaming the umpires, ya can get stuffed. they flogged us, plain and simple. eight goals and they have 25 players available on their list?? so would it make it better if five or six of those decisions went our way and we lost by a couple of goals? Excuse me, I need another can.

8 more and you'll be getting warmed up. Wink

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:04 pm

What gets me is the nature of the umpiring...early in the third qtr we had swung the game and had gotten to within 2 points when within a 5 minute period the Umpires gave Essendon 5 free kicks, 3 directly in front of goal and the others were inside the attacking half for the bummers which resulted in goals...AND with the free kicks they just decided to overlook, the umpires swung the momentum back to the bummers...I honestly think they are ruining a great game...the standard of umpiring in a lot of games this year has been so poor that it almost makes me want to just start following the local footy and forget about the AFL all together!

Cheers

Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 pm

If you honestly don't think we could have won that game if the umpiring had been impartial, fair and accurate, you don't understand the nature of momentum anywhere near as well as those cheating pricks do.

Twice we came back at them, and twice our flow was interrupted by consecutive terrible decisions that took the ball off us in our attacking 50 and delivered the ball into their hands in front of goal.

It was not simply bad umpiring, it was cheating. 24 free kicks to 12 the last time i saw it on the big screen. Last week it was 9-1 in the first quarter, favouring the Roos.

No doubt we did plenty of stupid things today, but so did the Dons and they got away with it because they were being propped up by dirty cheating bastards

cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:42 pm
Post subject: Re: Umpires were dirty cheating a**holesReply with quote

punkologist wrote:
and no, i have not had anything to drink.

I am absolutely pissed off.

Never in my entire life of watching the pies play have i seen a more one sided disgracefully out and out cheating display by the scumpires.

I don't think it directly cost us the game but any momentum we could get was quickly snuffed out by the umpires.

What about the 2 square push in the backs in the last quarter that the scum got away with that both resulted in goals. But shawry uses his body to perfection and gets pinged.

80 meter penalties, frees when the pies player didn't even make contact, then 50 on top of it. It was joke. I could go on. I'm sure there were some more glaring ones i haven't mentioned.

It's time for a collingwood player to come out and say it, pay the $20k and be looked after for the rest of the season, it worked for Turd.

Having said all that we were pretty pathetic today and didn't deserve to win but it should have been much closer.

I just dont want to go anymore... Ive said it so many times before its not the teams playing each other its the umpires playing their game.... That was atrocious today...blatant cheating by the umpires and it has to stop...how can u justify 20frees to 10 by half time... I really dont know what the count finished at.... couldnt be bothered.... Im just so over it

jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 pm

CamGivesMeWood wrote:
No doubt we did plenty of stupid things today, but so did the Dons and they got away with it because they were being propped up by dirty cheating bastards

Never a truer word spoken. What about the goal that came from the Hille push in the back on Burnsie in the ruck. Should have been a free. On the other hand, where the hell were our rucks?!! The story of the day. Bad umpiring, and even worse decision making by everyone in black and white and in the coaches box. A shocker of Jurassic proportions. Shocked
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:54 pm

25 to 12 frankie. if i had not have watched last night's game i'd be convinced the umpires solely targetted us. they were equaly atrocious.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:59 pm

I thought a lot of the frees against us came from obvious indiscipline, as did the fifties. Every man and his dog knows arguing with umps gets a fifty but still we did it (and do it week in , week out). Someone needs to gag Heath Shaw and Cloke because they are both serial offenders. Essendon got away with a bit but then the team in front at the ball usually do. That bloody push in the back rule has been in long enough for players to have worked it out but still some of them persist in doing blatantly - (Heath Shaw again).

The umpiring was inconsistent and over technical (the two reports were both jokes) but we need to be smarter in how we play the man in contests. A lot of our problems are stemming from our own indiscipline.

We need to get smarter quick to stop giving the umpires excuses to pay inconsistent and over technical free kicks and fifty metre penalties.

Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:04 pm

they kicked us in the balls that for sure, I don't know, when i was watching i just feel like our team doesn't lift unless we go in as under dogs, seriously i no its a stupid thing to say but they look so casual and get repeatably beatn by sides like this
~Madness~ Aries

...The Cat...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 pm

A couple of them baffled me. Once when the wankers took it out of the ruck after a bounce, were caught and no holding the ball called.

O'Bree's shepherd within 5 metres of the ball which was given a free against. Two decisions which really had me speechless.

We did not get one free kick in the last quarter. It was 22-12 at 3/4 time and can't recall their amount, but we were still 12 at the end.

mel_kay39 

PIES PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Yes the umpiring was abysmal. And yes, Heath Shaw and Cloke are serial offenders, particularly with the hands in the back rule, which I thought was bullshit when it came in, but unfortunately it stuck and players have had enough time to get used to it. I will stand up for Shaw however when i say that one of his frees against for hands in the back was utter BS cos he was using a forearm, and it was one of the few incidents channel ten actually chose to replay, so everyone would have seen it wasn't hands in the back. Last I heard, forearms were allowed.
The thing that pissed me off was like someone else said - every single time we seemed to get a run on; when we had gotten to within a few points, the umpires stopped the Pies momentum in it's tracks and gave the Bummers the ball. It really got me angry, and I even switched off for a few minutes in the third quarter. Couldn't handle not knowing the outcome though, and turned the TV back on. Now I wish I hadn't. Over this game. Bring on next week. We play the Hawks, so we'll be underdogs. The boys might actually come to play.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:29 pm

~Madness~ wrote:
A couple of them baffled me. Once when the wankers took it out of the ruck after a bounce, were caught and no holding the ball called.

O'Bree's shepherd within 5 metres of the ball which was given a free against. Two decisions which really had me speechless.

We did not get one free kick in the last quarter. It was 22-12 at 3/4 time and can't recall their amount, but we were still 12 at the end.

More than a couple baffled me, quite a few did but I still reckon our players need to just STFU when we get crap decisions.

rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
~Madness~ wrote:

More than a couple baffled me, quite a few did but I still reckon our players need to just STFU when we get crap decisions.

Yes there is too much indiscipline and tantruming when they get decisions against them - rightly or wrongly. They drop their heads too easily. They need to suck it in and just get on with it. It happens way too often and I think its about time the coaching staff came down hard on it.

Zakal 

One Game, One Club, One Jumper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:39 pm

The problem with umpiring is getting worse, and i dont think its just a perception. Here's my theory:

In the last 5 years or so, the AFL has used the umpires to "crack down" on so many different things. The result has a much stricter level of umpiring. Now thats all well and good, except the umpires are human...they make mistakes.

You cannot try and enforce a machine-like code of umpiring and not end up over-officiating the game.

...as a result, you notice when mistakes are made.

If they relaxed a bit and let the game flow a bit more...and yes, this means a winding back of the strict interpretations of a LOT of the rules. Hands in the back, arm chopping and the like. In addition, Head High Contact needs to be HEAD HIGH...not 'over the shoulder.' I dont know of a single player who has had his collar bone broken by an opponents arm making contact with his shoulder in a marking contest.

RELAX!

We always say...well these are the rules, how long have you had to learn them? Thats all well and good, but seriously, how many free kicks do we think there SHOULD be per game if everyone knew the rules? None? Well no, Holding the Ball is the only "positive" free kick there is, as its a reward for a positive act by a player, not a penalty for a negative act. The Tackler is rewarded for locking up the opponent. So thats not an infringement per se.

So except for holding the ball...there should be NO infringements.
Can this happen under our present system? No.

It can't happen because the rules in place are at logger-heads with the very nature of league footy. Accidents happen, people ARE going to get hurt. Fair enough cut out the DELIBERATE infringements like punching someone in the head, or headlocks and shit like that. Its probably not unreasonable to penalise the stupidly reckless acts too...like trying to kick a footy that three players have their hands on. Youre probably not deliberately trying to hurt them, but you're being stupid. Free kick.

But shit, Tarkyn Lockyer's head high contact free was a joke. The ball bounced funny (as oval balls tend to do) and he stuck his arm out CLEARLY to gather it as it bounced....Essendon player ran straight into his arm....Free kick. Piss off. It was an accident, there was no force to it...that should NOT be a free kick.

Ditto the free on Pendlebury that resulted in 50 at the very start. He grabbed oldmates shoulder from behind (his arm was resting across oldmates shoulder) and pulled him off the ball. Again, thats a free kick under the current rules, but it shoudlnt be. Absolutely no danger in that, just the interpretation of the rule getting confused with the spirit of the rule.

If they insist on maintaining this Draconian style of umpiring, they simply must open up umpires stats to public discussion and criticism. You cannot hide the mistakes they make and pretend they dont exist.

They need to get a lot smarter about they way they are handling this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: