Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Carlton and Italy double

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:13 am
Post subject: Carlton and Italy doubleReply with quote

Can't help meself. First Carlton by a point and then Italy out of the World Cup to an outsider like South Korea!

As I said elsewhere, if we have to have a loss, this aint a bad way to soothe the pain (apologies to the intelligent and handsome Collingwood fans of Italian extraction).

Its good for football!

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
MarkT 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What does Carlton's plight have to do with Italy? Carlton have quite a few Italian supporters but to rejoice in Italy's loss because of that fact seems a little unenlightened to me.

Still good to see the scum suffer though. That must make this almost the season we all dreamt about. Our young side showing real signs that they have a huge future and carlton's old side showing the opposite.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:50 am

"What does Carlton's plight have to do with Italy?"?? "Unenlightened"????

Have you beento a Carlton/Collingwood game?

"I am disrespectful to scum! Can you see I am serious!"
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:35 am

I think Italy's elimination from the World Cup is hilarious ... quite apart from Carlton's plight.

Two separate issues ...

Carlton on bottom of the ladder ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... suck shit, you losers.

Italy out of the World Cup ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... suck shit, you losers.

COME ON ENGLAND
COME ON ENGLAND ...

I suppose people link the Carlton/Italy thing because of all that carry-on in Lygon Street ... but that's got nothing to do with soccer or the Carlton F.C. really. It's just a bunch of Australian kids (who just happen, in some cases, to have Italian parents or grand-parents) celebrating their imagined Italianness in a public place by carrying on like total dickheads.

These people aren't Italians ... they're Australian wogs. Mind you, there's a fair chance a lot of them barrack for Carlton, which makes their loss all the more hilarious.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

COME ON, ENGLAND
COME ON, ENGLAND

Of course, you'd never find the English behaving like that because of a mere soccer result now, would you?

floreat pica
My Ph.D. thesis, "Football: the People's Game?" is now available for viewing and/or downloading at http://alf.magpies.net
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:47 am

On the subject of people pretending to be things they are not. ie. Australians with Italian parents thinking they are actually Italian.

DON'T YOU JUST HATE THAT????

I mean why do you have to go overboard and pretend your Italian or whatever else you think you are, YOU are an Australian with ethnic heritage. That does not mean your were BORN in that country. GRRRR, now I'm not making any sense so I will just shut up.

JDF
Brown26 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 10:01 am

The thing on Lygon Street last tuesday was pretty funny. There were heaps of cops, but only a handful of people were causing problems. Most of the people were really upset, too upset to trash things, like crying and stuff.

And I don't think it's a problem when Australians of Ethnic heritage remember bring their traditinoal culture here, (chinese food, pasta, hotdogs... mmm...) but if we make the WC in four years they damn well better be supporting us!!!

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
I@n S 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 5:42 pm

COME ON ENGLAND!

Yes good riddance to Italy! They play dirty and deserve everything they get. And sacking the Korean striker for getting the winner. LOL @Italy YOUR GOING HOME WITH THE ARGES!

[This message has been edited by I@n S (edited 20 June 2002).]
I@n S 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:16 pm

Thats for sure. ENGLAND ALL THE WAY

[This message has been edited by I@n S (edited 21 June 2002).]
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:02 am

WhyPhilWhy?
People of Italian origins are not all Carlscum supporters. That is a stupid and ill-informed statement. That is an absolutely disgraceful remark. Take it back...now I want an apology. I farking hate Carlscum. Do not ever...ever...ever put Italians and Carlscum in the same sentence. I despise Carlscum. Yuk Yuk Yuk.

[This message has been edited by Clemo (edited 21 June 2002).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:07 am

Brown26 - I don't find it a problem that people bring their heritage here, it's when they barrack for another country when they were actually born in Australia. Especially when Australia is competing.

However, with that said, I suppose it is alright for people to pretend they were born in a different country while Australia is not competing.

JDF
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:41 am

I take your point Joel, but just because they barrack for Italy doesn't mean they're "pretending" they were born there, I barraked for Italy before they were knocked out because I live on Lygon Street and well, you've gotta barrack for someone til Australia finally get through. But I am under no illusions as to where I was born!!!

But I do find it annoying when people do the whole stereotypical "Italian" thing, especially when there family has been here for 3 or 4 generations, so I understand where you're comming from. It's more than just barracking for Italy, it's the trashing, the flags, that sort of thing.

Pies for Premiers 2002, 3, 4, 5, 6....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: